In terms of the primary use case, I have a contract with Fortune 500. I was hired to go in and to maintain their test evaluation network, the test development network and managing components of that. This is a DevOps operation, where they develop software drivers. And so the network monitoring tools that are separately used there are IT-based. The testing devices that I had to monitor and manage, were a combination of Cisco, Extreme, Aruba, and Mellanox. It was all a test development environment developing software that they were going to monetize to be able to sell to distributors and people who have incorporated their product into network devices.
CloudSphere is #14 ranked solution in top Cloud Migration tools and #29 ranked solution in top Cloud Management tools. PeerSpot users give CloudSphere an average rating of 9.0 out of 10. CloudSphere is most commonly compared to Microsoft Azure: CloudSphere vs Microsoft Azure. CloudSphere is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 63% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 36% of all views.
Download the Cloud Migration Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022
What is CloudSphere?
CloudSphere is an intelligent cloud management platform that enables organizations to plan, optimize, secure, and scale their cloud adoption. The platform has three solutions to help organizations manage dynamic, multi-cloud environments, including cloud migration planning, cloud cost management, and cloud security posture management. By using application intelligence (AI), the platform is able to discover and collect all of the data points that collectively define an application across on-premises, hybrid, and cloud environments. Because the solution is very scalable, it can accommodate companies of all sizes.
The CloudSphere solution is ideal for:
- Managed service providers
CloudSphere Product Highlights
- CloudSphere has a unique data science approach to hybrid and multi-cloud cyber asset management that offers the only solution to automate the discovery and creation of a top-down, application-level graphical view of your organization’s cyber assets.
- With its continuous application graphing, CloudSphere can save countless hours and provides the visibility to optimize your IT environment without triggering unforeseen business risks or disrupting other applications.
- The platform’s visualization capabilities accelerate cloud migration, transformation, and modernization initiatives with real-time insights and optimization recommendations.
- CloudSphere’s security posture monitoring minimizes cyber security exposure and reduces risk from misconfigurations.
- Automating compliance monitoring for corporate policies and key industry standards makes reporting extremely easy. The solution’s context-aware policy engine builds on the platform’s continuous visibility capabilities to display real-time compliance status and reports.
CloudSphere has many valuable key features. Some of the most useful ones include:
- Access controls/permissions
- Capacity analytics
- Cost management
- Demand monitoring
- Multi-cloud management
- Performance analysis
- Service level agreement (SLA) management
- Workflow approval
There are many benefits to implementing CloudSphere. Some of the biggest advantages the solution offers include:
- Reduce migration risk: With CloudSphere, you can migrate complex applications with agentless discovery of application interdependencies while optimizing for both cost and performance.
- Manage your budget more efficiently: CloudSphere generates reports and provides alerts for cloud spend by group, department, project, or individual so you can keep your organization’s budgets on track.
- Access controls: With CloudSphere’s visual maps, identity and access data is displayed to show who has access to key cloud resources.
- Minimize attacks: The solution helps your organization establish better security and minimize cloud attack surface and your exposure window by using customizable risk scoring, remediation recommendations, and integration with 3rd-party reporting tools.
- Ensure compliance: CloudSphere allows you to control cloud security risks and ensure compliance in complex hybrid and multi-cloud deployments with real-time visibility, continuous configuration monitoring, and user controlled auto remediation capabilities.
- Comprehensive end-to-end view of your applications: CloudSphere gives you a comprehensive end-to-end view of your applications, regardless of your apps’ complexity, in order to provide optimization and accuracy throughout the migration process.
- Policy-driven controls for cloud spending: The CloudSphere platform provides policy-driven controls for cloud spending along with visibility so you can properly budget for cloud usage and tie cloud infrastructure spending to business outcomes. The solution enables you to set and track budgets, configure alerts, allows users to take corrective action from trend reports, and helps you optimize cloud spending with continuous resource monitoring and rightsizing suggestions.
CloudSphere was previously known as HyperCloud.
Affymetrix, Bell Helicopter, Yavapai-Prescott Indian Tribe, Porterville Unified School District, Interact for Health, VirtueCom, Warren Memorial Hospital, Front Porch, RMH Group, Meyers Nave, Intraworks, Information Technology, ETTE, Clackamas Community College