Logikcull OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Logikcull is the #8 ranked solution in top eDiscovery software. PeerSpot users give Logikcull an average rating of 7.6 out of 10. Logikcull is most commonly compared to kCura Relativity: Logikcull vs kCura Relativity.

Download the eDiscovery Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Logikcull?

Logikcull provides a secure, central repository with bank-level encryption where you can host all your complex search projects and most sensitive data. Fortune 500 companies, major law firms, and top government organizations trust Logikcull with their data.

• Backed by AWS, the most trusted cloud provider in the world
  • Bank-level security encrypts data in transit and at rest at the file level
  • Permissions-based user roles allow you to control who sees your data
  • Real-time tracking shows you all in-app activity.
Logikcull Customers

Williams, Veolia, Salesforce, NYC, The Sierra Club Foundation, Unisys, Zenefits, Airgas, Haynes Boones, Earth Justice

Logikcull Video

Logikcull Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Logikcull pricing:
  • "Logikcull is very expensive. I wish it were less expensive."
  • "The cost depends on the case size of the data and the number of projects they're expecting to encounter. If it's small to medium-sized, this tool will be very good because it has a pay-as-you-go feature instead of an hourly billing rate, where they bill you every hour, and you have to go through the structure from beginning to end."
  • Logikcull Reviews

Victoria Stevens - PeerSpot reviewer
    Senior Paralegal at Wilenchik & Bartness Law Office
    Powerfully simple legal software for processing, reviewing, and producing data
    • "Uploading the documents is super easy. You just throw it in a zip, and unless it's a PST, then you can throw it in directly."
    • "The guys over at Logikcull will do everything possible to avoid a screen-share — they do everything via text."

What is our primary use case?

Depending upon the data and depending upon how difficult it is to process, sometimes I'll put a rather small case in, and other times I'll put in a case with tens of thousands of documents.

Within our organization, I'm the one who inputs and produces — there's another paralegal who does it when he's forced to. Then there've been a few attorneys, like three or four in the office. Like I said, expert witnesses, we'll give them access to it — limited access. Then the client, so that's the world.

This solution doesn't require maintenance because it's all cloud-based. You literally log in and log out. So they're constantly updating it.

We're not a super big firm, we're a 15 attorney's firm. But you'd be surprised at how many firms of our size don't use any discovery programs. It makes it very difficult to work with other law firms' production, as they're done really basically. We'll definitely keep using Logikcull.

How has it helped my organization?

For us, I think it just went up to $200 dollars a month. That's about one hour or less of an attorney's time. The attorneys don't get involved in the uploading, and the Bates stamping, and all of that stuff. They don't understand it anyway. They don't want to understand it.

They think it's really easy. They think that "Oh, miracle workers over here. Well, just put Bates stamps on it." Well, it's not that easy. So the benefits are, it's just very, very simple. We use another program as well for smaller cases. If the client doesn't want to pay the $250 dollars a month, then I have an in-house product that I use that's very, very good that we pay for annually, and we use for smaller cases. They don't get charged that $200 or whatever it is a month for hosting the information.

Logikcull has been a huge time saver. The other nice thing is you can let your client have unlimited access to it. This way, if they want to see the things that are being produced before they're produced, you can give clients access to it. You can give expert witnesses access to it. It's just very versatile.

What is most valuable?

First of all, uploading the documents is super easy. You just throw it in a zip, and unless it's a PST, then you can throw it in directly.

The process of tagging, and searching. It's got a greatly intuitive, advanced search mechanism. The best part of all is just the downloading of the actual Bates stamped documents, and then sharing them with other people. Then you can see when the other party has accessed it. So if they say, "I never got it." Then you can say, "Yeah, you did here. Here, you accessed it on this day at this time. So you did." It's like a date and time stamp.

The dashboards are gorgeous. They have helped me through so many possibilities — I could talk all day about Logikcull. When you're getting ready to produce, it will say "You have things that are marked privileged." Or "You have things that are potentially privileged." What Logikcull does is gather as many email addresses for law firms in the world as possible. They will gather those email addresses, and then if there are any of those email addresses that come up, they will say, "These are potentially privileged. You might want to look at them before you produce them."

They've got a good quality control mechanism within the program too. Eclipse SE doesn't because it's server-based, so you have to do quality control on your own. There's this built-in "Wait a minute. Don't produce, look at this first, before you do the production." It has really saved me a couple of times.

I have never had a problem with it being down or unavailable.

eDiscovery
    November 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Logikcull, IBM, kCura and others in eDiscovery. Updated: November 2022.
    655,113 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I don't think you can add any other IT solutions to this program, but users are not a big issue. You can add as many users as you want at no additional costs.

The customer support is absolutely amazing. They're more than responsive, they're outstanding.

