Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Imanami GroupID OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Imanami GroupID is #6 ranked solution in top Active Directory Management tools and #11 ranked solution in top User Provisioning Software. PeerSpot users give Imanami GroupID an average rating of 8.6 out of 10. Imanami GroupID is most commonly compared to SailPoint IdentityIQ: Imanami GroupID vs SailPoint IdentityIQ. Imanami GroupID is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 60% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 26% of all views.

Download the User Provisioning Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Imanami GroupID?

Groups don’t live forever. Project teams disband, departments re-organize, and employees change status. GroupID from Imanami leverages the pervasiveness of Microsoft® Active Directory and empowers IT professionals with the tools needed to effectively provision and manage users. Users can be quickly entered into the correct distribution and security groups, and are easily managed across multiple systems.

There Are Three Main Benefits To A Complete Group Management Solution:

• Reduce the load on the IT staff and helpdesk
  • Improve employee productivity by putting users in the correct distribution groups immediately
  • Improve security by having each security group’s membership accurate immediately

Groups Are Never Out Of Date.

Users are empowered to solve common problems independently. Security and access aren’t compromised. IT is empowered with the right tools to help employees. Staff productivity goes up. What more could you want?

Imanami GroupID Customers

Grant Thornton LLP

Imanami GroupID Video

Imanami GroupID Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Imanami GroupID pricing:
  • "It is on a yearly basis, and it has the product license fee and the support for it. So, there is the licensing fee, and there is the annual maintenance that includes the support. I don't remember exactly, but we're probably paying somewhere in the neighborhood of $20,000 to $30,000 for it per year. We've got a pretty large implementation of it, and for the amount that we do, it is a pretty good deal. I would rate it a four out of five in terms of pricing."
  • "The price of the solution is reasonable."
  • Imanami GroupID Reviews

Jonathan Cauthorn - PeerSpot reviewer
    Identity and Access Management Manager at a insurance company with 201-500 employees
    Simplifies the task of managing groups and is affordable and easy to implement
    • "For each job code, we go through and determine the access they're supposed to have to the system. Based on that job code, we use the query tool and say that anybody who is in this job code gets these groups added to them, or conversely, if they change job codes, it removes the ones that they shouldn't have and adds the one they should. That runs every night, and the next day, everybody has the job codes they're supposed to have."
    • "I'd like to see a better user interface. It works, but it is clunky. There should be better import and export of LDAP queries and better management tools."

What is our primary use case?

We use it to automate role changes for users to add or move them from groups in an automated fashion based on their job code.

We're one version behind the latest one. There were some reasons they didn't want to go next.

How has it helped my organization?

For each job code, we go through and determine the access they're supposed to have to the system. Based on that job code, we use the query tool and say that anybody who is in this job code gets these groups added to them, or conversely, if they change job codes, it removes the ones that they shouldn't have and adds the one they should. That runs every night, and the next day, everybody has the job codes they're supposed to have.

What is most valuable?

The Automate feature is most valuable.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see it be able to do more than just groups. I'd like it to be able to do some things with email distribution lists as well. It can do that, but there were a few things that were limiting. It was difficult to get it set up, particularly with Azure in the cloud. I'd like that to be a little bit smoother.

We've got a ton of groups, and it does take quite a while to do nightly processing. This is something that definitely needs improvement.

User Provisioning Software
    September 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Imanami, SailPoint, One Identity and others in User Provisioning Software. Updated: September 2022.
    634,550 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been using this solution for about four years.

It is very stable. I did have one issue with a version a couple of versions ago, but since then, there have been no problems at all.

We've got so many groups, and it does take quite a while to process. It takes about six to seven hours to do its nightly processing. This is something that definitely needs improvement.

We have about 6,000 users. I am directly responsible for up to 2,000 people, but there are other people in my department who are doing other pieces.

It is being used for all our Active Directory users. So, we couldn't really expand it more. Every time we get a new employee or new job role, we have to set it up for that. So, it is basically pervasive. We've got it for all of our users. Over time, its usage will probably increase just because of the number of roles and types of things we have to do with it.

Their technical support is very good. I've called them a bunch of times. They're able to help. I would rate them a five out of five.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

I did not use a different version, and I didn't switch. It was a new company that I joined, and they were already using the product.

It was pretty simple. I would rate it a five out of five in terms of the overall experience. It was really good.

The actual deployment took about an hour. Our implementation strategy was to implement it for our multi-domain and cloud-connected infrastructure.

We did it in-house. They were on the line to help us as well.

Its deployment is a one-shot thing. Its maintenance is on an ongoing and daily basis, but that's more because of our processes and procedures. It is not really related to maintaining the product. It is related to doing and changing the things for the automation that we're trying to achieve. For the product itself, very little maintenance is required. We've got a large organization, and there are about two full-time people for it.

We have seen a return on investment, but I don't have details on that.

It is on a yearly basis, and it has the product license fee and the support for it. So, there is the licensing fee, and there is the annual maintenance that includes the support. I don't remember exactly, but we're probably paying somewhere in the neighborhood of $20,000 to $30,000 for it per year. We've got a pretty large implementation of it, and for the amount that we do, it is a pretty good deal. I would rate it a four out of five in terms of pricing.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure it covers all the functions that you need to do. It is a good product, but just make sure it is actually covering what you need to do because there are some things it doesn't do.

I would rate it a nine out of ten.

Site IT Africa Head at Moe Technology
    Overall beneficial features, reasonably priced, and scalable

What is most valuable?

I have found the overall features to be useful.

What needs improvement?

The mobile application needs to be improved and there should be chatbox features to allow users to easily reach out for assistance.

I have been using this solution for approximately two years.

Imanami GroupID is mostly stable. However, when creating new users there can be issues.

The solution is scalable. Most of our clients are medium-sized companies.

The technical support is a bit slow. They can improve by having a centralized hotline for support.

The initial setup is easy.

The price of the solution is reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise those wanting to implement this solution to do some business analysis to determine if this solution is right for them.

I rate Imanami GroupID an eight out of ten.

Download our free User Provisioning Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about Imanami, SailPoint, One Identity, and more!
    Updated: September 2022