Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Oracle Advanced Security OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Oracle Advanced Security is #6 ranked solution in top Data Masking tools and #11 ranked solution in top Endpoint Encryption tools. PeerSpot users give Oracle Advanced Security an average rating of 9.0 out of 10. Oracle Advanced Security is most commonly compared to IBM Security Guardium Data Protection: Oracle Advanced Security vs IBM Security Guardium Data Protection. Oracle Advanced Security is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 78% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 27% of all views.

Download the Endpoint Encryption Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: August 2022

What is Oracle Advanced Security?

Oracle Advanced Security provides data encryption and strong authentication services to the Oracle database, safeguarding sensitive data against unauthorized access from the network and the operating system. It also protects against theft, loss, and improper decommissioning of storage media and database backups.

Oracle Advanced Security Customers
IBVI, illycaffe, Scottish water, trueblue, AirAsia
Oracle Advanced Security Video

Archived Oracle Advanced Security Reviews (more than two years old)

Oracle Cloud Project Manager at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Has good data encryption and data reduction but the solution is constrained
  • "The features that are the most used by the customers and partners are, at the moment, for GDPR, so obviously data encryption and data reduction. Our customers also like the partitioning option."
  • "It is really constrained as an environment because you cannot change something that would be useful. It is a very good product because it is very similar to what you have on-premises. Yes, it is constrained, but it is expected because it is a platform as a service so it has to be constrained."

What is most valuable?

The features that are the most used by the customers and partners are, at the moment, for GDPR, so obviously data encryption and data reduction are the most valuable to them. Our customers also like the partitioning option.

What needs improvement?

At the moment, I haven't found a problem with the availability.

In the last few months, Oracle implemented a lot of new features and the new functionalities on the database system. So it is more useful.

Endpoint Encryption
August 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Microsoft, Micro Focus and others in Endpoint Encryption. Updated: August 2022.
633,572 professionals have used our research since 2012.

As you may know, technical support for whichever vendor or whichever brand will depend on the analyst. So it is very difficult to assess. Until now I found the technical people for Oracle Cloud to be very and good.

I was an Oracle employee for about 10 years and I worked mainly on the Oracle Database. Then I changed the company and I changed my job and started to work with Oracle Cloud. So at the moment, I only work with Oracle Cloud. I have some basic knowledge about Microsoft Azure and AWS, but I don't usually work with these two cloud vendors.

The initial setup is usually really complex. Partners ask us for consultancy with an environment that is really complex to implement.

The implementation is really easy. The problem is the architecture that you have to implement. Usually, it is more complex if you have a more complex infrastructure. And then creating the system is very simple, but then you have to integrate it with the other components. For example, the customer wants to use custom backup so you have to install the backup module. Somebody wants to save on file storage services so you have to integrate with special service and so on. It depends on the architecture and the infrastructure that the customer wants.

Pricing is pretty similar between the competitors because you have to spend more money on a computer for AWS and less money for Oracle but the storage is a bit cheaper. I think that prices are very similar between the cloud vendors.

What other advice do I have?

My recommendation for this solution would depend on customer needs. As you may know, Oracle has a lot of different offerings for database service because it has the standard database service, there is an autonomous database, there is Exadata Cloud Service. So there are lots of choices that the customer can consider. It depends on the specific customer needs, so usually, I do an assessment to really identify the correct solution for that customer.

I would rate it a seven out of ten.

Download our free Endpoint Encryption Report and find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Microsoft, Micro Focus, and more!
Updated: August 2022