IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

FireEye Endpoint Security OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

FireEye Endpoint Security is #12 ranked solution in EDR tools. PeerSpot users give FireEye Endpoint Security an average rating of 8.2 out of 10. FireEye Endpoint Security is most commonly compared to CrowdStrike Falcon: FireEye Endpoint Security vs CrowdStrike Falcon. FireEye Endpoint Security is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 66% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 22% of all views.
FireEye Endpoint Security Buyer's Guide

Download the FireEye Endpoint Security Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: August 2022

What is FireEye Endpoint Security?

FireEye Endpoint Security is an integrated endpoint solution that detects, prevents and responds effectively to known malware and threats traditional anti-virus endpoint security products miss. It expands endpoint visibility and provides contextual frontline intelligence to help analysts automate protection, quickly determine the exact scope and level of any attack activity and adapt defenses as needed.

FireEye Endpoint Security Customers

Tech Resources Limited, Globe Telecom, Rizal Commercial Banking Corporation

FireEye Endpoint Security Video

Archived FireEye Endpoint Security Reviews (more than two years old)

IT Security Engineer at Miltec
Reseller
Offers good integration between the environments

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the integration between environments.

What needs improvement?

Something that needs to improve is the interface. I would also like to see simple processing and reporting online.

I've been using this solution for six months now.

The stability of the solution was not very good.

FireEye Endpoint Security
August 2022
Learn what your peers think about FireEye Endpoint Security. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2022.
620,987 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We had some issues with the scalability but it was taken care of. It can be improved, however.

What other advice do I have?

I will rate this solution an eight out of ten. In the next version I would like to see an improvement in the scalability and stability.

product manager at MCS
Reseller
Detects malicious behavior across all common and controlled traffic throughputs
  • "The most valuable network security feature is the network sandbox solution. This sandbox feature works on traffic flow."
  • "The investigation and forensic analysis have been most helpful."
  • "They could also increase or improve the scalability because to my knowledge the biggest bandwidth can only support up to 10 gigs of input."
  • "If you have another endpoint product running on the same machine, you have to fine tune functions from FireEye to avoid performance and user experience issues."

What is our primary use case?

FireEye Endpoint Security is positioned as an Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) product.

We are a distributor of the FireEye product. We offer a combination FireEye package. We offer the product in many sectors, like banking and government.

We use the latest version.

We offer it in a private cloud model for our customers who want to build a security operations centers in their environment.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable network security feature is the network sandbox solution. This sandbox feature works on traffic flow. Detects multi stages attacks based on MVX analytics engine which detects zero-day, multi-flow and other evasive attacks with dynamic, signature-less analysis in a safe, virtual environment. It stops infection and compromise phases of the cyber-attack kill chain by identifying never-before-seen exploits and malware.

It has capabilities like machine learning and endpoint protection as an antivirus.

The investigation and forensic analysis have been most helpful.

What needs improvement?

They could use a Host Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS) and application control module.

If you have another endpoint product running on the same machine, you have to fine tune functions from FireEye to avoid performance and user experience issues.

It is stable. There are zero false positive solutions, not like other solutions.

We plan to increase our usage.

They have a strong technical support.

Before FireEye, we used McAfee Endpoint Protection and Trend Micro.

The setup was straightforward.

Our deployment and implementation strategies have to remain agile. Every customer requirement is different. Some implementations require a direct connection and so it will take, for SMB customers, a day more or less. For larger enterprises according to the distribution and the need for more trenches with lots of internet gateways, it could take up to five days. E.g., the deployment could take two to three days with 500 users.

Our technical team does the implementation.

We require two to three people for deployment and maintenance.

The current pricing is much better than before because they now offer product-related promotions along with some changes in product licensing. The new pricing model is better than before.

It is a yearly subscription-based product, which includes the license and hardware. There is also a subscription for technical support up to five years.

It is inexpensive with a competitive price.

We also looked at Palo Alto Networks Traps and Trend Micro.

What other advice do I have?

It offers protection from the latest threats.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Distributor.
FireEye Endpoint Security
August 2022
620,987 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Hubert Luberek - PeerSpot reviewer
Information Technology Security Architect at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
A simple to use, yet effective solution for protecting us against malware and other threats
  • "The most valuable feature of this solution is its simplicity."
  • "The integration and display of the dashboards have to be done better."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to enhance our internal defense system, protecting us against malware and advanced persistent threats.

We use the on-premises deployment model.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has helped to protect our organization against security threats.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is its simplicity. The triage process is quite effective, and it is compatible with many different systems.

What needs improvement?

