IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

ADOIT OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

ADOIT is #11 ranked solution in top Architecture Management tools. PeerSpot users give ADOIT an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. ADOIT is most commonly compared to Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect: ADOIT vs Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect. ADOIT is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 62% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 19% of all views.

Download the Architecture Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is ADOIT?

ADOIT Enterprise Architecture suite is users' best-rated tool for deriving data-driven insights and architecture analysis, trusted by SMEs and large corporations worldwide. ADOIT helps you to take smart and fast decisions, manage digital portfolios, discover cross-functional dependencies and drive growth. ADOIT is intuitive, powerful, and flexible. It is the ultimate way to do EA. You can start building your outcome-driven EA initiative already today, as the cloud-based ADOIT:Community Edition is available for free. For more information please visit: www.boc-group.com/en/adoit

ADOIT Customers

Trusted by small to large enterprises worldwide: Volksbank Vienna, Austrian Ministry of Finance, Hilti

ADOIT Video

ADOIT Reviews

Solution Architect at a pharma/biotech company with 10,001+ employees
A good tool that's great for modelling and building heat maps
  • "It helps me to model the architecture at an enterprise level."
  • "We need to understand how the data could be segregated."

What is our primary use case?

I use ADOIT as one of the enterprise architecture tools for modeling.

We use it for our ArchiMate specific modeling for language for enterprise architecture. For example, ArchiMate is a type of language. I use it for modeling the entire BDAT, business data application technology layers, for my enterprise architecture and it's a very good tool that really helps me to build all these layers.

Starting on the business probability roadmaps, it helps me to model the entire application layer. It helps me to model the data layer and even the technology layer I can model, and there is a standard set of represented models.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps me to model the architecture at an enterprise level. That's where the tool is pretty helpful.

What is most valuable?

I can also build the heat maps and current metrics out of this tool. It's an awesome tool, to be honest, and it assists me in segregating the objects and digital alignment with the enterprise master data management teams. It's a very good tool.

It's a really good modeling tool.

If you want to build the architecture using to graph ArchiMate language, this is the best tool I've seen at least.

What needs improvement?

During the first 18 months, for at least three months, we tried to get some training. We started working on the modeling part and we are still evolving in this tool. There are a few recommendations that have been put to the vendor, and we've gotten some answers and the team is evolving the tool in this space.

I don't have anything to complain about right now, although there are a few things that we are discussing with the team who is connecting with the vendor to get that resolved.

Specifically, we need to understand how the data could be segregated. We need to know how the enterprise-level metadata and master data could be managed in this tool. There are multiple open questions.

Architecture Management
July 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about BOC Group, Sparx Systems, LeanIX and others in Architecture Management. Updated: July 2022.
621,327 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I've been working with the solution for at least a couple of years now. It's likely nearly 18 months or longer at this point.

It's pretty much a web-based solution for modeling purposes. The stability, as far as my understanding, is good. I've never faced any specific issues, at least in my mode of working. However, people, at some point in time, believe that this tool, being a part of the web client, requires continuously saving the data. Sometimes if you forget and start working and you spend some time modeling, and all of a sudden you, unfortunately, close the browser, et cetera, there is a chance that your data is lost or your part of the modeling, whatever you have done, is gone.

That said, I've never faced that issue. I'm compliant and I continuously save my work. Other than that, I don't think I've seen any issues in this tool, as we just started using it 18 months ago, which is not a very long time. We have to see each and every part of the tool first. We need a bit longer with it.

There are multiple people who are working as we are end-users. It's an enterprise-level tool.

I don't personally deal with technical support. That said, technically we do have third-party support for this particular tool, however, there's a different team who deals with it.

I'm not pretty much involved in the installation process. I'm the end-user for this particular tool. I try to model architecture diagrams using the ADOIT tool.

I'm not sure how many people are needed for maintenance.

I'm not sure if the company used outside or in-house teams for deployment.

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers and end-users.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

This particular product would be really helpful to model the architecture at an enterprise level. When we talk about building architecture, we try to visualize specific domains of the architecture, like business applications, technology, and data. This particular tool will help to visualize all layers, in the context of what we are trying to build. That's pretty much the beauty of the tool and this is really helpful for any.

It follows the ArchiMate principle - including the ArchiMate modeling, the language principles. That gives us the entire visibility of the overall architecture that we are trying to build. If we want to drill down at a business accountability level, we can do it at a business application level. We can do it at which particular application is using what specific data. It's a very transparent tool and we can also build data flows in it when it comes to the data layer. It's a very helpful tool when it comes to enterprise architecture.