IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Meraki Location Analytics OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Meraki Location Analytics is #14 ranked solution in top Business Intelligence Tools. PeerSpot users give Meraki Location Analytics an average rating of 10 out of 10. Meraki Location Analytics is most commonly compared to Microsoft BI: Meraki Location Analytics vs Microsoft BI. Meraki Location Analytics is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 61% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 28% of all views.

Download the Business Intelligence (BI) Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2022

What is Meraki Location Analytics?

Cisco Meraki's location analytics and engagement solution displays real-time location statistics to improve customer engagement and loyalty across sites. Data collected by intelligent Meraki APs is synced with the Meraki cloud, automatically reported in the dashboard, and exported to third-party applications via the Cisco Meraki Location Analytics API.

Meraki Location Analytics Customers

Ladbrokes, Neinver, Westwind School Division, The Salvation Army, Queensland Airports Limited

Meraki Location Analytics Video

Meraki Location Analytics Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Meraki Location Analytics pricing:
"They have different tiers of pricing including one-year, three-year, five-year, seven-year, and ten-year."

Meraki Location Analytics Reviews

TonyMoore - PeerSpot reviewer
President at www.virtualtechsolutionsusa.com
Great trend monitoring, easy to update, and extremely scalable
  • "Technical support has always been very good."
  • "The pricing is a pain point for us. It's a bit expensive."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for analysis and trend monitoring.

What is most valuable?

The trend monitoring has been a very useful aspect for us. That's the most key feature, depending on what industry you're in. If you're in retail or you're into airlines and stuff like that, where trends matter, then this is a big, big deal It does it well, and it does it better than anybody else in the industry. Everything's updated, all of it, quite well. It updates just like your computer system will update. If you have a cloud solution, everything's going to be updated in the cloud. You've actually got people sitting there, professional people that are patching, updating, and monitoring, doing all these types of things so you don't have any downtime.  The solution scales very, very well. Technical support has always been very good.

What needs improvement?

The pricing is a pain point for us. It's a bit expensive. I would like to still see it come down, as many companies just don't have the budgets for it right now. Mid-sized companies in particular just don't have that kind of money sometimes. If it comes down a little bit, they're going to hit a lot more companies and take a bigger market share.

The stability has been very good overall. It's regularly updated and there are no bugs or glitches and it doesn't crash or freeze. It's been quite reliable and the performance is good.
Business Intelligence (BI) Tools
May 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Cisco, Microsoft, Tableau and others in Business Intelligence (BI) Tools. Updated: May 2022.
606,596 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution scales extremely well. If a company needs to expand, it's not a problem. They can do so with ease.

Technical support is rock-solid. They are very helpful and responsive. We are quite satisfied with the level of attention we get when we need their help.

We've used different BI tools such as Power BI. There are major differences between the two solutions as they just don't have some of the features. For instance, the trending and things like that, it's entirely different. It doesn't do any of those things as well as Cisco does. There are a lot of little things, that just aren't as good.

The pricing could be less expensive. They should work on their price points. However, since it is such a well-polished system, you can see why they charge what they do. The pricing is different for each company, it depends on a few factors, including the number of users, for example. It's hard to give an exact price as it moves around and changes according to variables. That said, it is possible to work with them to get a reasonable price in some cases.

What other advice do I have?

We're Cisco partners and resellers. When Meraki came out, it was kind of like Cisco routers and stuff, however, they went to the air. Device Management just came out not that long ago. We've been using its analytics pretty much with every deal now. Since lockdown, everybody's got to either bring their own devices or the company has to give them phones. If you can afford this solution, it's worth every dime in terms of what you get out of it. Companies, if they decide to implement the solution, are going to have to make a lot of choices. Do they have the people they feel that they can do this with? Do they need to use part of the analytics? Or not? If they do, then do they know what they're looking for - for example, what trends are they trying to spot? It can get overwhelming. That said, at the end of the day, a company will have a dashboard that they can go into and manipulate if they want to and can change things or just monitor on their own.  With the dashboard, you can see what's going on. If you do on-premises, you're also going to have to focus on going to patch and fix and do all the things that need to be done to keep it running smoothly, and you'll need to follow alerts to see if something's up or something like that. The advantage of the cloud is that a lot of this is done for you and you won't have to worry about manual patching, et cetera. I'd rate the solution at a ten out of ten overall. We've been quite happy with the product.
SR Solutions Engineer - Wireline at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Reseller
Straightforward to deploy, easy to maintain, provides good visibility into service usage
  • "In general, it is helpful because it allows administrators to see where the Wi-Fi and network services are being most used."
  • "I would like to see all of the features included in a single package."

