Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Salesforce Community Cloud OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is Salesforce Community Cloud?
Salesforce Community Cloud, a social platform, that connects and collaborate with customers, partners, and employees. Build a community for everyone critical to your business ecosystem, from agencies, vendors, and suppliers, to patients, job applicants, and even retail locations. Community Cloud employs Salesforce's Chatter social CRM platform for chat and screensharing, allowing users to exchange data and images in real time throughout an ongoing conversation. The platform supports customer relationship management (CRM) and provides channels for customers to find information and communicate with other customers. The console also includes a "Buy" button to enable e-commerce.
Salesforce Community Cloud Customers
Brown-Forman, GE Aviation, Pernod Ricard, Toyota, Virgin America, GE, IAVA
Salesforce Community Cloud Video

Salesforce Community Cloud Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Salesforce Community Cloud pricing:
"Pricing for Salesforce CRM is extremely expensive."

Salesforce Community Cloud Reviews

Abhishek-Mehta - PeerSpot reviewer
Associate Vice President at Onnivation
Reseller
Shows where every sales employee stands, what the pipeline is and how healthy it is, but lacks an auto-population feature
  • "What I found most valuable in Salesforce CRM is its reporting feature because it's extensive and it's very accurate. I also like that you can move opportunities by stages. I find that feature very important and very useful because it helps you understand where opportunities get stuck, and at what stage it is currently."
  • "An area for improvement in Salesforce CRM is that there's still a lot of manual input you need to make. If it could pick up things automatically from an email and auto-populate, that would make the tool better. Another area for improvement is that the Salesforce CRM connector for G-suite does not work effectively."

What is our primary use case?

In our organization, Salesforce CRM is being used for service forecasting and sales forecasting. It's also being used extensively for lead generation and contact generation. It's also being used for a lot of reporting, for example: to understand the stage of the latest opportunity, where the stock is, and what we can do to close it.

Currently, twenty people are using Salesforce CRM within the organization.

What is most valuable?

What I found most valuable in Salesforce CRM is its reporting feature because it's extensive and it's very accurate. I also like that you can move opportunities by stages. I find that feature very important and very useful because it helps you understand where opportunities get stuck, and at what stage it is currently. It gives you a very good bird's eye view of how opportunities are coming on. Salesforce CRM also has very good integration with Slack which we use for messaging, so it integrates communication.

What needs improvement?

An area for improvement in Salesforce CRM is that there's still a lot of manual input you need to make. If it could pick up things automatically from an email and auto-populate, that would make the tool better. Another area for improvement is that the Salesforce CRM connector for G-suite does not work effectively. These are also the additional features I would like to see in the next release of Salesforce CRM.

I've used Salesforce CRM in various organizations. In this organization, I've been using it for the past 18 months, but apart from that, I've used it in my previous organization, so give or take five years of using the solution.

Salesforce CRM is an extremely stable tool.

Salesforce CRM is scalable. You can scale it from ten members to one hundred members with ease. It does not require a lot to scale up.

The support for Salesforce CRM was not very prompt. It took us a lot of time to receive support. I'm giving their support two out of five, with one being bad and five being excellent.

We chose Salesforce CRM over other solutions because it's the most widely known CRM solution. It also has very good integration with Slack. We use Slack as a messenger, so that helps us integrate communication. When you look at CRM solutions, the first name that comes on is Salesforce CRM. We had an ex-Salesforce employee who used to work with us, so that's also another reason why we championed this initiative.

Salesforce CRM was straightforward to set up. Deployment only took one day.

We pay the license annually for Salesforce CRM. Pricing is extremely expensive. I'm not aware of any hidden costs besides the cost of the license.

What other advice do I have?

In the last twelve months, there are two primary technologies I work extensively with. I've used Salesforce CRM and other similar technology.

I'm not aware which version of Salesforce CRM I'm using, because I'm just a user, not the buyer. It's deployed on the public cloud, via Salesforce.

Salesforce as a CRM tool becomes the source of truth in terms of what the standing of every sales employee is in the organization, what the pipeline is and how healthy it is, and what needs to be done to add to that pipeline.

My advice to people looking into using Salesforce CRM is to understand their requirements and see why they need such an expensive tool. Data is very important in an organization, but then there are alternatives such as Zoho CRM and other CRMs available in the market. Understand how important it is that they want to work with data. If they have a vision of scaling the organization to a very large number, then Salesforce CRM makes sense. If they don't have more than two hundred or three hundred people in sales, Salesforce CRM is probably not the best solution because it will not give the best value for money. They can look at other options that can give better value for money. If they're part of large organizations beyond three hundred, then Salesforce CRM is a must-have.

I'm giving Salesforce CRM a rating of seven. It's a great solution, and it's very user-friendly and has great reporting. However, the pricing is expensive and there could be better population features, for example, auto-population, with less manual activity.

Other