IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

MobileIron UEM OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

MobileIron UEM is #12 ranked solution in top Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) tools. PeerSpot users give MobileIron UEM an average rating of 8 out of 10. MobileIron UEM is most commonly compared to Microsoft Intune: MobileIron UEM vs Microsoft Intune. MobileIron UEM is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 60% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 21% of all views.

Download the Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is MobileIron UEM?

MobileIron unified endpoint management (UEM) enables your employees to enjoy seamless access to business apps and data through secure mobile devices, desktops, and cloud services while still maintaining complete control over their privacy.

MobileIron UEM was previously known as MobileIron Unified Endpoint Management, MobileIron EMM, MobileIron Enterprise Mobility Management.

MobileIron UEM Customers

Frontier Airlines

MobileIron UEM Video

MobileIron UEM Pricing Advice

What users are saying about MobileIron UEM pricing:
  • "My impression is that MobileIron is very expensive."
  • "The price of MobileIron UEM is very good."
  • MobileIron UEM Reviews

Lorenzo Arcinue - PeerSpot reviewer
    IT Administrator at Zai
    Feature-rich, easy to use, and has responsive technical support
    • "The user interface is user-friendly."
    • "The integration between the MobileIron and Advanced Neurons isn't completely in sync, and we're still working on that."

What is our primary use case?

MobileIron UEM will be used to manage mobile devices. We will be able to manage a wide range of endpoints from the MobileIron console, similar to VMware Workspace ONE.

What is most valuable?

The user interface is user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

I don't believe I have, given the scope of this, because I haven't explored them thoroughly. So I don't think I have a problem with them right now. For a new user, the initial setup could be simplified. We had an issue with the integration of an add-on, but it has been resolved. They are using a MobileIron as the base mobile device management solution, and we have added some additional solutions to that, such as Advanced Neurons. The integration between the MobileIron and Advanced Neurons isn't completely in sync, and we're still working on that.

I have been testing MobileIron UEM for two to three weeks. We are working with the latest version. MobileIron is still with Ivanti. We are still working on the proof of concept with them, and I believe the tenant is still with them. I'm not sure who the host is.
    Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM)
    June 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about MobileIron, Microsoft, VMware and others in Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM). Updated: June 2022.
    610,229 professionals have used our research since 2012.

MobileIron UEM is a stable solution.

MobileIron UEM is a scalable solution. We are only going to deploy it to 200 plus, users at first. That will increase in the future, depending on how our business grows.

When it comes to technical support, the person who is fixing it is the one who leads the POC. The same engineer who is assisting us with the proof of concept is also the one who is repairing it. I believe technical support is quite responsive because he is the one who is resolving the issues.

We are working on the proof of concept for both MobileIron and Workspace ONE. We are only testing MobileIron and Workspace ONE. After that, we will decide which device to use. Workspace ONE by VMware Similarly, we will use MobileIron as a mobile device management tool, allowing us to manage our endpoints remotely. So far, we have not had any issues with VMware, and we have resolved some, if not all, of the issues. I have been testing with VMware Workspace ONE for the same amount of time as MobileIron UEM, three weeks.  We are using the latest version, and it is deployed on a public cloud. The cloud provider is VMware. I have also been working with Google Chrome. Google Workspace is an email production tool provided by Google. We don't have a firewall because we're in the cloud right now. We have no on-premises network and all of our systems are hosted in the cloud.

Perhaps because it is my first time, it is quite complex, but there are engineers guiding us, but it is quite complex on my end.

We had assistance from a MobileIron team member. We will investigate their features and see what capabilities they have while conducting a proof of concept. That is our proof of concept's goal.

We don't have the cost until we have completed the proof of concept.

What other advice do I have?

They need to research other platforms or solutions to determine which solution best meets their needs. In particular, I don't think I have any recommendations for MobileIron because my experience with it has been limited. I lack extensive experience with MobileIron. I'm a potential customer. I would rate MobileIron UEM an eight out of ten.

Other
    System Engineer at a pharma/biotech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Centrally managed with everything in one place, but the interface needs to be improved
    • "The most valuable feature is that everything is in one place, which makes it easy to manage."
    • "The interface is complicated and not very easy to use."

What is our primary use case?

Centrally manage every Mobilephone of the company.

How has it helped my organization?

We know who can access our internal Datas from a mobilephone. The Deployment of a new Device ist done in few Minutes.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that everything is in one place, which makes it easy to manage. It allows us to make sure that a mobile device is in place, and whether everything is okay with it, or not.

What needs improvement?

The interface is complicated and not very easy to use. We find it very difficult to understand.

A "single click" Deployment ist now possible. It took some time to implement everything. But the time safe now is huge.

We began using MobileIron UEM approximately three years ago.

This is a stable product.

It is certainly scalable. We have two or three people who use it regularly, but there are approximately 200 users who benefit from it.