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and as part of our offering, we resell Meraki products. The Meraki Location Analytics solution is one of the products that we offer to our customers. We do a fully managed solution.

My specific role is in design and our customers have a variety of use cases. For example, this can be used on a college campus where the equipment is installed in dorms for students to use. We have also worked on retirement businesses that have residents from all stages of life that live in different types of buildings. One of the features is a location service, where certain people can be easily located.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature depends on the use case and who is making use of the services. In general, it is helpful because it allows administrators to see where the Wi-Fi and network services are being most used.

This product is easy to maintain. This is a fix it and forget it solution.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see all of the features included in a single package. As it is now, the only downfall is that if a customer doesn't buy everything, and they only buy the best parts of it, then they are missing out. This means that later, they have to invest in add-ons.

I have been working with Meraki products since Cisco took them over, several years ago. I took the training just before the merger and I've been certified since that time.

This is a very stable product.

This is a really good solution for both small and mid-sized customers.

When it comes to scalability, you have capacity versus coverage. Capacity is where, when a person walks into a building a uses the Wi-Fi network, all of their devices connect. Capacity in this context refers to how many devices a person uses. This includes devices like iPhones, tablets, other cell phones, laptops, and others. This has to be sized properly and Meraki does a good job of that.

I have dealt with Cisco technical support during design, but we have an entire management team that deals with support when it comes to fixing problems.

We have sold other similar solutions in the past.

This product is very straightforward to set up.

This solution has some equipment that has to be installed on-site but the gateways are on the cloud.

Our team usually works with one on-site individual.

Meraki products are very affordable. They have different tiers of pricing including one-year, three-year, five-year, seven-year, and ten-year. The licensing is flexible and depends on what it is that the customer wants.

Business Intelligence (BI) Tools
May 2022
606,596 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Jacobo Levy - PeerSpot reviewer
Network Engineer at a computer software company with 1-10 employees
Reseller
You can manage thousands of devices with a click and deploy applications in seconds
  • "I like Location Analytics' geofencing features for devices. You can manage thousands of devices with just a push of a button and deploy applications in seconds. For example, in schools, you can deploy an app update for thousands of iPads in just two clicks."
  • "The biggest issue is negotiating the price with a client. That's the most complicated part, but the product is worth it."

What is our primary use case?

Location Analytics helps us identify sites' traffic patterns, the number of clients served, whether it's a public venue or not, etc. Location Analytics is a hybrid situation. With MDM, you have a dashboard on the cloud and an agent on each machine.

The MX has a mixture of cloud-based and onsite solutions. It depends on which product you're talking about, but it's a hybrid solution on the MDM. Location Analytics requires a full Meraki stack with firewall switches, which will give you full location analytics.

What is most valuable?

I like Location Analytics' geofencing features for devices. You can manage thousands of devices with just a push of a button and deploy applications in seconds. For example, in schools, you can deploy an app update for thousands of iPads in just two clicks.

I've been using Location Analytics for nine-plus years.

I've never had downtime.

Meraki Location Analytics is scalable.

The support team responds fast.

Deploying Location Analytics is super easy. The vendor handles the maintenance. You set the schedule for updates, and let them know if you want to automatically deploy firmware updates. It manages the device downtime, so everything doesn't go down at the same time. It does the update device by device to minimize downtime.

The biggest issue is negotiating the price with a client. That's the most complicated part, but the product is worth it. I'm not sure how much it costs, and it depends on how many licenses you need for the devices.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Meraki Location analytics nine out of 10. I recommend it. It's money well spent.

Hybrid Cloud
Download our free Business Intelligence (BI) Tools Report and find out what your peers are saying about Cisco, Microsoft, Tableau, and more!
Updated: May 2022