Quest On Demand Migration OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Quest On Demand Migration is the #1 ranked solution in top Migration Tools. PeerSpot users give Quest On Demand Migration an average rating of 9.0 out of 10. Quest On Demand Migration is most commonly compared to BitTitan MigrationWiz: Quest On Demand Migration vs BitTitan MigrationWiz. Quest On Demand Migration is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 59% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 20% of all views.
Quest On Demand Migration Buyer's Guide

Download the Quest On Demand Migration Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Quest On Demand Migration?

Quest On Demand Migration is a complete Office 365 migration solution that allows users to migrate all of their workloads and Active Directory quickly and securely. On Demand Migration provides the ability to migrate all Office 365 running solutions, like OneDrive, Exchange, Teams SharePoint, and on-premises Active Directory. As a result, users can now streamline Active Directory domain consolidation and migration in the cloud. In addition, direct synchronization supports the ability to maintain migrated and un-migrated users, applications, and devices in sync during a migration.

Quest On Demand Migration offers the ability to track progress in real time and an intuitive dashboard allowing for complete visibility into a migration project. On Demand Migration is an excellent solution for companies in the beginning or midst of a merger and acquisition, as well as organizations looking to consolidate multiple tenants within their organization. The solution simplifies daily tenant-to-tenant migrations while allowing users to communicate and collaborate harmoniously. Additionally, with On Demand Migration, users can now move between various email platforms with a secure SaaS solution.

Benefits of Quest On Demand Migration

Quest On Demand Migration is a powerful migration solution that aims to assist organizations with various workloads. Since few organizations perform daily tenant migrations, Microsoft doesn’t have native tools to assist with these tasks.

In addition to the security and ease of use the solution provides, On Demand Migration offers many benefits. Some of these include:

• Migrate Teams automatically while ensuring continued accessibility and compliance without losing access to valuable data.

• Provides a near-zero impact with a complete approach to tenant-to-tenant migration with ease.

• Discover and assess associated data before a migration through the intuitive dashboard.

• Migrate Teams and preserve valuable data and channel conversations across the organization without losing content or access.

• Merge and rename Teams as the migration takes place to the new tenant.

• On Demand Migration offers several tier solutions to fit an organization's needs and budgets.

Reviews from Real Users

Quest On Demand Migration is a favored solution among users for a variety of reasons, such as its stability in mailbox migration. On Demand Migration for Email allows users to seamlessly migrate their mailbox data for a variety of email platforms through a flexible solution. While most users choose the solution for a Gmail migration tool, users can migrate data from Sun Once/iPlanet, Zimbra, POP/IMAP, Exchange, to Office 365, or on-premises or hosted Exchange without installing migration software.

Reto K., an independant consultant at Krebs IT-services, notes, "The solution is really stable when it comes to mailbox migration and all of the following work very well: the mail content, the OneDrive for Business content, and migrating all Azure AD objects."

Quest On Demand Migration Video

Quest On Demand Migration Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Quest On Demand Migration pricing:
  • "It is quite cheap. Previously, I used to work for a big company, and they get quite a good deal, and now, I'm working for a small company, and even they get quite a good deal. So, its pricing is quite fair."
  • "The solution is on the more expensive side, when you compare it not only to BitTitan but to other tools in the cloud market. Of course, you receive things like Quest's support organization."
  • "I thought On Demand Migration would be more expensive. I'm pleased with the cost that was quoted."
  • Quest On Demand Migration Reviews

Adrian Stier - PeerSpot reviewer
    Senior consultant at rob.56 Consulting GmbH
    Leaderboard
    Fast migrations, very easy to use, and fair price
    • "It's very easy to use. What I like is that if there is an error, for each task, I can find out what actually went wrong."
    • "One of the things that can be included is automation. For the matching and the migration process, they could put in some automation. I'm only allowed about 25 users at a time. If it's a large tenant, it takes quite a while to put them in the batches. If there is enough automation into that, that'd be perfect."

What is our primary use case?