Their support staff is there 24/7 if I need them. I guess they have a light that goes off or something when somebody needs help, and they'll answer within a few minutes, but it's never been a problem. Never.

We're also using Eclipse IPRO. They have a cloud-based program and a server-based program.

We have the surveys program. That means you have to have a lot of server space to make it work, but thank God we do. The Eclipse IPRO is located here in Tempe, Arizona. Talk about great customer service support as well. They know me, they call me the pest because I called them so much.

The thing that I like about Eclipse IPRO is they'll actually do a screen share with you immediately. The guys over at Logikcull will do everything possible to avoid a screen-share — they do everything via text. You actually have a little text box in the corner. You can send them a quick email saying "I'm having a problem with ABC and D." Then they'll send you a group of already pre-packaged explanations that they say, "Does that help?" And you say, "No, I need personal help." They'll actually work through it with you, and they'll actually get online behind the scenes. But they won't necessarily do a screen-share with you, that's like the last possible solution. I get why they do it though. It's not a big negative. Because in the process of them going through and texting and giving you the explanation via text, you're forced to learn it. So that's the worst thing.

Eclipse IPRO is server-based, so we host the data. We don't charge our client every month for that data to be stored. But there are lots of potential problems with it because it's on a server. One person changes the name of a file and you've lost your database. I can put it back together, but it's a pain in the ass. It's just like that when you have a server-based program. If you change one letter in a file name it messes it up.

You have to keep people alert on that and hope that they don't mess with your program. But that's the only reason. Do I prefer Logikcull? Yes, I do. Does Eclipse SE de-duplicate? Not unless you buy a separate little program for it — everything is separate. You can add-on to that program but I just think that there are some things that should just be part of an e-discovery program. Unfortunately, Eclipse thinks that they should be pieced out separately.

There's, de-dup for Logikcull. There's the ease of popping it in and it's fast. The minute you put it in, you can watch it. You can literally watch it processing. What Logikcull does automatically is it turns everything into images — TIFF images. In Eclipse, you have to do that as a separate step. I literally have to go through that process and do that myself.

The initial setup is straightforward. You have your world that you live in with all of your cases. You log in, you open up your first case with your first client, and you drop a step in. It automatically de-duplicates, which is great. It's there immediately. Then it has pre-programmed tags that you would expect. Then it's super easy. If I can do it, anybody can do it.

I do all of it myself. I can't say that "If I can do it, anybody can do it", as literally there are paralegals in the office that won't touch it because they're petrified of it because it's technology.

Not everybody can do it because they're afraid of it. If you realize the benefits to the client, you would be remiss in not using it. I'm the only one in the office, literally out of three paralegals who knows how to use the product. The attorneys could use it for tagging, but that's all I give them the ability to do. I don't trust them with anything else.

You can limit their ability to do things. Like, "Okay. You can only do tags." They can't produce out because if they do, you might never be able to get back to where you were before. So I limit it only to them creating tags.

We've seen a big ROI with this solution. Obviously we wouldn't be doing this unless we can give value to our clients.

Logikcull is very expensive. I wish it were less expensive.

You can add as many users as you want at no additional costs. I can have five attorneys, and three paralegals, give them access to it and people from the outside and you're not charged extra.

Pricing is on a monthly basis. We get charged monthly because our data changes every month. You get charged by the client. You can parse out the expense for each client. Just open up a case for a client and you're charged something like $25 bucks per gigabyte to upload and process the stuff. Then for storing the data it's a straight $250 — including tech support.

I've looked at other programs like DISCO and others. We've used Concordance — that's an old school one. We've had some other people try to convince us to go to another product, but Logikcull is my favorite.

What other advice do I have?

A lot of different law firms call me and say, "Which program should I use?" I automatically recommend Logikcull because of the ease of use.

There are great programs out there created by people who understand ESI who know that the process is cumbersome. The last thing a law firm wants to do is worry about tech-related stuff.

A company that creates a program that doesn't require its entire staff to have an IT degree to figure it out is very nice. That way, it's accessible to everybody in the firm. It's really important for a law firm to get comfortable with ESI because lawyers have an ethical duty to understand ESI, and electronically stored information. If they don't, they're going to get themselves in trouble — I've seen it happen.

The goal with Logikcull was to say, "We know you hate this, but we're going to make it accessible so that everybody can use it." And that's what they did.

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give Logikcull a rating of nine.

Private Cloud
    E-Discovery Senior Analyst at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    A user-friendly eDiscovery software, but lacks an AI-based technology-assisted review feature.
    • "The most valuable feature which I found was that it was very user-friendly. It's a very new age-friendly tech for uploading the data into the software. It also has a wonderful representation of data in terms of dashboards and pivot charts where you get your data represented in various angles and projections."
    • "It would be better if they could include a technology-assisted review feature, which brings artificial intelligence into the cloud and the system itself. It would be great savings in terms of time and costs as you won't have a person manually going into a dense asset of documents and doing it."

