Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

VMware Carbon Black App Control OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

VMware Carbon Black App Control is #2 ranked solution in top Application Control tools. PeerSpot users give VMware Carbon Black App Control an average rating of 10.0 out of 10. VMware Carbon Black App Control is most commonly compared to McAfee Application Control: VMware Carbon Black App Control vs McAfee Application Control. VMware Carbon Black App Control is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 65% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 22% of all views.
VMware Carbon Black App Control Buyer's Guide

Download the VMware Carbon Black App Control Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is VMware Carbon Black App Control?

Carbon Black is a leading provider of next-generation endpoint security. Carbon Black serves more than 3,700 customers globally, including 33 of the Fortune 100. As a cybersecurity innovator, Carbon Black has a strong heritage of innovative technology leadership in multiple endpoint security categories, including application control, endpoint detection and response (EDR), and next-generation antivirus (NGAV). Leveraging its big data and analytics cloud platform - the Cb Predictive Security Cloud - Carbon Black solutions enable customers to defend against the most advanced cyber threats, including malware, ransomware, and non-malware attacks. Deployed via the cloud, on premise, or as a managed service, customers use Carbon Black solutions to lock down critical systems, hunt threats, and replace legacy antivirus.

VMware Carbon Black App Control was previously known as CB Protection, Carbon Black CB Protection.

VMware Carbon Black App Control Customers
Kaas Tailored, Core-Mark, Indeed, Hologic, Landmark Credit Union, Project Worldwide
VMware Carbon Black App Control Video

VMware Carbon Black App Control Pricing Advice

What users are saying about VMware Carbon Black App Control pricing:
"Its price is reasonable and what is expected for these types of products."

VMware Carbon Black App Control Reviews

Chief Information Officer at a manufacturing company with 1-10 employees
Very stable, reasonable price, works well, and provides good visibility and reporting
  • "The visibility, reporting, and the ability to stop or prevent malicious or undesired applications from being installed are the most valuable features."
  • "Its setup is very complex, and it requires guidance from the support team, but it is well worth the effort."

What is our primary use case?

It is like a host-based intrusion detection system. It disallows or stops you from installing undesired applications. Irrespective of whether they are malicious or not, it stops these applications from being installed by the end-users and other applications or processes that might try to install them.

How has it helped my organization?

It allows us to have visibility into what's going on with the machines. You can actually look and see what has been installed, when it was installed, and which process installed it. It is really handy when it comes to that.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

Its setup is very complex, and it requires guidance from the support team, but it is well worth the effort.

Check Point Application Control vs. VMware Carbon Black App Control
September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Check Point Application Control vs. VMware Carbon Black App Control and other solutions. Updated: September 2022.
635,987 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been using this solution since 2005.

It is very stable.

We are small potatoes. We only have around 200 machines. We are actually in the middle of a review with it, which we are doing for the first time since we installed it. We're having the original guy who helped us through the implementation, which is rare these days because people usually don't stick around or you wouldn't get them back. He is an excellent security guy who works for VMware, and he told me of a 30,000 plus installation that he has done with 30,000 devices, machines, and servers, which is pretty big.

They are good. I would put them at about a nine out of ten. Their response time could be better, which seems to be a problem with everybody right now, and a lot of it is probably due to COVID.

We didn't use any solution in this space.

Its initial setup is very complex. We got help from their implementation team because if it is not set up properly, you can really hinder the operation of your environment and things won't execute or run. You really have to watch setting it up.

Their implementation team was fantastic in helping with it.

Its price is reasonable and what is expected for these types of products.

What other advice do I have?

It is well worth the effort. It does take some time and effort to set it up with guidance from their support team. They help you, which is very nice.

I would rate VMware Carbon Black App Control a ten out of ten.

Kostia Tkachov - PeerSpot reviewer
IT Security Solutions Engineer at Softprom
Good API integration and technical support

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution to put our servers in lockdown.

What is most valuable?

Carbon Black AppControl can protect any endpoint, and also on an EOL system. The solution allows only approved applications to be executed on the system.

The Open API allows us to freely combine different security systems into a single group and save time when responding to security incidents.

What needs improvement?

The initial setup is somewhat complex.

We have been dealing with VMware Carbon Black App Control for one year. During this time we have already made sure that this is the best solution to protect our user machines and servers.

Technical support is good.

I would rate them a ten out of ten.

The initial setup seemed a bit complicated to me.

It was a while back, and I may have taken a day or two to deploy it.

We need one engineer to maintain this product.

What other advice do I have?

Carbon Black is a good product and one that I can recommend.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

Check Point Application Control vs. VMware Carbon Black App Control
September 2022
635,987 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Consultor de Soluções at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
All features within this solution are valuable

What is our primary use case?

Currently, I am changing from Voltage Enterprise EE standards. This is futuristic.

What is most valuable?

All the functions within VMware Carbon Black App Control are valuable.

What needs improvement?

Carbon Black does not use the database for identifying the file, the fields, or malware. It's not using the database, but the user behavior.

I have been using VMware Carbon Black App Control for three years.

The implementation is very simple. For clients with up to 5000 users, it takes approximately 32 hours to implement.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.