I am working for a consultancy company, and we help customers migrate from one tenant to another. For example, in a situation, where B2B is being merged, we help a customer realize the business case technically. We help to move a few users from one tenant to another or merge tenants. Quest is ideal for that because it has one interface, and it's very easy to use.

How has it helped my organization?

It supports multiple workloads from one place. It's very nice. It's very fast. Depending on the license that you have, you can combine anything in parallel. There are certain limits, and you can't oversize certain workloads, but it's possible. That's what I like about it. I did a migration for a whole tenant with 100 users just over a weekend. It's easy. This support for multiple workloads is very important to me because otherwise, I'd have to probably schedule with a client and tell him when we're going to move each workload. Because I can move in parallel, currently, all I need from them is accounts. If I have the right accounts and the source and the target, I can start in the background, which makes my job a lot easier.

It encrypts the communication between two tenants while I migrate. I'm not 100% sure about how encrypted it is. It's probably SSL 1.2 and TLS 1.2 encryption, but I'm very certain of the security, and I feel very safe. When I start migrating, or before the migration, I have to create the organization and the project, and I can choose the location. That's the first part that makes me feel safe. I know we're within the European Union, and from the architectural model, I know that it's encrypted. That is sufficient for me.

It's ISO-certified, which is important to me. Whenever I propose a solution and offer certain tools, I have to make sure that they're ISO certified. That's basic security. It's one of the base requirements for me.

It's crucial that it supports the migration of Microsoft Teams, including Teams chats. If it didn't support that, I probably wouldn't choose it. It's nice if you can do SharePoint and if you can do Exchange. If it can't support Teams and especially chat, I wouldn't suggest it to my clients, and I don't think any client would choose it.

I don't have to reach out to IT too often for support for migration. The number of support cases IT had to respond to as a result of the migration is not more than three or four. Most users don't notice that they were migrated after we completed a migration. Once in a while, they do notice, but we do communicate that there is a migration. Usually, they don't notice. With good migrations, they don't notice that there's been a change in the environment.

What is most valuable?

What I like is that for each use case, I can choose a module or a different combination of modules. For example, for a merge for a use case, all I have to do is just order a different license, and that's it. I like the migration module because it's straightforward. I can use it for all services within Office 365. That's what I like about it.

It's very easy to use. What I like is that if there is an error, for each task, I can find out what actually went wrong. If I'm lost, I can contact Quest support. They're very reactive. They're very helpful, but generally, it's straightforward.

What needs improvement?

There are certain tools or apps that are not supported at the moment, but as I know Quest, they'll be very fast in picking that up and very fast in adding on features. At the moment, it makes my life easier when I do a migration. We can do Teams and we can migrate the chat, but I do run into some features, such as Wiki and probably Whiteboard, that are not supported at the moment. Since Teams has grown and has become such a key app or service, sometimes, it's hard to explain to customers that we cannot migrate everything. If they would improve that, I'd probably be one of the happiest people on the planet.

One of the things that can be included is automation. For the matching and the migration process, they could put in some automation. I'm only allowed about 25 users at a time. If it's a large tenant, it takes quite a while to put them in the batches. If there is enough automation into that, that'd be perfect. Overall, I'm at a very high level of satisfaction, but it would be good to have these features.

Quest On Demand Migration
    November 2022
    Learn what your peers think about Quest On Demand Migration. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
    656,474 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been using it for three years.

It's very stable. It's usually very fast.

It's scalable. I know that there is one that's running on Azure, and it's automatically scaling. Whether I'm migrating 100,000 users or whether I'm migrating 10 users, I can do it very fast. So, I assume it's scalable. Because it's a SaaS solution, I can't look into its technical details, but it's always as quick as I need it to be.

We're a very small company. There are only 10 of us. Previously, I worked at a larger company where I used it as well. It does support multi-geo, and it's very good. Our clients are small to medium enterprises. Previously, they were medium enterprises. I switched just a few months ago. So, I've used it for small customers, and I've used it for larger environments as well. There is an upcoming project where I'm supposed to migrate 15 tenants into one. That'd be a rather large migration, and I'm going to use Quest On Demand Migration for that.

