Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Bitbar OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Bitbar is #2 ranked solution in top Mobile App Platforms and #27 ranked solution in top Functional Testing Tools. PeerSpot users give Bitbar an average rating of 7.0 out of 10. Bitbar is most commonly compared to BrowserStack: Bitbar vs BrowserStack. Bitbar is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 66% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 25% of all views.
What is Bitbar?
Testdroid is a set of mobile software development and testing products by Bitbar Technologies Limited. Testdroid comprises three different products: Testdroid Cloud, Testdroid Recorder and Testdroid Enterprise. Testdroid provides an application programming interface through open source software available on GitHub. Testdroid can use testing frameworks, such as Robotium, Appium and uiautomator for native and Selenium for web applications, targeted for mobile application and game developers. Testdroid Cloud contains real Android and iOS powered devices, some of which are available for users. Testdroid Cloud lets users run tests simultaneously on cloud-based service. Testdroid Recorder is a tool for developers and testers for recording user-actions and producing JUnit based test cases on mobile application and games. Testdroid Recorder is available at the Eclipse marketplace. Testdroid Enterprise is a server software for managing automated testing on multiple real Android and iOS powered devices, supporting Gradle build system and Jenkins Continuous Integration.

Bitbar was previously known as Testdroid.

Bitbar Customers
Rovio, Paf, Supercell, NITRO Games, Seriously, AVG, Google, Bosch, Yahoo, Microsoft, Yandex, Mozilla, eBay, PayPal, TESCO, Cisco WebEx, Facebook, LinkedIn, skype, Subway
Bitbar Video

Archived Bitbar Reviews (more than two years old)

Senior Automation Engineer at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
Has the ability to use different frameworks for testing although it is lacking in capability options
  • "Ability to use different frameworks."
  • "Lacking capability options that can be directly integrated."

What is our primary use case?

We're using the enterprise statement plan which is provided and sponsored by our company. Our primary use case is for testing the application on different mobile devices and different versions using the APM script in our test cases.

For now, we're not using the product on a daily basis but we have plans to expand usage.

What is most valuable?

The feature that I like the most is that you can use different frameworks, whether it's APM or something else, and you don't need to worry about the framework.

What needs improvement?

Improvement of the product could be made by running the dashboard part, it gets stuck sometimes.

Additional features I'd like to see would be the provision of more things with support. I'd like to see more capability options that we can directly integrate with our scripts.

I've been using the product for one year.

Yes, it's stable. I've been using it without problems, although it does work better on private cloud.

The product is scalable, it just depends on the product plan you're using.

The customer service has a common chat group that is quite active. If you create tickets they get resolved within two or three days for complex issues. If it's something simple they'll help straight away. It's pretty good.

Setup depends on how you are using the product. In our case, it was quite simple. We did it ourselves and it didn't take much time, maybe a day. We used one person per team for setup, usually an engineer or developer.

For each team, we had one person to assist with deployment. We have multiple teams so each team had someone dealing with setup. We now have two people working in the company who deal with the maintenance of the solution.

We looked at other options but we didn't need a web application so we went with something on the public cloud which is quite easy compared to other solutions. We were looking more into the mobile side of the product.

What other advice do I have?

If a company is only interested in the mobile side, then I would recommend the product. But if they are looking for a browser and mobile board then they should go for other options like BrowserStack. We were focused only on the mobile side, so we chose this product.

If I was talking about hybrid cloud I would rate the product a seven out of 10. But as I'm talking about public then I would rate it a six out of 10.

Hybrid Cloud

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Muhammad Waleed - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer at a computer software company with 501-1,000 employees

What is most valuable?

It's good that Testdroid are providing more devices to end users so that one who doesn't have a device can use it on the cloud. It's helped me when I've been short of devices and want to test whether the application will work on a specific device or not.

How has it helped my organization?

Device fragmentation was good enough for me. This helped me at a critical time when there was no device available and my product manager needed the result as soon as possible. Due to this feature, it saved me time and money.

What needs improvement?

Some stages of its automation is not working correctly and I need to make changes in the code created by Testdroid. I have faced some problems in automation when recording scripts/test-cases.

I've used it for almost one year or more.

I've had no issues with deployment.

I faced one problem when I was recording the script using Testdroid Recorder where it allowed me only 30 steps, but in previous version it allowed unlimited test steps. The problem was eventually fixed later, thanks to Meirav Minitzer.

I've had no issues with scalability.

I guess 8.5 would be good enough for customer service. Meirav Minitzer help me so much and she is available when ever I ping her, and she helps me accordingly.

Previously, we were using Appthwack, but that required some dependency on a third party application. For example, if you don't have any automation scripts you can't use Appthwack for device fragmentation.

For me it was not difficult.

I did the implementation on my own, and no vendor team was included. Many companies have different ways to use the product, therefore I must say don't implement any product until you use the trial version.

The recorder is free. The enterprise price is $99 per device, with a minimum of 15 devices with a 12 month subscription, excluding hardware. In a 15 device set-up, you might need to add one USB hub and two MacMini's. Usually the MacMini is around $1500.

What other advice do I have?

The overall product is awesome for device fragmentation, but not for automation. They may have fixed that problem. Before implementing this product you should use the trial version, and if this product is at your level, then don't wait and implement it.