We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

Veritas Access Appliance OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Veritas Access Appliance is #17 ranked solution in top Software Defined Storage (SDS) tools. PeerSpot users give Veritas Access Appliance an average rating of 8 out of 10. Veritas Access Appliance is most commonly compared to Red Hat Ceph Storage: Veritas Access Appliance vs Red Hat Ceph Storage. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 40% of all views.
What is Veritas Access Appliance?

The Veritas Access Appliance enables a turnkey deployment of Veritas’ software-defined Access scale-out network attached storage - a storage solution optimized for unstructured data use cases. The appliance is cost-optimized and tuned for high-capacity workloads like long-term retention (LTR), tape replacement and backup archiving.

Veritas Access Appliance was previously known as Access 3340 Appliance, Veritas Access 3340 Appliance.

Download the Software Defined Storage (SDS) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

Veritas Access Appliance Video

Veritas Access Appliance Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Veritas Access Appliance pricing:
"The solution is not expensive compared to other storage solutions."

Veritas Access Appliance Reviews

It Consultant at a financial services firm with 51-200 employees
Overall functions well, stable, but technical support could improve
  • "Overall the solution works well."
  • "The Veritas support for Access Appliance could improve. They are a pioneer in the industry, and they provide an enterprise-level solution. However, when comparing the storage, they can't compete with the NetBackup solution."

What is our primary use case?

Veritas Access Appliance is doing everything for us, such as system recovery, backup, and cloud data protection.

Veritas Access Appliance is low-level storage. When you compare it to other solutions it's the best storage for the archiving on-site data which you want to use for long-term retention.

How has it helped my organization?

IT is the best source for long-term retention data. If you will use it in the replacement of tape, it will give more comfort especially for data recovery

What is most valuable?

Overall the solution works well.

What needs improvement?

Veritas Access Appliance is low-level storage, but they can improve it for the Net 13.

Veritas Access Appliance can improve in how it can be expanded. For example, if someone wants to expand it, they need to make it very user-friendly to enable the end-customer to use it easily.

I used Veritas Access Appliance within 12 months.

Veritas Access Appliance is stable.

I have found Veritas Access Appliance scaleable.

The technical support could improve.

Veritas Access Appliance installation is user-friendly. You need network team cooperation for the setup of the cluster configuration.

The Veritas Access Appliance initial configuration process is broken into two phases. The first phase requires that you perform each configuration step on each individual node. You should have two terminal windows open during the first phase, each logged into one of the nodes.

During the second phase of the initial configuration, you should only perform the steps on one of the nodes. When you start the second phase of the initial configuration, close one of the terminal windows and continue doing the steps on only one of the nodes. When you initiate the cluster configuration, the settings that you configured on the current node are copied over to the second node in a one-time synchronization event.

The solution is not expensive compared to other storage solutions.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Veritas Access Appliance a seven out of ten.

Other
Lead Administrator at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Technical support is good and the program is scalable

What is our primary use case?

It is a very good tool, because of the fact that you can use the enterprise edition on your premise as your server. It can usually support both.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is its scalability.

What needs improvement?

The program was very complex before, but they've simplified it. Now, as a web GUI, they should add more features to improve the program.

I have been using Veritas Access Appliance for seven, eight years now. We offer this solution to our customers.

It is a very stable program.

The technical support is good and their response time is really fast. …

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is its scalability.

What needs improvement?

It is a very stable program.

The technical support is good and their response time is really fast.

The initial setup was very straightforward. Deployment took us about two or three days.

What other advice do I have?

It is a very good program and I will recommend it to others. On a scale from one to 10, I will rate it an eight. It currently only supports five of the cloud platforms. I would like to see more platforms added.