ConnectWise Manage OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

ConnectWise Manage is the #1 ranked solution in top Business Management Software, #1 ranked solution in top Professional Services Automation (PSA) tools, and #5 ranked solution in top Help Desk Software. PeerSpot users give ConnectWise Manage an average rating of 8.2 out of 10. ConnectWise Manage is most commonly compared to ServiceNow: ConnectWise Manage vs ServiceNow. ConnectWise Manage is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 43% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 26% of all views.
ConnectWise Manage Buyer's Guide

Download the ConnectWise Manage Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: December 2022

What is ConnectWise Manage?

What is ConnectWise Manage?

ConnectWise Manage is a proven Professional Service Automation (PSA) solution that works with your Managed Service Provider (MSP) or Technology Success Provider (TSP) to ensure everything is working right. ConnectWise Manage will create a single view via a single data layer, so you can clarify and streamline what’s actually happening in your business at all times.

Here are some key features available with ConnectWise Manage:

• Help Desk Automation: Help desk automation and workflow functionality are designed to streamline support operations by keeping your help desk responsive and productive no matter how challenging the issue is.
  • Cloud Billing: You will be able to bill, monitor, and manage your clients’ SaaS apps.  Cloud billing helps you easily manage, monitor, and bill for other public cloud services, such as Microsoft 365 and Cisco Cloud Solutions. You can automatically reconcile spreadsheets from any vendor, eliminate billing disputes, increase productivity and save money.
  • Project Management: You have the tools that your team needs to track the progress of multi-faceted projects and project milestones, so you can deliver what you promise to your clients on time, every time, and on budget. With customizable work plans, project templates, efficient dispatching, management-level visibility, and more, ConnectWise Manage helps keep projects running smoothly at all times.
  • Reporting: Leverage the ConnectWise Manage Reporting engine to make data-driven decisions with insights and metrics across all areas of your business. You get full visibility into all your projects and tickets your team is working on and see where the gaps in productivity are occurring and make real-time adjustments when necessary. You can easily reassign tasks or reroute tickets to ensure you never miss a deadline, projects are always finished timely, and client satisfaction is maintained. There are also reporting functions to help maintain inventory integrity and asset protection to guard your margins and keep your profitability continually growing.

ConnectWise Benefits

• Improve Communication: Your teams will be aware at all times of the progress of the project or tickets, etc. Everyone is focused on the same goal and the same outcome moving in the same direction, keeping the workflow running smoothly and making for a very profitable business process.
  • Improve Client Relations: Clients will have a greater satisfaction level when they can see how smoothly everything is progressing and that the staff and teams are accountable to achieve success. The ConnectWise Customer Portal offers clients an opportunity to interact with your team, which brings a greater improved value to the overall experience and gives everyone involved a greater level of confidence and satisfaction that the outcome will be a successful one.
  • Increase Productivity and Profitability: ConnectWise helps all your business processes run more smoothly and will even streamline the billing process, which will ultimately minimize cost, decrease inefficiencies, and improve profitability.

Reviews from Real Users

“It's completely integrated and does everything we want it to do,” says Rick M., director of business development at Frontblade Systems Inc.

Another reviewer, who is an IT specialist at a tech service company relates, “Reliable ticketing system, that is easy to install and is easy to scale”

ConnectWise Manage Customers

IT Connexx, High Standards Technology Inc, Solvere One, MyIT, ConnectWise, Simpatico Systems, Fred IT Group, ECS, OneStop, K2 Technologies, Clark Integrated Technologies, Jmark, Geek on Wheels

ConnectWise Manage Video

Archived ConnectWise Manage Reviews (more than two years old)

Mitchell Fitzpatrick - PeerSpot reviewer
Junior Engineer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Good automation and integrates with other systems, but the interface is a bit complicated
  • "The most valuable feature is the management of projects from start to finish."
  • "It needs to be easier to share tickets between users who need to work together."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for several use cases. For example, it is used for our entire procurement area and ordering all of our stock on hand. It is used for ordering smartphones and smart devices.

We also use it for managed services because we provide IT services to clients. It receives and manages bulk tickets from a variety of different clients. Essentially, it is our ticketing and CRM system.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the management of projects from start to finish. It starts with sales and goes right to project delivery.

The automation and integration with our other systems are a benefit.

The usability is really good.

The knowledge base is very thorough.

What needs improvement?

The UX for general users can be improved as the UI is quite clunky and complicated.

The ability to collaborate on and communicate about tickets can be improved. It needs to be easier to share tickets between users who need to work together. Having an internal chat system would be helpful, rather than having to rely on emails and notes.

The technical support response times and SLAs could be improved, although the support, itself, is thorough.

We have been using ConnectWise Manage for four years.

ConnectWise Manage
December 2022
Learn what your peers think about ConnectWise Manage. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: December 2022.
657,397 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I'd say that this is a stable solution.

