The solution is used primarily for load balancing and content switching, but we also use it for VPN, SSL VPN, and ICA Proxy. One of the bigger use cases that comes up often is web application firewalling and security. There's a lot of growth in our clients' environments at the moment. There's also significant regulatory compliance required and we deploy ADC with multifactor authentication to have a layer of protection for our customer information. We are partners of Citrix and resellers of this solution.
Citrix NetScaler is the #3 ranked solution in top Application Delivery Controllers. PeerSpot users give Citrix NetScaler an average rating of 8.4 out of 10. Citrix NetScaler is most commonly compared to F5 BIG-IP Local Traffic Manager (LTM): Citrix NetScaler vs F5 BIG-IP Local Traffic Manager (LTM). Citrix NetScaler is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 63% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 18% of all views.
Citrix NetScaler OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication
Citrix NetScaler OverviewUNIXBusinessApplicationPrice:
Download the Application Delivery Controllers (ADC) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: March 2023
What is Citrix NetScaler?
Citrix NetScaler is an application delivery controller (ADC) and load-balancing solution for multi-cloud environments. Because its software and hardware form factors are all built on a single code base, Citrix NetScaler provides operational and feature consistency with comprehensive security for monolithic and microservices-based applications on-premises and in the cloud. The solution is designed to optimize, manage, and secure network traffic. Switching features, security and protection features, and network integration efficiency capabilities are all part of its feature set.
Citrix NetScaler Features
Citrix NetScaler has many valuable key features. Some of the most useful ones include:
- Citrix Gateway
- Secure Access
- Layer 7 content switching
- Database load balancing
- Triscale clustering
- E-based policy enforcement
- Surge protection and priority queuing
- Application acceleration
- Application security, including DoS attack defense, content rewriting and response control, SSL encryption, and more.
- Network Integration
Citrix NetScaler Benefits
There are many benefits to implementing Citrix NetScaler. Some of the biggest advantages the solution offers include:
- Improved Application Performance: Citrix NetScaler optimizes the delivery of applications, reducing latency and improving the user experience.
- Scalability: The solution can scale to handle large amounts of traffic, ensuring that applications are available even during periods of high demand.
- Advanced Security: Citrix NetScaler includes a range of security features, such as SSL offloading, to help secure applications and protect against threats.
- Availability: Load balancing and failover capabilities ensure that applications are always available, even in the event of a failure.
- Good user experience: The solution’s Global Server Load Balancing (GSLB) ensures that users are directed to the nearest available application, reducing latency and improving the user experience.
- Reduced costs: By improving application performance and reducing downtime, Citrix NetScaler can help organizations reduce costs associated with application delivery.
- Agility: Citrix NetScaler makes it easier for organizations to deploy and manage applications, helping to increase the speed and efficiency of IT operations.
- Analytics and monitoring: Provides insight into network and application performance, helping organizations to identify and resolve issues quickly.
Reviews from Real Users
Citrix NetScaler is a solution that stands out when compared to many of its competitors. Some of its major advantages are that it is easy to use, is robust, and has good load balancing.
A Senior Citrix Engineer at Troye, says, “The web application firewalling component is probably the most powerful feature as it can identify attacks on the network at an application level which is quite important. There is also good functionality where we use IP reputation and geofencing to mitigate threats from the outside world.”
“The feature that I have found most valuable is its load balancing,” explains a Security Consultant at a tech services company.
Timur G., Team Head of Network Security at DOM.RF, writes, “The most valuable feature of Citrix ADC is its ease of use.”
Another PeerSpot reviewer, Nirav S., Technical Solutions Architect at MindTree, mentions, "Compared to other solutions, Citrix ADC is much more robust in terms of the native integration to cloud platforms. It is far more robust from an operational point of view as well."
Citrix NetScaler was previously known as Citrix ADC, NetScaler, Citrix NetScaler VPX.
Citrix NetScaler Customers
ABB Schweiz, Aer Lingus, AIDS Healthcare Foundation, Amnet Technology Solutions, Aramex International, Ascenty, Atos, Autodesk
Citrix NetScaler Video
Citrix NetScaler Pricing Advice
What users are saying about Citrix NetScaler pricing:
Citrix NetScaler Reviews
Application Delivery Controllers (ADC)
Find out what your peers are saying about Citrix, F5, HAProxy and others in Application Delivery Controllers (ADC). Updated: March 2023.
687,256 professionals have used our research since 2012.