IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Juniper WXC [EOL] OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the WAN Optimization Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is Juniper WXC [EOL]?

Juniper WXC [EOL] was previously known as WXC.

Juniper WXC [EOL] Customers
AARNet Pty Ltd, BancABC, Catholic Health System, Cloud Dynamics, DQE Communications, Expedient, Global Investment Bank, HEAnet, Hosting, London Internet Exchange Ltd (LINX), Massachusetts Broadband Institute, High Performance Networks Inc., Meijer, MercaSID, S.A., Multinational Financial Services Provider, Neutrona, Nevada Health CO-OP, Poznan Supercomputing and Networking Center (PSNC), Revlon Inc., Springfield Public Schools (SPS), St. Catherine University, University of Hertfordshire, Valdosta State University, zulily

Archived Juniper WXC [EOL] Reviews (more than two years old)

Arif Mohammed - PeerSpot reviewer
System Engineer at Keysight Technologies
CIFS acceleration is an important feature. Juniper still needs to fix the power supply issues.

What is most valuable?

Compression is the best feature in this product i have seen may cases where Customer was using 10 Mbps Lease line link between his HQ and Branch offices after installing WXC in their network they have reduce the link bandwidth to 2 Mbps. Which is really Cost effective.

How has it helped my organization?

I used to use this product when I was working for a WXC Juniper TAC Team and I was supporting Juniper’s enterprises customers around the world and yes this product gives big financially relief to those customer who don’t want to spend more money for lease lines.

What needs improvement?

Power supply issues.

2 years
WAN Optimization
July 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Juniper, Broadcom, Riverbed and others in WAN Optimization. Updated: July 2022.
611,060 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Customer Service: It depends on region. US customer are currently getting the best service. Technical Support: Juniper provides 24/7 technical support for this device. Indian and US TAC team support is exceptional.

Initial setup is very easy.

As per my knowledge, the Citrix’s Netsclar product is giving tough competition to Juniper WXC.
it_user136044 - PeerSpot reviewer
IT Engineer at a transportation company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Compression, acceleration & mulit-path are valuable, however look at alternatives as the Juniper WXC is end-of-sale.

Valuable Features

Compression, acceleration (reducing round trips on high latency connections) and mulit-path (using more than one WAN connection).

Improvements to My Organization

Using multi-path has enabled us to add low cost DSL connections to our sites that are connected by 3rd party MPLS. This provides additional bandwidth at a lower cost than increasing the MPLS circuit speeds.

Room for Improvement

None - the Juniper WXC range is now end-of-sale and due to go end-of-support in 2016.

Use of Solution

8 years

No. The devices can be deployed with IP addressing and registration/management server details. They are then able to download their configs directly from the Management server (Juniper-CMS).

No, however the usual break/fix applies when devices become faulty (such as hardware failure).

Customer Service: Excellent - License key generation and RMA's are always dealt with within a couple of hours.Technical Support: Tech Support via a J-TAC has always been sufficient when our VAR was unable to provide the technical level of support required.

The initial setup was straightforward with regards to configuration. Deployment was more complex due to local customs clearances and actually getting the kit to site.

Implementation Team

We carried out the installations in-house. This meant we could keep to the tight deployment deadlines. We also deployed our own IT Engineer to go to site and perform the installation.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

The day-to-day costs of managing the WXC infrastructure equates to around an hour a day of a sys admins time.

Other Solutions Considered

Yes, we also looked at Riverbed.

Other Advice

Look at alternatives such as Exinda, Silverpeak, Riverbed or Bluecoat as the Juniper WXC is end-of-sale.
Download our free WAN Optimization Report and find out what your peers are saying about Juniper, Broadcom, Riverbed, and more!
Updated: July 2022