IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Parasoft Development Testing Platform OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) Suites Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Parasoft Development Testing Platform?
Parasoft Concerto is a Software Development Management infrastructure that increases productivity and reduces costs. Parasoft Concerto complements an organization's existing technical infrastructure, connecting distributed components in order to better facilitate natural human workflow. Parasoft Concerto manages "what" needs to be accomplished within the context of "how" management expects those tasks to be accomplished.

Parasoft Development Testing Platform was previously known as Parasoft Concerto, Parasoft DTP.

Parasoft Development Testing Platform Customers
Comcast, Lufthansa, Samsung,CAE, Canon, FedEx
Parasoft Development Testing Platform Video

Archived Parasoft Development Testing Platform Reviews (more than two years old)

Ujjwal Gupta - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Technical Consultant at Adobe
Leaderboard
A complete test management tool that facilitates developers' unit testing
  • "It really helps developers execute scenarios through DTP and share reports/results across the teams."
  • "Parallel execution: It would help it multiple executions could be done at the same time."

What is most valuable?

Complete test management tool. It really helps developers execute scenarios through DTP and share reports/results across the teams. It also gives a sense to dev team that they can take all appropriate actions there only.

How has it helped my organization?

Developer can also use this tool for their unit testing in automated way.

What needs improvement?

Parallel execution: It would help it multiple executions could be done at the same time. This would reduce the execution time, helping achieve goals on time, and with less effort required. I use the different licenses to manage this issue and it can be controlled by different users for functional testing.

Around three years.
Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) Suites
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Parasoft, Atlassian, Microsoft and others in Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) Suites. Updated: June 2022.
610,229 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Good reaction time, given that it's a commercial tool.

Somewhat complex.

Costly.

What other advice do I have?

Nice product for API testing and service virtualization.
Partner / Owner at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Customizable dashboards show project health. Every team member gets notified about their performance and no one gets lost in what to do.

What is most valuable?

• Customizable dashboards show how healthy the project is
  • Task distribution, so every team member gets notified about their performance and no one gets lost in what to do.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more plugins to import from universal tools.

I have been using it for two years.

I have not encountered any remarkable deployment issues.

I have not encountered any remarkable stability issues.

I have not encountered any remarkable scalability issues.

Customer service is 6/10.

Technical support is 6/10.

I did not previously use a different solution.

Initial setup was straightforward.

A vendor team implemented. Their level of expertise was 8.5/10.

It’s difficult to provide ROI information, because it depends on the costumer and how it uses the product. With this product, it probably takes at least three months to see ROI.

The vendor sells perpetual licenses; could use SaaS. Price is fair.

Before choosing this product, we evaluated it against SonarQube.

What other advice do I have?

No remarkable advice; solution is really useful and should be adopted if the budget allows it.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: My company is business partner of the vendor.
Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) Suites
June 2022
610,229 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Systems/Applications Specialist with 201-500 employees
Active Directory authorisation through LDAP​ is valuable but integration with other tools would be welcomed.​

Valuable Features

Ease of use and administration. Active Directory authorisation through LDAP.

Improvements to My Organization

The Parasoft Concerto has enabled the company's test teams to automate the most common and trivial tests which is saving time and delivering consistency.

Room for Improvement

Integration with other tools (e.g. JIRA, statistics for Splunk) would be welcomed.

Use of Solution

Over 1 year

Deployment was fast and smooth - no issues encountered.

Working as expected. One service - easy to check and monitor.

Needs individual licence for every new slot which requires a code to be provided by the vendor and activated manually.

Good enough.

Basic but enough.

The initial setup is following the standard installation process with a few prompts for DB settings, LDAP etc. I would say quite a straightforward process.

Implementation Team

Have been working with vendor SME in-house which I find knowledgeable and assisting.

Other Advice

You can name the application internally (e.g. Automap, TT1) to reduce confusion if someday a new instance is required. Even though it is a small app creating separate Active Directory group(s) to manage app access and permissions level could pay off from managing and troubleshooting point of view.

Download our free Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) Suites Report and find out what your peers are saying about Parasoft, Atlassian, Microsoft, and more!
Updated: June 2022