Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Amazon Transcribe OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Amazon Transcribe is #1 ranked solution in top Speech-To-Text Services. PeerSpot users give Amazon Transcribe an average rating of 7.6 out of 10. Amazon Transcribe is most commonly compared to Microsoft Azure Speech Service: Amazon Transcribe vs Microsoft Azure Speech Service. Amazon Transcribe is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 70% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 20% of all views.
What is Amazon Transcribe?

Amazon Transcribe makes it easy for developers to add speech-to-text capability to their applications. Audio data is virtually impossible for computers to search and analyze. Therefore, recorded speech needs to be converted to text before it can be used in applications. Historically, customers had to work with transcription providers that required them to sign expensive contracts and were hard to integrate into their technology stacks to accomplish this task. Many of these providers use outdated technology that does not adapt well to different scenarios, like low-fidelity phone audio common in contact centers, which results in poor accuracy.

Amazon Transcribe uses a deep learning process called automatic speech recognition (ASR) to convert speech to text quickly and accurately. Amazon Transcribe can be used to transcribe customer service calls, to automate closed captioning and subtitling, and to generate metadata for media assets to create a fully searchable archive. You can use Amazon Transcribe Medical to add medical speech to text capabilities to clinical documentation applications.

Amazon Transcribe Customers
Echo360, VidMob, RingDNA, Isentia
Amazon Transcribe Video

Amazon Transcribe Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Amazon Transcribe pricing:
"I think the price on the standard is better for Amazon Transcribe than it is for Amazon Polly."

Amazon Transcribe Reviews

Karthikeyan Sivasamy - PeerSpot reviewer
Architect at a tech company with 201-500 employees
A easy initial setup with good dashboards and good documentation
  • "We don't run into any issues with bugs or glitches."
  • "The UX and UI could be improved on the AWS console."

What is our primary use case?

Lately, I've been using AWS Transcribe for transcriptions. I do have some videos that are a client requirement that convert meetings and videos into audio so that audio can be used as an input factor of the transcript can get transcribed.

What is most valuable?

AWS Transcribe is the most useful feature for us right now. It allows us to easily transcribe meetings and videos.

Overall, the solution has been very useful.

We don't run into any issues with bugs or glitches.

The customization is good.

We haven't had any security issues.

The solution offers very nice dashboards.

The initial setup is very easy. They offer good documentation, which helps the process along.

What needs improvement?

Currently, I can't think of any features that are lacking. It does everything we need it to right now.

The UX and UI could be improved on the AWS console.

I've been using the solution for quite a long time. I started with it three years ago, now I think it's been more than two or three years at this point.

The solution is quite stable. I haven't had issues with bugs or glitches. It seems to be reliable.

I pretty much just use the solution for my own personal learning only. I'm currently working on ten projects. There is also a client that I'm working with. They will be buying their own AWS console and they'll be using it. I might just scale them out with it.

Therefore, I haven't tried scaling yet. I may be trying to scale in a month or so.

I do plan to increase usage and take on more projects in the future.

I really haven't dealt too much with technical support. Mostly, I've been able to use their existing documentation to get the help I need if I run into any issues.

The initial setup is not complex. We found the implementation to be very straightforward and simple.

The product has very good documentation which I was able to access. It's on AWS and it helps us with aspects of the setup and troubleshooting.

The solution requires very little maintenance.

I handled the implementation myself. I didn't need the assistance of a reseller or consultant.

I looked into various cloud services, and I found the pricing to be all pretty much the same AWS is pretty standard industry pricing.

I did look at Googe and Azure before ultimately choosing AWS which seemed to fit my requirements a bit better.

What other advice do I have?

I'm an AWS partner.

I'm using the latest version of the solution at this time.

I just come to our AWS console and I can look for new releases. I do some quick demo's and I try to understand what the releases are all about. I might keep findings for two or three months.

I'd recommend the solution to others. Their technology is top-notch.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. Although when I first started using it, I wasn't the biggest fan, I've found it's met all of my requirements nicely.

Owner at a non-profit with 1-10 employees
Can fix errors in the transcript but needs better instructions on adjustments when used for accessibility
  • "Amazon Transcribe helps me not to fall behind in a meeting and not know what's going on. Even if I do, I have the transcript at the end to help me figure out what was said during the meeting."
  • "I would love to see Amazon Transcribe have its own section or its own page about how to make adjustments if you're using it for accessibility."

What is our primary use case?

I am looking at different solutions for accessibility.

What is most valuable?

Amazon Transcribe helps me not to fall behind in a meeting and not know what's going on. Also, I have the transcript at the end to help me figure out what was said during the meeting.

I definitely like the ability to fix the things that are wrong in the transcript. I think it does allow you to put in words that you use all the time, to create your own lexicon, so that it doesn't keep putting the wrong word in every single time.

What needs improvement?

There's such a huge hole that's missing for people with disabilities, for example, for people who just cannot see or cannot hear at all. They're not just cognitively impaired. I would love to see Amazon Transcribe have its own section or its own page about how to make adjustments if you're using it for accessibility.

It would be great to have closed captions that are in real-time.

I've only been using it just as it is on AWS, and it has been stable in this context.

I'm still trying to decide which one to go with, but I also tested Amazon Polly. I think the price on the standard is better for Amazon Transcribe than it is for Amazon Polly.

What other advice do I have?

With my limited experience, I would rate it at seven on a scale from one to ten.