IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Fujitsu Managed Virtualization Service OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is Fujitsu Managed Virtualization Service?

Fujitsu's Managed Virtualization allows organizations to leverage the benefits of virtualization without the knowledge investment, which can be associated with managing such systems. Fujitsu will ensure your virtual management systems operate at optimal efficiency, proactively balancing the resource allocation needs of your virtual machines, to ensure peak performance. Fujitsu leverages leading industry tools to deliver automated, intelligent workload management for virtual infrastructures, to assure application performance and drive operational efficiency. Our service is available 24x7x365 and can be delivered to you with proactive monitoring and reactive response to incidents, along with change and release management.

Fujitsu Managed Virtualization Service was previously known as Fujitsu Managed Virtualization.

Fujitsu Managed Virtualization Service Video

Fujitsu Managed Virtualization Service Reviews

Pramod Poonit - PeerSpot reviewer
Director - Smart Solutions at Inovus Ltd.
Solid back up and redundancy performance, but initial implementation is difficult.
  • "The feature that I have found most valuable is the redundancy, the failover solution. We have multiple servers running and there is no downtime. When one VM, virtual machine, is having an issue, it will automatically go to another host on the cluster. The clustering failover is the main advantage."
  • "The ease of use of the configuration tools could be improved because it is quite complex to setup. The full infrastructure is quite difficult to setup and takes a lot of time to understand the components and be able to implement."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary uses are for application services, when the customer needs to run their line of business application, LOB application, on the infrastructure. That's the main use.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved the customer's organization in terms of performance - it has provided a great improvement in performance. Second, it has improved their organization in terms of data security. Because their servers were old we had to implement something reliable. Now, the backup time has greatly improved. We have better backup time and better performance for use.

Those are definitely the main advantages.

What is most valuable?

The feature that I have found most valuable is the redundancy, the failover solution. We have multiple servers running and there is no downtime. When one VM, virtual machine, is having an issue, it will automatically go to another host on the cluster. The clustering failover is the main advantage.

What needs improvement?

The customer has not said anything, but for us, the ease of use of the configuration tools could be improved because it is quite complex to setup. The full infrastructure is quite difficult to setup and takes a lot of time to understand the components and be able to implement.

I have been using Fujitsu Managed Virtualization Service for around two years.

In terms of stability, it has only been a few months since it was implemented, but so far the solution is very good. It's stable. There are no issues till now. Stability will be known in the long run. Maybe if you ask me this question in a year or two then I will be able to tell you. Because right now it's good. It's working fine. It's stable.

Scalability is very good. We took a solution where we use only 40% of its capacity now because the solution was designed to be scaled so that the customer can be using that same solution for five years to come. Scalability was something that was planned from the beginning.

The last implementation we did was for 150 users. It is being used extensively.

We do intend to increase usage. It is the future because all the infrastructures will be implemented requiring that kind of scalability and redundancy failover. We have the customers with these requirements coming.

Right now, it's not the focus of the whole business. Because of the current situation, no one is going to implement that kind of infrastructure for the immediate period. In the long run, if we take two or three years from now, then sure. There will be lots of projects like that.

Our team plus an external third party that are involved in implementation. Our technical team is three people. The third party is two people. In total, we can say there are five people working on that implementation.

Maintenance is only done by our three person technical team. They are doing the maintenance. We don't need the third party for the maintenance of the solution.

I do not work directly with customer support. My engineer team deals with Fujitsu support because I'm more into project design and getting the customer to approve the project than the implementation, system integration or support. So I haven't been interacting too much with Fujitsu support.

The initial setup is not easy.

I think it took for around two weeks.

We work in collaboration with a third party who specializes in such a deployment. We have a contact that is helping us on this implementation.

Our customer is under a yearly license but we have bundled everything under five years. The license involving the solution was already paid up for five years.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anyone considering Fujitsu Managed Virtualization Service would be that to ensure the implementation goes smoothly, to read and try to understand all the documentation, all the blogs, see the videos and/or every bit of information you can get, before starting the deployment because it is quite a complex thing. There are a lot of things in the network and everything needs to be understood so that it can go smoothly. We found some difficulties when we did the implementation. It's not a very easy job to do.

On a scale of one to ten, I would give Fujitsu Managed Virtualization Service a seven.