We had a very large problem that has, unfortunately, not been solved. Simply put, when we start the computer the program will not start. We have encouraged FireEye to solve this problem because we have to manually start this product each and every time, and it affects almost thirty percent of our environment. From a security perspective, this is not stable.

After using various components in this solution, I get the feeling that not every part of the whole FireEye suite works perfectly with the other parts. Sometimes you have this functionality where the product has the ability to take data from one part of the solution and use it in different parts. Sometimes, however, you don't have this luxury. The solution needs more suitable dashboards that handle things from different perspectives. For example, a CEO and a technician from operations are completely different. The integration and display of the dashboards have to be done better.

We have been using this solution for less than two years.

We have had trouble with stability because the program fails to start when the computer does.

This solution is very flexible and scalable.

This solution needs stronger support in Eastern Europe because of the time difference between, for example, Poland and the United States. It makes it difficult to contact technical support. In order to receive good support, we have to wait until 5:00 pm before we call. Essentially, the vender needs a better presence in more time zones, and 24/7 support would help to fix this.

Technical support has another problem, where the support from the US is better than the support elsewhere. The training and knowledge should be the same, no matter which tech support group you contact. This might be accomplished using a better internal knowledge sharing system.

We did use another solution prior to this, but because we have the entire FireEye suite, we decided to create a more monolithic approach to security using different products. These include FireEye EX and FireEye AX, which are used for malware protection, network protection, and sandboxing. We decided that if these were good enough then we would push more for the endpoints, which is why we adopted this solution.

The installation of this solution is straightforward from my perspective.

What other advice do I have?

I like FireEye products, and they have a huge portfolio for this solution. However, this is not a magic bullet where you can install it and your problems will disappear. The problem is with the people, rather than the tool. From my perspective, you can install every tool, but you need to have a security operations team involved in the process of analyzing, sorting, and eliminating threats.

When we started our project, we had very few people and we have realized that this had to change. The system without human intervention is useless. We needed to build more complex security operation centers to handle false positives, the triage process, and eliminating threats.

The biggest lesson that I have learned from this solution is that people need to be ready and the business needs to be ready to use it. This is not a toy. It is a very mature solution to protect the internals of the organization and it should be treated in this way.

This is not the worse product that I have seen. I've seen many, many bad products. At the same time, this is not the best product that I have seen.

Executive Officer at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
  • "It is very valuable in finding out unknown malware."
  • "I hope the solution can be used in cloud systems going forward."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is to locate unknown malware.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution made it possible for us to have visibility into the amount of malware and threats which were coming into our company.

The solution has helped to increase staff productivity.

What is most valuable?

It is very valuable in finding out unknown malware.

What needs improvement?

I hope the solution can be used in cloud systems going forward.

The stability is not so bad, but also not so good.

The scalability is good.

We have our technical teams who can do PoCs. Also, our local vendor can support us.

We did not use a solution prior to this one.

The initial setup was straightforward.

We used a reseller who was good for the first stage of the implementation. However, for the operational phase, they were not so good. The QA time takes too much time. Their response time was lacking.

We have seen a 50 percent decrease in the meantime when detecting a response to threats.

We did look at other vendors, like Cylance. We chose FireEye because they have a long history, which results in stability.

What other advice do I have?

First, implement it. Then, see what is going on in your company. You will see that there are many risks which you have never seen.

The product is not bad, but there may be somethings that need to be modified. The solution is very precise for detecting risks, but the operational quality has some issues.

Jitu Mani Das - PeerSpot reviewer
Information Security Manager at SPXFLOW
All the features of HX give the administrator control over the managed devices

What is our primary use case?

We moved on to FireEye HX as an endpoint solution. Mainly, this is the next-generation endpoint protection where it protects the endpoints not just from the office network but also from roaming. Its capability seeing today's threat actors is the best one.

How has it helped my organization?

This gives us a more secure and completely scalable zero-day model security product to the endpoint. We manage not only the software but also the next-gen AV.

What is most valuable?

All the features of HX give the administrator control over the managed devices:

• Managing is easy
  • The different threat actor based signature
  • Behavioural analysis
  • Malware protection
  • Zero-day protection

IOC based detections are really the best ones. However, the enterprise search option is a hunting option given to the admin.

What needs improvement?

• AV management based on manual scan
  • Manual scan feature is not easily done
  • A long way of setting hostname set, and
  • Scheduling over policy which is time taking and I don't feel comfortable.

Excellent.

Performance wise, it's good. The agent does not consume much process or CPU.

Great support, a well technology-minded guy with a proactive and ready-to-resolve easy attitude.

The deployment was easy.

In-house, and sometimes getting help from the product vendor.

Though it's expensive, it gives the security required to be trusted with the product.

Download our free FireEye Endpoint Security Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: August 2022