IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Cisco Network Assurance Engine OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the Network Modeling Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Cisco Network Assurance Engine?

Cisco Network Assurance Engine (NAE) transforms operations in data center networks to a fundamentally more proactive model. Built on Cisco’s patented network verification technology, it is the most comprehensive assurance engine that mathematically verifies the entire network for correctness, giving operators confidence that their network is always operating consistent with intent.

Cisco Network Assurance Engine was previously known as Cisco NAE, Candid.

Cisco Network Assurance Engine Customers

West Corporation, Axians Nordic, Robert Bosch, DICTU, Tenaris

Cisco Network Assurance Engine Video

Archived Cisco Network Assurance Engine Reviews (more than two years old)

General Manager at Crystal Networks
It is a product that you can scale upwards whenever you want
  • "It is scalable from the beginning. It is a product that you can scale upwards whenever you want."
  • "At the beginning, the setup was complex."

What is our primary use case?

We are trying to introduce this product to a lot of customers in Egypt by showing them the real value of the product. Based on this, they start to absorb the idea and the value comes from having such solution. Then, we integrate the solution with the rest of the portfolio that they have.

What is most valuable?

Any product that Cisco provides will give the user more visibility into their connectivity and network, thus protecting their environment.

What needs improvement?

We usually capture information from the customer, not from our system integrator. Why? Because the customer is using the tools and solution every day. They are facing all the problems every day. We give them the chance for a healthy discussion between the system integrator and the customer. We have this, but not all the system integrators are doing this. If we keep this door open, we will capture the feedback. We don't have this backdoor to Cisco. We give them the healthy feedback, not the complaints. The complaints are usually 80 percent of the information coming in with a lot of complexity and anger behind them. So, there is no real data or information that we can use. We are using other vendors as a complementary solutions. I hope that Cisco will think about doing a kind of acquisitions, e.g., CCTV. Because what they have right now is not good enough, and good enough will not work anymore. At the end of the day, I need an end-to-end solution, not a complimentary solution.

Stable is a nice term, but it's fully integrated with the Cisco portfolio. So, it is stable automatically. So, there is no problem with stability.
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Cisco, Fortinet, iBwave and others in Network Modeling. Updated: June 2022.
610,518 professionals have used our research since 2012.

At the beginning, the setup was complex. Once we did it once, it was easier. Any new technology is complex at the beginning.

We are the integrator and develop our own resources. Before even introducing any solution to the customer, we show them the return of investment of having that solution. We go through a lot of steps. So, at the beginning, we show them the real value. We show them the return on investment, then we ask them to start to test the labor of the solution by doing the PoC. Once they've tested the PoC, and it's good, they will be ready to have the solution by the end of the day in their network and environment. After that, once we have it up and running and fully implemented, we come back again to them, asking "Can you remember the showcase that we showed you at the beginning? We need to confirm the reason." Once it's confirmed, and the sign up is done, we give our blessing. Then, we use them as a use case in our events.

We are committed to Cisco by 90 percent and the other 10 percent is dedicated to complimentary solutions.
Network Engineer at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
It is easy to set up and the stability is okay

What is our primary use case?

I manage the team using this solution.

We use this solution for our clients.

The stability is okay. I have received good feedback regarding it.

The scalability is one of the biggest failures of the solution.

I don't have experience with technical support.

Our client makes this decision.

It is easy to set up.

We are the integrator. We install this solution for our clients who like the solution and their experience with it.

We are very focused on Cisco products as a partner.

June 2022
610,518 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Joacim Wicander - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Data Center Engineer at Conscia Netsafe
We were doing real-time analysis, and this solution prevented us from doing anything wrong. However, it should have TACACS+ and RADIUS authentications.
  • "In a short amount of time, you can see what went wrong on a screen in a report."
  • "It needs authentication beyond just local and LDAP. It should also have TACACS+ and RADIUS."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for validating the sign and the implementation of the network stuff in ACI.

It performs well. There are some issues, but it is getting there.

How has it helped my organization?

During some changeovers in the bridge domains, we were moving IP addresses from the old network into ACI. We were doing real-time analysis, and this solution prevented us from doing anything wrong.

What is most valuable?

The real-time analysis is its most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

Trial/evaluations only.

The stability is really good. I have never seen it crash.

I haven't tested the scalability yet.

The technical support is good.

This is a pack for customer. We needed it because they were fumbling around trying to figure out what they did wrong. With Network Assurance, they can (in a short amount of time) show what went wrong on a screen in a report.

The initial setup is easy and straightforward. Just follow the instructions and you can't go wrong.

I am the consultant for the deployment.

The customer hasn't bought it yet. It is running as a PoC.

We only considered Cisco.

What other advice do I have?

Try Cisco Network Assurance Engine out, as it is really good. It's much better than you think.

Download our free Network Modeling Report and find out what your peers are saying about Cisco, Fortinet, iBwave, and more!
Updated: June 2022