Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

CA Endevor Software Change Manager OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

CA Endevor Software Change Manager is #2 ranked solution in top Software Configuration Management tools. PeerSpot users give CA Endevor Software Change Manager an average rating of 9.6 out of 10. CA Endevor Software Change Manager is most commonly compared to BMC Compuware ISPW: CA Endevor Software Change Manager vs BMC Compuware ISPW. CA Endevor Software Change Manager is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 79% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 22% of all views.

Download the Software Configuration Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is CA Endevor Software Change Manager?
CA Endevor Software Change Manager (CA Endevor SCM) is the most widely used change management software for the mainframe environment. It can automate your entire development process, adapting to your specific business requirements and helping ensure consistency and complete control. Integration with IBM Rational Developer for System z can improve productivity, accelerate time-to-delivery and ensure the auditability of all programmer activities. Eclipse-ready, CA Endevor SCM helps shorten the learning curve for application developers. It provides your team with business-driven, customizable lifecycle paths and automated version control to protect your software assets and help maintain application integrity.

CA Endevor Software Change Manager was previously known as Endevor Software Change Manager, CA Software Change Manager for Mainframe, CA Endevor SCM.

CA Endevor Software Change Manager Customers
Blue Hill Data Services Inc.
CA Endevor Software Change Manager Video

CA Endevor Software Change Manager Reviews

Analyst & Developer at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Stable, easy to use, effective for source code management in a mainframe environment

What is our primary use case?

We used Endevor for our source code management tool. We also use it for coordinating our testing that includes unit tests and system tests.

We have an on-premises mainframe environment. All of our storage is local.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are stability and ease of use.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have better integration with other products.

It's impossible to work in parallel mode with the source. For example, we have one check for many banks and you can't change the parallel source for different projects.

We have been using CA Endevor Software Change Manager for about 20 years.

Software Configuration Management
September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, BMC, Micro Focus and others in Software Configuration Management. Updated: September 2022.
632,779 professionals have used our research since 2012.

This is a stable solution and I haven't had any problem using it.

We have approximately 300 users in the organization.

I do not have any experience with technical support. I have had no problems with it.

We will be finishing with Endevor this year.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, I think that Endeavor is a good product and I recommend it.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

System Programmer
Leaderboard
Useful management tools, detailed information, and helpful support

What is our primary use case?

We use CA Endevor Software Change Manager in order to control the lifecycle of the applications for mainframes.

What is most valuable?

The management and information CA Endevor Software Change Manager provides is very useful

What needs improvement?

There should be better integration between CA Endevor Software Change Manager and Zowe.

I have been using CA Endevor Software Change Manager for approximately 20 years.

CA Endevor Software Change Manager is stable.

The technical support from CA Endevor Software Change Manager is helpful.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate CA Endevor Software Change Manager a ten out of ten.

Download our free Software Configuration Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, BMC, Micro Focus, and more!
Updated: September 2022