We do not contact MDM directly for technical support. Rather, we have a partner in Switzerland to contact. What I can say about the partner is that contacting them is not as easy as it should be. It's very complicated and they take a lot of time to implement something or to give an answer.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

Prior to this solution, we weren't using similar.

I was not present for the initial setup and deployment.

Update: We now implemented all new. Impossible without external help.

They are up-to-date. But they have to much to do, so it's difficult to catch them.

There is no real ROI, but we like to have a consolidated solution.

My impression is that MobileIron is very expensive.

We are currently in the process of researching inTune as an alternative to MobileIron. Intune, is part of Microsoft 365. We are now deciding whether it's worth it to permanently change to MobileIron. Ultimately, we have to look at the cost and determine what product we should use.

Update: inTune is not an alternative at the moment

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud

Other
    Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM)
    June 2022
    610,229 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Henry Jeans - PeerSpot reviewer
    Mobile Project Support at Maintel Holdings PLC
    Easy to use and offers good control but needs to have better technical support
    • "It's effective in what it is able to achieve and it's easy to use."
    • "We would like the initial setup to be simpler."

What is our primary use case?

I use this solution in order to manage mobile devices.

What is most valuable?

The solution is good. It's effective in what it is able to achieve and it's easy to use.

The control on offer is the most valuable aspect of the solution.

The product is stable.

We've found the scalability to be good.

What needs improvement?

We haven't really found anything lacking in terms of features.

The support on offer could be better.

We would like the initial setup to be simpler.

I've been using the solution for at least the past 12 months or so.

The solution is pretty stable. We haven't had issues with bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

The solution can scale well. If a company needs to expand, it's not a problem. We have a lot of people using the solution currently. Likely there are hundreds of users on it.

We'd like for the product to offer better support so that if we need help we can feel confident we'd get it. They are just not as efficient or effective as we would like them to be.

We did not previously use a different solution.

It was not an easy initial setup for us. It was a bit difficult and not really straightforward.

I don't deal with the costs of the pricing. I'm not sure how much it is for the company.

What other advice do I have?

I'm not sure which version of the solution we're using.

I'd rate the solution a seven out of ten. It's okay. There are a few areas where it could improve.

LarsHedberg - PeerSpot reviewer
    Enterprise Mobile Manager at Svevia AB
    Great customer support which is imperative but lacks language support for non-English speakers
    • "The company provides great customer service."
    • "UI needs an upgrade, feels very outdated."

What is our primary use case?

I worked for a construction company and up until the last couple of months was the company mobile manager. We used MobileIron as security for the MobileIron networks in the company. I have retired now.

What is most valuable?

We get great customer service from the company.

What needs improvement?

It would have been helpful to have had some language support. The company is in the construction industry in Sweden and we had a lot of different people working with us and not everyone is an English speaker. I also found the UI to be quite complicated to work with, so it takes quite a bit of time to train any new staff and to get them to understand how the solution works. The design could be upgraded because when younger people come on board and they've had a couple of years working with different tools, it feels like a return to the Ice Age for them.

I used this solution for five years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is quite scalable.

We have very good technical support. When we had big issues, the support was fantastic, I have nothing to complain about. It was important for us to have that level of security from the company.  With this kind of software, you really need to have a close connection with the support organization.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

The initial setup of MobileIron is not too complicated.

What other advice do I have?

In all the years I used this product, we never needed to implement the disaster recovery plan, so the solution works well. On the one hand, MobileIron provides great service support but on the other hand, there's no language support and the interface needs upgrading.

Taking everything into consideration, I rate the solution seven out of 10.

Mahadi Ma - PeerSpot reviewer
    Engineer at M.Tech
    Useful tunneling, beneficial enterprise integration, and priced well

What is our primary use case?

MobileIron UEM can be deployed on-premise or in the cloud.

I am using MobileIron UEM for a secure mobile device connected to a data center.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of MobileIron UEM are tunneling and enterprise integration.

What needs improvement?

MobileIron UEM could improve the monitoring of devices.

I have been using MobileIron UEM for approximately four years.

MobileIron UEM is stable. We have some issues sometimes with conductivity but that is the internet connection, such as WiFi.

The scalability of MobileIron UEM is good for on-premise and cloud deployments. MobileIron UEM has given the customer the ability to manage how many devices they have. If they have more than 10,000 devices, they need to upgrade the server. For example, they might need to upgrade the CPU or memory, et cetera.

We have approximately 5,000 to 10,000 users using this solution.

I have used the support from MobileIron UEM.

I rate the support from MobileIron UEM a three out of five.

I have not used another similar solution.

MobileIron UEM is easy to deploy and the initial setup is simple.

We did the implementation of MobileIron UEM in-house.

We have three people for the maintenance of the solution.

The price of MobileIron UEM is very good.

I rate the price for MobileIron UEM a five out of five.

What other advice do I have?

I rate MobileIron UEM an eight out of ten.

Download our free Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) Report and find out what your peers are saying about MobileIron, Microsoft, VMware, and more!
    Updated: June 2022