Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Aras Innovator OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Aras Innovator is #3 ranked solution in top PLM Tools. PeerSpot users give Aras Innovator an average rating of 7.0 out of 10. Aras Innovator is most commonly compared to Oracle Agile PLM: Aras Innovator vs Oracle Agile PLM. Aras Innovator is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 52% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 21% of all views.
What is Aras Innovator?
Aras Enterprise Open Source PLM software supports BOM, Document, Change management, workflow, CAD, Dashboards and BI.
Aras Innovator Customers
MEGA Brands, Spartan
Aras Innovator Video

Aras Innovator Reviews

Kapil Raikar - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Manager – Development, PD, Data Virtulization at a computer software company with 501-1,000 employees
Strong ability to customize, but require improvements to their BOM configuration
  • "I love that Aras has a utility or tool that you can use online to extend Aras."
  • "Aras would also benefit from better integration with other systems."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of Aras Innovator is to integrate the part that is in Aras with the part that is in any ERP or PLM system. For example, say the engineering part exists in Aras and the corresponding physical part exists in ERP. What we do is integrate these two parts together and create a report out of it.

In another case, BOM exists in Aras, which is in the PLM system and the cost of the parts exists in the ERP, so we help users find the costed BOM of this PLM software.

We do a lot of integration with cross applications.

Aras is a PLM software. If our client wants to move it to MES or manufacturing such as Opcenter to Solumina, we help them move this part to that MES system.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of Aras Innovator is the ability to customize. Most of our customers don't have the out-of-the-box model, they add their own object or attribute. Customizing is straightforward.

I work on the technical side, so I love that Aras has a utility or tool that you can use online to extend Aras.

What needs improvement?

In the next release, I would like to see improvements to their BOM configuration.

Aras would also benefit from better integration with other systems. The solution also needs better capabilities of the features it has. I am looking for it to have modeling, project planning, and MES capabilities as well as a built-in CAD tool.

I have been using Aras Innovator for three years.

Aras Innovator is a stable product.

So far, Aras Innovator appears to be scalable, however, we have not tested it with a large volume of data yet.

I have not had to raise any concerns with customer service and support, but I have gone through their knowledge website. It looks good.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

The initial setup of Aras Innovator is straightforward. The documentation is very good.

Overall, I would rate the initial setup of Aras a four point five out of five.

We have a license with Aras Innovator.

Our organization also uses Teamcenter. When looking at the bill BOM configuration, the options Teamcenter PLM supports are better than Aras. Teamcenter PLM is a very large application. It is unifying other applications together, making it a suite of applications, whereas Aras only is focused on PLM. Even that, the PLM is richer in Teamcenter than Aras.

All of Teamcenter, Nex, Creo, SOLIDWORKS, ENOVIA and Windchill have their own built-in CAD tool, while Aras does not.

Compared to other PLM software, I think Aras' documentation is very good.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, I would rate Aras Innovator a seven out of 10.