I don't have to interact with them much. There is not much ticketing. Usually, when I open the ticket, I put in the diagnostics that they need, and I either get a response straightforwardly or we just have a quick call. There is not much interaction going on. There are not more than three or four email exchanges until a case is resolved. Their support is highly qualified, and that's why I very much appreciate them. They're very helpful at the same time. I would rate them a ten out of ten.

Positive

I did use ShareGate for a while, but ShareGate is not as good with Teams migration as Quest is. That's why I switched to Quest.

I have not used any other solution from Quest. I know that they're there. Once in a while, I use Nova, which is their multi-tenant solution. I've recommended it to one of the customers, and that's it.

It's on the cloud. That's what I like about it. One of the nice things is they have a web interface. So, there's nothing to install and no agent to run. I can run agents if there's any local Active Directory involved, or if you're doing Active Directory to Active Directory migration, but the core solution is only on the cloud. It runs on Azure as far as I know.

I'm usually the one setting it up. There's not much to do. It's straightforward. You just need to put in two credentials, which are the local admin of one tenant and the local admin of the other tenant, and you need to consent to a few grants that they're asking for with a few services, and that's it. It doesn't take more than 15 minutes.

It requires maintenance once in a while. One of their pages tells you whether there's a service that's been degraded or if there's any maintenance going on. They're straightforward with that, and I very much appreciate that.

I have seen an ROI. If I wouldn't have been able to use it, we wouldn't have kept some of the customers that we now have. So, customer satisfaction from the prime migrations is my return on investment.

I've not looked at all the products on the market. I've looked at bigger ones like AvePoint Fly and ShareGate. I chose Quest because I knew it previously and it's fast. I do like its troubleshooting possibilities. Whenever there's an issue, it's very straightforward to see what the issue is. It's easy to use, and it's quicker than multiple solutions on the market. This is my impression.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend using it. If you've done a few migrations with this, and if you use another product, you definitely learn to appreciate the tool.

It has made my life easier. It's very possible to script everything with PowerShell, but you would need quite a deep knowledge of PowerShell and Microsoft Stack. Since Microsoft 365 is a fast-changing environment. It would make your life easier if you choose a well-known solution such as Quest On Demand Migration rather than just trying to script everything because it takes quite a bit of work to get it all running with the script. Life is easier if you don't have to do it.

I would rate Quest On Demand Migration a nine out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
    Reto Krebs - PeerSpot reviewer
    Independent Consultant at Krebs IT-Services
    Saves time and reduces complexity when migrating data, but some features are not that stable
    • "The solution is really stable when it comes to mailbox migration and all of the following work very well: the mail content, the OneDrive for Business content, and migrating all Azure AD objects."
    • "It's definitely the Microsoft Teams functionality that has a lot of aspects where improvements are needed. Microsoft 365 Groups are tightly connected to Teams and there are a lot of improvements needed there as well."

What is our primary use case?

Most use cases for Quest On Demand Migration are when a customer has an old tenant, and for some reason they have to migrate their data to a new Office 365 tenant.

I'm an independent consultant working with products from Quest, and doing projects with those products for my customers. Certain customers organize their licenses themselves, because they have their own dealer. In some cases, I also organize the license and resell products to the customer.

On Demand Migration is a cloud product, software as a service.

How has it helped my organization?

The bottom line is that using On Demand Migration results in less effort for my customers to bring data over or to work with the data at a new location. It's not only less effort but there is less complexity and less cost involved. If they would have to do this type of work manually or build their own solution, that would cost them endless money. Quantifying how much they save by using the solution is very difficult, but building something like this on their own would require spending five or 10 times what they invest for the licenses for the product.

The time savings are similar, on the order of five to 15 times less when using the solution as compared to building one on their own.

What is most valuable?

The solution is really stable when it comes to mailbox migration and all of the following work very well:

• the mail content
    • the OneDrive for Business content
    • migrating all Azure AD objects.

These three parts are really solid.

It's really easy to configure and you don't have to deal with errors. It's migration that I would call "fire-and-forget."

