Kiuwan Insights OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the Static Code Analysis Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Kiuwan Insights?

Kiuwan Insights supports the continuity and integrity of open source management with a complete multi-technology solution that seamlessly integrates with key SDLC tools.

With Kiuwan Insights, you can identify and manage:

vulnerabilities,

compliance, and

operational risk

that may arise from using open source components.

Open source components are a significant and important part of commercial software today. Yet the use of these components introduces the risk of security vulnerabilities, as well as a need to ensure proper licensing and adherence to policies.

Automation is an essential strategy for detection of open source components and security vulnerabilities, compliance analysis, and policy enforcement.

Kiuwan Insights was previously known as Insights SCA.

Kiuwan Insights Video

Kiuwan Insights Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Kiuwan Insights pricing:
"Pricing can be improved as well."

Kiuwan Insights Reviews

Felix Esteban - PeerSpot reviewer
Head of Development and Consulting at Logalty
Protects problematic libraries; sorely lacking in customer services
  • "Can help in reducing the number of false positives."
  • "The solution has issues detecting intrusive methods."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is to reduce our risks. I'm head of development and consulting.

What is most valuable?

Insights is valuable at protecting a problematic library and enabling you to reduce the number of false positives.

What needs improvement?

As opposed to other solutions on the market, Insights doesn't know whether or not you're using effective methods, it's not very good at detecting intrusive methods. Support and training are lacking in the product.

I've been using this solution for three years.

Static Code Analysis
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Kiuwan, Micro Focus, JetBrains and others in Static Code Analysis. Updated: November 2022.
654,658 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We've been using Kiuwan for three years, and haven't had any problems with stability.

We are a small user, so scalability is not an issue.

Kiuwan lacks decent support, it's very bad. A couple of years ago an American company bought Kiuwan and support became non-existent. It's a big part of why we're looking to move to another product. We have questions regarding false positives and nobody responds to our tickets. They don't have any answers. If you're looking for a cheaper solution and don't require support, it might be okay, but a large end company that has a lot of questions about how the developers are programming will have trouble.

Deployment is not very complicated; you put the pipelines in Jenkins and configure. In this respect, it's similar to other solutions.

Kiuwan uses a very good licensing model. We initially chose the solution because the price and quality matched. That's not the case anymore and the price is no longer any better than other solutions. The licensing model is based on a per-use payment model.

We've looked at other options. I think maybe the other solutions on the market show the attack vector, and it's easier to fix vulnerabilities. Kiuwan can't do this. Another issue is that other solutions have training included as part of the consultancy services but Kiuwan doesn't.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution six out of 10.

Alejandro  Hidalgo - PeerSpot reviewer
Director Nacional de Infraestructura Tecnológica y Operaciones at SEPS
Pricing and code capacity need improvement

What is our primary use case?

We test the code and use Kiuwan Insights to analyze where we have issues in the code.

What is most valuable?

I have found the interface to be perfect.

What needs improvement?

The solution is great, but improvement is needed in the number of lines of code allowed, that is the capacity. Pricing can be improved as well.

I researched Veracode and IT Solutions.

Download our free Static Code Analysis Report and find out what your peers are saying about Kiuwan, Micro Focus, JetBrains, and more!
Updated: November 2022