HPE Cloud Object Storage OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the Cloud Storage Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is HPE Cloud Object Storage?

HPE Cloud Object Storage was previously known as HP Cloud Object Storage.

HPE Cloud Object Storage Customers

China Merchants Bank, Hexaware, Snagajob

Archived HPE Cloud Object Storage Reviews (more than two years old)

Consultant at a computer software company with 11-50 employees
Reseller
Good support, easy to set up, stable, and provides file sharing capability
  • "One of the features offered and used by many clients is file-sharing."
  • "Our customers in Canada cannot use it because it has to be compliant in the same country."

What is our primary use case?

We are resellers of hardware and solutions from manufacturers. We provide solutions for our clients.

There are many uses, but primarily to help their backups go faster. It takes too long to use the traditional backup tools, we go through Cohesity using object storage.

What is most valuable?

One of the features offered and used by many clients is file-sharing. It is not a NAS it is a way to give access to analytics, devops, staging etc.

What needs improvement?

Canada is not a big market for HPE. They offered a solution called Cloud Volumes that are based in Europe or in the U.S. Because of compliance reasons, it is not hosted in Canada.

Our customers in Canada cannot use it because it has to be compliant in the same country.

We would like it to be available to our clients in Canada as it is cheaper than going to AWS, Azure, or Google.

I would like to see the storage available to connect with other external solutions, other than just HPE. It is currently only available on their hardware. For example, for a customer who does not have HPE hardware, they should be able to connect or interact with the cloud volumes.

I have been dealing with HPE Cloud Object Storage for a year.

Cloud Storage
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Dropbox, Nasuni and others in Cloud Storage. Updated: November 2022.
656,474 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The feedback from our clients is that it is very stable. They are very happy with it.

Updates are completed on a regular basis and well documented.

HPE Cloud Object Storage is scalable. You can add to it at any time, it's a matter of paying for it. As you want more space you get it instantaneously.

We started as a small company with 30 employees. We were recently purchased by a larger company and we now have 1500 employees.

I haven't had to contact technical support, but I know that it's mainly an HPE support center. As far as I know, the support they offer is good.

The initial setup is extremely simple. It's a portal where you pay for a subscription and you are ready to go. It's easy.

HPE does all of the maintenance, it's just a matter of connecting. You can do the updates yourself, but normally they are done through your support contract. Updates are required to be able to connect to the cloud. Updates are completed approximately twice a year.

Licensing is based on a per terabyte basis. It's a matter of how much you need, then you pay on a monthly basis.

What other advice do I have?

It's a very competitive solution as long as you have it in the country of your choice and it meets with the compliance requirements, then it's okay.

I would check it out and compare it to other similar providers.

Research it well, and make sure that it meets your needs and requirements.

I would rate HPE Cloud Object Storage a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud
CIO System Management at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Reduces costs, increases our efficiency and has good optimization features
  • "I like the easy and fast configuration."
  • "The user interface needs to improve."

What is our primary use case?

We use the program to provide services to our clients and then we use it ourselves for internal usage and to test environments. We provide test environments for overall IT systems, which we then offer to our customers.

How has it helped my organization?

Using HPE Cloud Object Storage reduces our costs because we have reduced complexity to deploy things to outside roles. It, therefore, increases our efficiency in parallel.

What is most valuable?

The features I find most valuable are the fast deployment, management, and the optimization features. The user interface, although it isn't very fast, is good because it's easy to understand how to deploy it. So I like the easy and fast configuration.

What needs improvement?

So far, I haven't noticed anything that needs to improve, but perhaps the user interface could be a little better so that one could get into the relevant menus faster.

I have been using HPE Cloud Object Storage for five years now.

I believe the program is stable and we're very confident that this is the right solution for our needs.

We don't plan to increase our usage soon, but I believe the program is scalable.

We haven't had any technical issues so far.

The initial setup was straightforward and it took us two or three days for deployment and to finish everything. I didn't use any help of an integrator, seller or consultant because I have a storage consultant from HPE who explained to me how the system should be deployed and then we did it on our own. So he was only assisting remotely.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to 10, I will rate HPE Cloud Object Storage a nine, because I think the user interface could be better so that one could get into the relevant menus faster.

Cloud Storage
November 2022
656,474 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Senior Network Engineer at a wholesaler/distributor with self employed
Simplifies our processes and environment and helps with costs and scaling because we don't need hardware and scale on demand
  • "This is a scalable solution that is available when we need it."
  • "Technical support is not available locally for us."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is to store our data objects on the private cloud.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved my organization because we do not need to invest in additional hardware.

What is most valuable?

We have an agreement with HPE where they take care of and host some of our data which simplifies our processes and environment. This product helps with costs and scaling because we don't need hardware and scale on demand.

The most valuable thing is that they host our data.

What needs improvement?

The biggest disadvantage to this product is the technical support and pricing. Both of these could be better.

There are no real features to be added that I can think of as it is already high-powered relative to other technology I have used. Maybe the product design could be enhanced and I can't get local technical support from the company. These are not really features of the product.

As far as improvements in the product itself, it would be good to upgrade the speed and performance to improve the data access time. Also, we would like to see better security added to protect the data and access from hackers. These are not missing features that need to be added, it is only that existing features could be enhanced to make the product better.

This is a solution we have been using for ten years

The product is usually stable. We had a minor problem one time where the product was not responding well. It did not properly save the work and did not keep the data available and running all the time. It was not a big problem and it was isolated.

The product is scalable but you have to pay more when you scale.

We don't have to use technical support much as HPE hosts our data, but we have active support with HPE and within the company. The support is not available when we need it so it is not perfect in helping with problems we have, but they do respond.

The HPE company stores our data. There was not much to implement.

We dealt directly with the company to contract services.

Though I said in other parts of the review that the price could be lower, the product is already in the middle when it comes to pricing, so it is not expensive or cheap. As a cloud option, you pay for what you use.

What other advice do I have?

It is a good product and I recommend it to other people and organizations who are exploring it as an option. All the other organizations seem to me to be using HPE in their companies and there must be a good reason for that.

On a scale from one to ten, when one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate HPE Cloud Storage as a nine. It's practically totally perfect for what it is supposed to do and current technology.