What needs improvement?

It's definitely the Microsoft Teams functionality that has a lot of aspects where improvements are needed. Microsoft 365 Groups are tightly connected to Teams and there are a lot of improvements needed there as well.

I see potential in the SharePoint functionality. But right now, when it comes to SharePoint migration, we often have to use another tool because the SharePoint part in On Demand Migration is like a kid; it's very young and not mature. I would get rid of other products and only use On Demand Migration for SharePoint, if I could. The capability is there, but it is not that strong at the moment. That could change in the future.

I have been using Quest On Demand Migration for about one and a half years, but I have been working with Quest products for about 15 years.

It's potentially solid. Mailbox and Azure AD object functionality are very solid. It's the Teams stuff, especially, that is not that solid. It has also to do with the interfaces to other manufacturers' products, among other things; it's not that solid and stable at all.

There is also a part called Public Folder which is a pain. You can solve issues with it, as a consultant, behind the scenes, but never show to a customer how painful that is.

It's quite scalable. But the more you have to scale, the bigger the project is, the more you need to automate. One problem with the product is that we, as independent consultants, do not have access to the automation components, which exist, apparently. If I had to do a really large project and automate, I think I would drown in trouble. It would make life complicated and would take more effort. I know from Quest consultants that those automation interfaces are around, but we are not allowed to use them at the moment, unfortunately.

It's scalable for small and mid-size projects, but when it comes to large stuff it could be complicated.

In terms of increasing our usage of the solution, if the projects are around and they are increasing, I would definitely increasingly use it. When you're familiar with something, you aren't interested in using another product.

My experience with Quest technical support has been very good. They are also human beings, so they can't necessarily help with every case, but they really are okay. They are helpful.

In this field, you don't really have many options. There is the SharePoint Migration Tool, which I have used. And it has happened, at times, in the past, that I have used tools from other vendors.

Setting up On Demand Migration is very straightforward. Depending on the customer's environment it usually takes three hours, perhaps half a day.

The implementation strategy always involves talking to the customer to make sure I understand what kind of security setup they have. That's the most important thing to get it working.

I'm not very familiar with other similar solutions because I'm really focused on Quest. But in terms of how long the setup takes, you don't have hundreds of thousands of settings to configure. It's really easy to use.

Sometimes Quest Support is involved in the setup. If the standard procedure does not work, if there are errors I'm not familiar with, then I involve Quest support. In most cases, it's a standard procedure and you don't have to involve anybody. But it does happen.

Its price-to-value ratio is quite okay. It's much better than it was one year ago.

The solution is on the more expensive side, when you compare it not only to BitTitan but to other tools in the cloud market. Of course, you receive things like Quest's support organization.

Licensing is not really easy. You don't have the option to buy a very small license to just migrate certain stuff. You always get pushed to use enterprise or big licenses, which include things that the customer never uses. I miss granularity on price at times.

I have had hands-on experience with Metalogix, when it comes to SharePoint, and I have done one project with BitTitan.

It's difficult to compare Metalogix with On Demand Migration because they are completely different, including the architecture. BitTitan is quite similar to On Demand Migration in a lot of areas. BitTitan is really its closest competitor.

What other advice do I have?

The big feature that is most spoken about when it comes to On Demand Migration is the ability to migrate Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, and 365 Groups content, and public folders. I use those features, but they are more complicated and not that stable at the moment. Still, they are useful and helpful.

The user-friendliness is okay. In most cases, my customers don't really use the product. They just tell me, "Do it. Use this product," so they cannot say if it's user-friendly or not. The end users almost do not see anything directly in the product.

Anybody who is using the product should have a look at the current limitations. The documentation is very up-to-date, so have a look at what the product is capable of doing and what it's not capable of. Quest is really transparent.

Compare prices with other vendors' products. Keep in mind that the support from Quest is really good so you should include that when looking at the prices and costs. That's quite important.

Most importantly—and here is the consultant in me speaking—if you're a Quest customer, don't use it on your own. Get somebody involved who has already used it to help you. It will work much better.