It is easy to scale and expand.

We have 80 or 90 people who use this solution on a daily basis. It is being used all the time.

I have been in touch with technical support and I would say that they are thorough, but maybe not as quick of a response as you'd hope for.

Prior to using ConnectWise Manage, we used the Zendesk ticketing system. We switched because it wasn't quite as scalable and there wasn't a single pane of glass for all of the products that we needed.

The initial setup was simplistic enough in terms of the steps, but for our caliber of company and what we needed to do, it was complex. There was a lot of that we had to do. I think that the full migration took at least 11 to 13 months.

We currently have three administrators who do the maintenance. It comes in the form of updating cost changes, pricing codes, or company details. We have to make sure that these details are always accurate. The administrators receive information from each of our departments and update it in the system.

We used consultants and help from the vendor in terms of guidance on the best way to have a smooth migration and process.

The licensing is cheaper than Salesforce. There are some different add-ons and benefits that are optional and come at an additional cost.

We also considered using Salesforce during our switch from Zendesk. The cost was an issue but so was availability in Australia. Salesforce is an American company and there are not a lot of consultants available.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is implementing this solution or another CRM is to migrate slowly and bring across departments one at a time. Definitely map out the entire migration to make sure that everything is aligned correctly. Otherwise, you'll run into issues.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud

Microsoft Azure
it_user961710 - PeerSpot reviewer
System Engineer at PCPlus Networks
User
I use it to support managed clients in all aspects of IT issues.

What is our primary use case?

Supporting managed clients in all aspects of IT issues and using the dispatch portal for scheduling agendas.

How has it helped my organization?

• The cache needs to be improved, and search fields.
  • Outlook connector is good, but there need to be connectors for MailChimp.

What is most valuable?

• Contact integration to customers
  • Faster way to update the ticket
  • Searching for tickets when it is needed.

What needs improvement?

• The login issues with the cache always needing to be cleared.
  • Furthermore, the configurations tab needs to be condensed and not so long.

Three to five years.
ConnectWise Manage
December 2022
657,397 professionals have used our research since 2012.
NOC Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees

What is most valuable?

We use it for Business/Sales Management; it enables tracking of sales leads and opportunities.

How has it helped my organization?

More detailed and complete billing.

What needs improvement?

Not a good ticketing system

Three years.

None.

None.

An eight out of 10.

ConnectWise provided more detailed information for billing and tracking of projects.

Straightforward; we had people that caught on to using the product very easily and they helped others, along with ConnectWise University.

Pricing is fair.

I was not involved in this process.

What other advice do I have?

Spend time in the ConnectWise University

CEO at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
ConnectWise has changed the way our entire business works.

What is most valuable?

The flexibility in agreement billing has been really good - we have a lot of complex contracts with clients and ConnectWise has catered for almost all the ways we'd like to bill customers.

How has it helped my organization?

ConnectWise has changed the way our entire business works. We started with a "light" implementation using about 10% of the functionality, and we have since implemented more and more modules to improve different areas of the business.

What needs improvement?

better documentation and access to the back end database would be nice.

10 years.

Few

Reasonable.

Reasonable.

Yes, we used an in-house developed application. we switched due t the need tfor advanced functionality that ConnectWise had "out of the box"

What other advice do I have?

Basic implementation is easy, however if you want to use the advanced features, be prepared to invest significant ongoing time and effort in ensuring the behavior of your staff maps to the needs of the software.

it_user457950 - PeerSpot reviewer
Systems Administrator at a non-profit with 51-200 employees

Valuable Features

The service desk and configurations are the most valuable features.

Improvements to My Organization

We are able to use our ticket system to track any remediation of a device stored in our configurations. We entered our entire asset inventory into the configurations, and when we receive a ticket we attach the device from the configurations. Later on, if you want to see an audit trail for a particular device you just pull that configuration up and click the audit trail tab. You can also attach documents, emails, etc. to a ticket or configuration.

Room for Improvement

When viewing a ticket, I would like to see a filtered list on a sidebar of configurations assigned to the contact that created the ticket. Then I would like the ability to associate one of the devices in that filtered list to the active ticket.

Use of Solution

We've been using this for two years.

Our deployment took a week or so.

We had no issues with the performance.

It's been able to scale for our needs.

10/10

ConnectWise helped us with the deployment. They give you perhaps five hours of implementation support.

Implementation Team

It was a little complex. For example, figuring out what table in the setup tables contains the areas you would like to change is somewhat difficult.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

The price is reasonable, you pay $68 per user per month and have to have a minimum of two users. It is a cloud-based solution.

Other Solutions Considered

We didn't evaluate any other products. This product came highly recommended by other MSPs.

Other Advice

You need to pay particular attention to the setup tables. Also, ConnectWise has a university where you can take lots of courses that will help you learn ConnectWise, and some of that training is mandatory.

Download our free ConnectWise Manage Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: December 2022