We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

Compuware Strobe OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Compuware Strobe is #32 ranked solution in APM tools. PeerSpot users give Compuware Strobe an average rating of 8 out of 10. Compuware Strobe is most commonly compared to IBM Application Performance Analyzer for zOS: Compuware Strobe vs IBM Application Performance Analyzer for zOS. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 33% of all views.
What is Compuware Strobe?

Compuware Strobe is the industry-leading mainframe application performance management and analysis solution for mainframe applications. With Strobe, IT departments can pinpoint application inefficiencies that cause excessive CPU consumption, elongated elapsed times and reduce hardware and software costs while increasing customer satisfaction.

With Strobe, mainframe teams can:

• Locate and improve resource-consumptive database calls
  • Identify tuning opportunities to reduce monthly software licensing costs (MLC)
  • Resolve performance issues before they impact application service levels
  • Apply analytics to captured data to produce reports showing high-resource consumption and applications that need tuning
  • Measure activity of both online and batch-processing applications in single and multiple- system environments
  • Identify several I/O problems, including inefficient VSAM file buffering
  • Create and schedule automatic, reusable measurements
  • Automatically detect performance problems by using a rolling average of CPU consumption and elapsed-time metrics

Download the Application Performance Management (APM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

Compuware Strobe Customers

Chunghwa Telecom, Helvetia, Comerica Bank, Erste Group, Bank of Ireland, Southern Farm Bureau Casualty Insurance Company (SFBCIC)

Compuware Strobe Video

Compuware Strobe Reviews

IT Analyst at a tech vendor with 1,001-5,000 employees
Stable with a good database and a good interface
  • "The initial setup was fairly easy."
  • "There are certain aspects of the configuration that could be simplified a bit."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to deal with problems in the production environment.

What is most valuable?

For us, the database is the most useful feature.

The interface is great.

We don't find the pricing to be too bad.

The initial setup was fairly easy.

What needs improvement?

I'm not sure how to improve the solution. It currently has all of the features we need.

There are certain aspects of the configuration that could be simplified a bit.

I've been using the solution for 20 years. It's been two decades so far, so I've been dealing with it for quite a long time at this point.

The solution is stable. It's reliable and doesn't have any bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

The scalability is okay. We don't have too many people on it right now. It's only about five or six users at this point.

We plan to increase usage and add users in the future.

Technical support is very good. We mainly used manuals with the support being the Compuware site. It is very good. We're quite satisfied with their level of service.

We've always used Strobe. We haven't used a different solution.

The initial implementation is not complex. It's pretty straightforward. We didn't have any issues with integration, configuration, or onboarding.

Deployment takes about one day. It's not too long.

We did not need the help of an integrator, consultant, or reseller for the deployment. We handle it ourselves in-house.

I don't really handle the financial side of things. I'm not sure about what the cost of licensing is.

We did look at IBM. I'm not sure of the exact name of the product. Strobe is simpler to use compared to IBM.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have a business relationship with the company.

Overall, I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. It's a quality product.

Private Cloud