Disclosure: PeerSpot contacted the reviewer to collect the review and to validate authenticity. The reviewer was referred by the vendor, but the review is not subject to editing or approval by the vendor. The reviewer's company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Partner/Reseller.

Hi Reto.

It was nice to finally meet you at Quest TEC in Atlanta this September. I recall that we met and discussed what needed improvement based on this review last year.

1. We separated the content migration in the Teams UI so that users could migrate different parts of a Team separately.

2. We added more details on the item counts for Teams content in the UI.

3. We continued to add to the scope of what ODM SharePoint supports.

4. We added more details on what is and is not supported to our user documentation.

5. Regarding automation interfaces, I recall that we discussed the use of PowerShell to as an alternative to the ODM UI.

And you provided an update after TEC this year. For anybody else who this could be helpful to, here’s what we discussed:

1. Request to migrate Mail-Contacts.

2. Migration of SharePoint subsites as part of Teams migrations

3. Adding collections to Teams chat migration

4. Continued priority on migration performance

5. Using Desktop Update Agent to simplify client reconfiguration

Quest On Demand Migration
    November 2022
    656,474 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Phil Haslam - PeerSpot reviewer
    Project Manager at LAWYERS ON DEMAND LIMITED
    Speeds up process of migrating files, saving us the time of having to check things manually
    • "The solution supports multiple workloads. We've got Outlook, OneDrive, SharePoint, Teams, and Azure under the same place. It's really easy to see the progress in each of those areas. It's very important to have everything in one place. Otherwise, we'd have to use different platforms to handle different parts of the migration."
    • "In terms of Microsoft Teams, the only disappointment for us has been how the chats are migrated. They just don't look exactly the same as they would if you were logging on as normal. Obviously, when it comes to the user experience, you want the look and feel of everything to be replicated identically, and chats is the only part of it that doesn't look identical. However, it's not a 'car crash.' It's a slight deviation from what people would expect."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for migrating the users and data from one company's domain into another company's domain. We are merging tenants to align both companies under a single Azure environment.

We still haven't finished the migration yet.

It's a cloud solution and we connect it to our Azure environment to handle the migration.

How has it helped my organization?

It has completely sped up the process of migrating files. We would have had to have done that manually and then checked on what were the outstanding copies of files to be uploaded or what had changed in the interim. I wouldn't necessarily say it has improved anything, but speed and efficiency have definitely been realized as a result of the tool.

We're using it to migrate Microsoft Teams which is still a fairly new tool. It's only about three or four years old. And having a partner that really understands it and knows the ins and outs and can answer questions—and if they don't know the answers to the questions, they go and find out or they try and develop a solution for you—is absolutely vital.

What is most valuable?

As the project manager, I really like the dashboard feature where I can see what the progress is. That allows me to do some easy reporting. The dashboard is incredibly easy to use. Even a non-IT persona could look at the dashboard and get all the information they need to know.

Also, the solution supports multiple workloads. We've got Outlook, OneDrive, SharePoint, Teams, and Azure under the same place. It's really easy to see the progress in each of those areas. It's very important to have everything in one place. Otherwise, we'd have to use different platforms to handle different parts of the migration.

We also have no issue with the security or the privacy surrounding it. They seem to have thought of those elements.

In addition, it's absolutely critical that On Demand Migration is ISO-certified. As a company, we are not exposing ourselves to risk during the day-to-day. And when we are choosing a migration partner, we have to assess all of those types of requirements. If a solution is not as certified as we are, then we're not going to go with it. The fact that this solution is ISO-certified is incredibly important.

What needs improvement?

In terms of Microsoft Teams, the only disappointment for us has been how the chats are migrated. They just don't look exactly the same as they would if you were logging on as normal. Obviously, when it comes to the user experience, you want the look and feel of everything to be replicated identically, and chats is the only part of it that doesn't look identical. However, it's not a "car crash." It's a slight deviation from what people would expect. I had to explain that to the company this morning and no one raised an eyebrow or had any complaint or feedback about it. They just accepted that not every tool is 100 percent perfect.