What is our primary use case?

Logikcull is a new age technology tool for projects involving litigation support, which will be eDiscovery related projects where the main functionalities of the tool being uploading data, searching, processing, and then downloading it to a reviewer friendly format, which can be used for producing at a court of law or for out of court settlements.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature which I found was that it was very user-friendly. It's a very new age-friendly tech for uploading the data into the software. It also has a wonderful representation of data in terms of dashboards and pivot charts, where you get your data represented in various angles and projections.

They have a very niche functionality, which just involves a simple drag and drop feature. You do not need to go through any extensive coding, or you do not need to use any subsidiary tool to upload the data into it. Unlike other industry tools, you can just use the functionality and drag and drop the data into it.

The other good and versatile feature which I found was the amount of automation involved in it. They have distributed the manual work and the manual effort on the part of the professional. It supports automatic re-duplication of data, automatic scanning of data, optical character recognition, processing, and text extraction from the document.

In contrast, in other eDiscovery tools like Relativity or Nuix, you would have to do it manually. This tool takes care of it through its versatile inbuilt function, incorporating automation. Also, no physical transportation of data is required.

You can give a specific set of permissions to specific people with credentials, and they could just upload the data into the tool using the simple drag and drop feature. No hard drives will be required, and no write blockers. You have a set of data, and you give the credentials to a certain professional who has the access and the right to upload the data, and it is done.

A final aspect which I really found very cool was that it provides very cool features like uploading a picture on social media, which is very user-friendly. You don't find it a lot with other tools.

There are also some other functionalities. For example, while processing data, some other things are taken into account, like hidden content. These are like the speaker notes and annotations, which would require extensive searching in other tools. This tool just easily reveals it.

What needs improvement?

It would be better if they could include a technology-assisted review feature, which brings artificial intelligence into the cloud and the system itself. It would be great savings in terms of time and costs as you won't have a person manually going into a dense asset of documents and doing it.

For example, the technology-assisted review is a system that has been recently introduced by a counterpart tool called Relativity, where attorneys would review a set of documents that will be eventually produced in a court of law.

They introduce artificial intelligence and machine learning in the form of a technology-assisted review. The system reads the documents that you have coded or found responsive to be produced. It finds similar documents based on the content and the structure of the document, which is basically AI incorporated into the technology.

I have found that it is actually useful for small to medium-sized firms to use on an ad-hoc basis. It's perfect for a medium-sized or small-sized firm involved in fewer litigation support processes. If you have extensive litigation projects involving many clients, you might want to go for the standard tools like Relativity.

Compared to day-to-day processes because it has the functionality of pay-as-you-go. It doesn't have an hourly system of billing, which most other tools have. When this tool was created, they wanted to break free from the market standards. If you want more features, you can pay a fee, and you can go ahead with your cases.

Technical support is one of the best features of Logikcull. I was stuck with a couple of queries in my certification processes. I contacted customer support and although they are a US-based company and it was around midnight there, they were very responsive. Within five to ten minutes, they responded and within the next ten minutes, my query was resolved. Later on, I got to know that they have a very good system of customer support, which involves 24/7/365 support, which is not just chat-based, it's actually real humans involved with customer support.

I worked on eDiscovery tools such as Relativity, Nuix, and Ringtail before I changed jobs. If you look at the electronic discovery industry's core functionality, all the tools perform the same functionality. Basically, what you do is upload a set of data. You get to process the data, which extracts certain data components, which you would like to reproduce in a court of law. If you look at the superficial aspect, all the three tools do an excellent job. But if you go on a deeper level and go more into your day-to-day work, certain differences start appearing in a manner in which certain features are better in some tools and certain features are better in the other tools. For example, in Relativity, one of the good things I found was the data security option, which was excellent compared to other tools. But one of the cons of Relativity, which generally some people complain about, is that it's a little difficult to set up than Nuix or Logikcull.

The initial setup is fairly simple. It's mostly event-based, and it's cloud-based, and you need to have your credentials. Once you have your credentials, you could log in and perform certain functionalities, which you have access to or which you have the right to.

The cost depends on the case size of the data and the number of projects they're expecting to encounter. If it's small to medium-sized, this tool will be very good because it has a pay-as-you-go feature instead of an hourly billing rate, where they bill you every hour, and you have to go through the structure from beginning to end. If you like some features, you implement them, and if you don't like them, you don't pay for them. If you want to have additional features, you can just pay for them, and you can have them.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Logikcull a six.

Download our free eDiscovery Report and find out what your peers are saying about Logikcull, IBM, kCura, and more!
    Updated: November 2022