Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Elastic Beats OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the Log Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Elastic Beats?

Beats is the platform for single-purpose data shippers. They install as lightweight agents and send data from hundreds or thousands of machines to Logstash or Elasticsearch.

Elastic Beats Customers

Sprint

Elastic Beats Video

Elastic Beats Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Elastic Beats pricing:
"It wasn't cheap, but it was cost-effective compared to many of the other solutions."

Elastic Beats Reviews

I.T. Manager at a healthcare company with 51-200 employees
A great addition to our security monitoring system
  • "The security aspects in general have been very useful to use."
  • "At some level, the documentation, the information as far as the components, it's sometimes a little difficult to find the information necessary to implement aspects."

What is our primary use case?

We're using it as part of our security monitoring system — essentially collecting logs and metrics and analyzing it for security at times.

What is most valuable?

The security aspects in general have been very useful to use.

What needs improvement?

The documentation the vendor provides and even in the user groups and stuff, some of the information is very scarce.

We have been using this solution for roughly seven months.

Log Management
September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Elastic, Splunk, IBM and others in Log Management. Updated: September 2022.
632,539 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It's also been very stable.

We haven't to this point had to scale very large, we want to continue to evolve, but it's a slow process for us. From what I've used so far, and my reading on it, I don't think we're going to have any problems scaling to really whatever size we need.

I did contact them one time when an upgrade process went awry and they were able to resolve the issues and take care of it. I just chatted with them online and they were able to recover the process and force it to complete appropriately.

We did not. It was part of our evolving and we really weren't using log management.

The initial setup was pretty straightforward. I pretty much just set it up and moved forward on my own and continued to evolve with it.

We're paying monthly on our AWS still. I don't remember the cost right now. It wasn't cheap, but it was cost-effective compared to many of the other solutions. But I don't remember offhand. I believe it was on the cheaper side compared to similar solutions.

I had looked at many solutions over the years. It was actually the one we're working with, the security operation center and that was their preferred method and since we didn't have any preference, that was the direction we went.

What other advice do I have?

As with most SIEM solutions — it takes time. It takes time and you have to evolve the system and configure it to meet your needs.

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of eight.

Download our free Log Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about Elastic, Splunk, IBM, and more!
Updated: September 2022