That is the only drawback and the only area that the tool doesn't seem to cover, but I don't think it's a limitation of the tool. I think it's a limitation of Teams. So we completely understand why, and maybe in the future they will work out a way to work with Microsoft to get that to look and feel a bit better.

We've been using Quest On Demand Migration for about one month.

It has been very stable. There has been no reason to question that at all.

It's incredibly scalable. We are actually only migrating 170 users and Quest said that's very small in terms of the scale of migrations they're used to. They can handle up to hundreds and thousands of users because the tool is built to scale.

We had some calls with Quest's sales and solutions teams prior to the deployment, where we are asked questions about functionality and they answered those questions, but I don't think we've been in touch with them since we had the tool, which is encouraging.

We haven't specifically used Quest tech support, but I have no doubt that a couple of the people they had on the calls with us were from their tech support team. They were very knowledgeable.

Positive

The initial setup of On Demand Migration was very straightforward. It was done in 10 to 15 minutes. The confirmation and the instructions to log in were sent to me and I set up an account for my colleague who is the lead engineer. He then attached the domain, or the tenant, to the tool and started creating users almost immediately. Within a couple of days he was able to start migrating the data.

It's difficult to measure ROI, but as I said before, we would have had to do things very manually without this solution. You set the parameters in the tool and it goes off and does the job. Then it tells you what it couldn't do and you just fix that. Otherwise, we'd have to be doing these 170 users manually, individually, checking them again and again. The tool gives that time back to us. So the only return on investment is that we are not spending man-hours looking at things.

I thought On Demand Migration would be more expensive. I'm pleased with the cost that was quoted. We've not taken on any professional consultancy from them. That's where the costs can add up and they were very honest about that. We didn't need to because we had a seasoned lead engineer working with us. The cost of the individual licenses is reasonable for what the software does.

In a previous company I used MigrationWiz, but I don't have in-depth knowledge of it because I wasn't part of the project team. MigrationWiz was used to cover some of the things that Quest can do, but it wasn't a holistic solution, whereas Quest is.

It was our lead engineer who told us to go with Quest because of the recent merger or partnership with Binary Tree Power365. The fact that those two came together made it a very attractive proposition because they covered off a lot more bases.

What other advice do I have?

Most users are aware that they're being migrated and, once it has happened, there will be some things that will noticeably change because their organization is merging with another organization. Things like the URL they will use for SharePoint and for their OneDrive for Business will change. They are going to notice those things, but day-to-day, they should notice very little impact.

I'd absolutely encourage others who are considering this solution to go ahead. I don't think there's another tool in the market that covers the same scope that it covers. I would advise them about the Teams chats, but even by the time this review is published they may have fixed the problems with those chats. It's such a minor point that it's just a cost of doing business. Not everything's going to be 100 percent perfect. But if anyone were to ask me for a recommendation for a tool, I wouldn't say try this or this. I would say the only one you need to know is Quest.

Hi,

Thanks for the positive feedback on the dashboard. We are looking to improve the dashboard and add reporting features in the near future. Also, thanks for pointing out security and privacy. We have made significant efforts to limit what we need to access in customer tenants, provide role based access settings in ODM, and meet or exceed security security requirements for our SaaS based solution. We also provide documentation for all of these.

Thanks also for calling out ODM as a holistic solution. This is one of our goals and we are not done yet.

Let me respond to the improvement you recommended.

1. Display of migrate chats. We are limited in how we can display migrated chats. First, we cannot impersonate users. Thus, we use an admin account to create private chat messages. Second, we recommend merging messages on the target because it is faster than not doing so. Third, we make it possible to migrate the last 30 days of messages and archive the remainder. We think these are reasonable compromises in the scope of the limitations we face and the tight timeline for migration. But let us know if you see room for more improvement.

(Note I posted this same response in another product review here)

Cloud Infrastructure Engineer at SLR Consulting Ltd
    Easy to use, a "one-stop shop" for tenant-to-tenant migration, and simple to implement
    • "We can easily and simply work out the cost for any migration work that is required with the licensing model."
    • "They should introduce a module for migrating power automation for users."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for M&A - Office 365 tenant mergers.

