Dell Storage Resource Manager OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Dell Storage Resource Manager is the #6 ranked solution in top Storage Management tools. PeerSpot users give Dell Storage Resource Manager an average rating of 6.6 out of 10. Dell Storage Resource Manager is most commonly compared to IBM SAN Volume Control: Dell Storage Resource Manager vs IBM SAN Volume Control. Dell Storage Resource Manager is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 70% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 30% of all views.

Download the Storage Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Dell Storage Resource Manager?

ViPR SRM is a software solution that provides multi-vendor capacity, performance, and configuration dashboards and reports for traditional and software-defined storage resources.

Dell Storage Resource Manager was previously known as Dell EMC SRM, Dell EMC ViPR SRM, ViPR SRM, EMC ControlCenter, ECC, EMC ProSphere.

Dell Storage Resource Manager Customers

HNTB Corporation

Dell Storage Resource Manager Video

Dell Storage Resource Manager Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Dell Storage Resource Manager pricing:
"The solution is mid-priced."

Dell Storage Resource Manager Reviews

VP Global Infrastructure at a media company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Reliable and easy to use, but the support needs improvement
  • "It's all about ease of use and reliability."
  • "Technical support needs improvement, as well as the engineering resources, who do the upgrades."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for multiple storage platforms all over the world that need to be able to move data and manage it across them. You have a singular view across all of your storage platforms of what is being used, what is available, and then being able to manage and manipulate those resources as long as it has the capability to manage them.

What is most valuable?

It's a valuable teacher. It's all about ease of use and reliability.

When you get to this class of platforms, it all boils down to a couple of similar things. One of those things is about how easy it is to use, then how reliable it is, and then the overall supportability of it.

What needs improvement?

It's a stable solution. We don't have any issues with the stability of the Dell EMC Storage Resource Manager.

Storage Management
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Dell Technologies, NetApp, SolarWinds and others in Storage Management. Updated: November 2022.
656,474 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It's one thing to call technical support when there is a problem, but when you have to do an upgrade there is a team from Dell and EMC that does that work.

The work is done with your team, but they are the ones who are doing the work. At the end of the day, if those people are not completely up to speed and knowledgeable on the product or what the latest changes are, you are going to have some issues. They are not very strong in that area these days. They are struggling.

What other advice do I have?

Ask them questions about the support model and support structure. Make sure that you understand that this is typically something that you will have there and that we used to be a strong point of EMC, and now because Dell is involved, it is not.

I would rate Dell EMC Storage Resource Manager a seven out of ten.

Senior System Administrator at XIUS CORP.
Good partitions for backup storage but technical support is insufficient

What is our primary use case?

Our company has eight administrators who use the solution's WEMS partitions to store backups. Sometimes, we use the partitions for query language servers.

What is most valuable?

The partitions function well for backup storage.

What needs improvement?

The graphic interface could be improved to be comparable with StorageWorks.

Technical support is inadequate.

I have been using the solution for three years.

The solution is stable with no issues.

The solution is scalable.

Technical support is not sufficient. It needs improvement to be comparable to HP's call center which is knowledgeable and provides good solutions.

I rate technical support a four out of ten.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

The setup is complex.

The solution is mid-priced so I rate it a six out of ten.

The solution and StorageWorks are considered equal to us in terms of features and functionality.

We are only using StorageWorks for new projects because HP offers better support and that is an important component.

What other advice do I have?

I rate the solution a six out of ten.