We can migrate all of our users/shared mailboxes/OneDrives/MS Teams/SharePoint Online into one dashboard!

We can connect a source tenant in seconds, perform an initial discovery, and work out the number of licenses we need (and the volume of data that needs to be moved). This allows us to accurately plan and allocate the necessary resources to the project from the outset.

We can rapidly provide high-level plans with confidence to key stakeholders.

How has it helped my organization?

ODM has given us the platform to rapidly support our M&A activities and tenant consolidation from the get-go. We're able to pre-stage all of our users' data from the various O365 services and minimize the cutover window from tenant to tenant. ODM saves time by not having to continually monitor migration processes through the use of task scheduling and email alerting.

The comprehensive user guide allows you to self-skill or works with the Pro Services team for knowledge transfer. Quest genuinely is flexible and you can do what works for you.

What is most valuable?

It's a "one-stop shop" for tenant-to-tenant migration, negating the requirement for various tooling and additional license costs. We can easily and simply work out the cost for any migration work that is required with the licensing model.

The ease of use is great. We can begin skilling multiple members of the team to support concurrent M&A migrations to offer better support to our businsses ambitions around growth.

Being able to migrate on-prem directory synced accounts/shared mailboxes to cloud-only is a huge plus point for those wanting to move away from the traditional Active Directory.

What needs improvement?

They need to make the dashboard editable in the browser instead of only through CSV/scanning tenants. This would have sped up correcting any mistakes or changes to mappings.

They should introduce a module for migrating power automation for users.

There needs to be better handling of the various M365 group states instead of having to ensure you follow the exacting order for migrating them. Think M365 groups with/without Teams or with/without SharePoint sites attached.

Error handling resolution could be a little more helpful with some more tips/presenting the entire error front and center. That said, the support team is willing to help with any issues you may have with misconfigured source tenants!

We opted not to migrate chats due to how they are presented to the target users. The guide does say this is a Microsoft limitation.

Lastly, allow us to set the session timeout and be tab aware.

I've used the solution for two months.

Collections offer you the ability to run concurrent tasks and logically group your migrations.

They have an excellent and attentive support team!

Positive

We did not previously use a different solution.

The setup is super straightforward. You can set up your accounts in each tenant and simply sign in.

You have to apply some thought to splitting your migration workloads into collections to concurrently run tasks and be optimal with the Microsoft limitations/throttling.

We implemented the solution in-house, leaning heavily on the ODM-publicized documentation.

We looked into various other options, including:

• Avepoint
    • Bit-titan
    • Sharegate

Each had its own "issues," which meant they didn't quite work for us in their current states.

Hi,

Thanks for the positive feedback on the User Guide. I'm calling this out because we've put a big focus on keeping it up-to-date and user focused. We also provide a Strategy and Best Practices Guide.

Let me respond to some of the improvements you recommended.

1. Make the dashboard editable in the browser. This a very compelling idea. I can see other users wanting this, too.

2. A module for migrating power automation for users. Is this referring to using PowerShell rather than the UI? If so, we can discuss what you would like to see in PowerShell capability.

3. Better handling of the various M365 group states. We separated this handling for Teams; but still need to do this for Groups: SharePoint and Planner.

4. Error handling resolution. We would like to separate our current error messages into more than one column and add more filtering and sorting capability. We also plan to add error reporting for content migration issues only. That is, identify the content that failed to migrate and why.

5. Display of migrate chats. We are limited in how we can display migrated chats. First, we cannot impersonate users. Thus, we use an admin account to create private chat messages. Second, we recommend merging messages on the target because it is faster than not doing so. Third, we make it possible to migrate the last 30 days of messages and archive the remainder. We think these are reasonable compromises in the scope of the limitations we face and the tight timeline for migration. But let us know if you see room for more improvement.

6. Apply some thought to splitting your migration workloads into collections. We have some plans to improve how this works. We want to make it easier for users to migrate without being concerned about scheduling tasks.