IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Igloo OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is Igloo?

Igloo is a leading provider of digital workplace solutions, helping companies move beyond traditional intranets to inspiring digital destinations that improve communication, knowledge sharing, collaboration, and culture. All Igloo solutions are 100% cloud-based, mobile-enabled, and integrate with the leading enterprise systems and cloud apps your business relies on. By centralizing all information, Igloo provides a single-source-of-truth and enables a more productive and engaged workforce.

Igloo Customers

Asian Art Museum, The Keg, Giant Agency, Siegel+Gale, San Francisco Symphony, Top Golf, Women Tennis Association

Igloo Video

Archived Igloo Reviews (more than two years old)

it_user639447 - PeerSpot reviewer
Social Media Coordinator at a non-profit with 1-10 employees
The most valuable feature is the ability to create team spaces. Many users have requested a live-edit option for documents.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature has to be the ability to create team spaces where team members can interact with each other and with the content stored on Igloo. This includes making comments like on a blog. Another useful aspect is the access of settings. One can invite different people to participate in project planning to be a part of the company intranet, but only provide access to information that is relevant for them. Igloo also has a good calendar and to-do list functions, where individuals can either assign or be assigned tasks.

How has it helped my organization?

With many team members all around the world in different time zones, we found that working together in a structured space, rather than over email, was less chaotic. We also found that the information was better documented and organized in Igloo. To be specific: Many users have requested that Igloo implement a live-edit option for documents, such as Google Docs. This would improve the product because for now one has the option to reserve a document, edit it, and then upload an updated version meaning other team members have to wait for one person to be done before adding their contribution. If there were such a feature it would allow for more immediate direct collaboration between members of the community. However, Igloo keeps track of previous versions of the document so this feature is useful as well to see how collaboration progresses between team members.

What needs improvement?

Many users have requested that Igloo implement a live-edit option for documents. This would improve the product because, for now, one has the option to reserve a document, edit it, and then upload an updated version. But if there were such a feature, such as in Google Docs, it would allow for better collaboration between members of the community.

I have used this since May, 2015.

If stability means whether the product was always consistent, then my company has had no issues with stability. Whenever company members needed to access the intranet, it was always readily available.

We found it straightforward to expand the intranet as we found the need. However, we had difficulties getting everyone to work with the online software so as to get the best out of it. We now consider Igloo an ideal place for administrative purposes and for the administrative team.

We had one hour of training by an Igloo technical support individual. The training was extremely useful. We had some technical issues, but often found solutions or received solutions through the Igloo Help Center.

Igloo is very user-friendly. We initially set up the space and then used the one-hour training to fix any glitches encountered.

Perhaps before upgrading to a paid version, it would be useful to make your members take a survey of whether or not they would use a tool like this. This was our main issue.

We chose Igloo out of three possible options. Igloo was the cheapest and had the best set of functions useful for our purposes. We considered Trello and another one, but I do not remember the name.

What other advice do I have?

Once again, doing a survey with your team members to get an idea of their thoughts is extremely important. Igloo has a free version and offers demos, and we strongly recommend doing this. Perhaps requesting demos of several online project management solutions would be the best case scenario. This helps one figure out which would be the best for the individual needs of their team and the experience creates a better informed survey.
Director of Strategy and Evaluation at a non-tech company with 501-1,000 employees
It gives us the ability to create "spaces" for our schools. They also have a developers' widget which lets us to have fun as developers.

Valuable Features:

It gives us the ability to create "spaces" for our schools. They also have a developers' widget which lets us to have fun as developers.

Improvements to My Organization:

It's allowed us to build a shared archive of communication for each division of our company.

Room for Improvement:

I look forward to an update to their text editor.

Deployment Issues:

We haven't had issues with deployment.

Stability Issues:

We haven't had issues with stability.

Scalability Issues:

We haven't had issues with scalability.

Program Director - Education and Technology Innovation Solutions with 51-200 employees
Igloo is an intranet you'll actually like.

What is most valuable?

Real Time communication anytime to team members in Dubai or in Toronto.

Team members can collaborate and work on projects together, communicate in real time, even if they’re located on the other side of the world from one another and in different time zones.

Multiple ways to communicate – Write it once and send it once, and distribute it to a select few or the many, easily, easy to follow visual email thread, Wikis, Forum, Broadcasts.

Easy Files sharing - Searching and Finding Information/Data

Great GUI, easy to use

How has it helped my organization?

Streamline and organize - better work flow and less time spent of juggling multiple applications in different places.

Improved Remote Team Management and Communications.

Easy and fast to get Team trained and started, has tools the Team already know how to use, our knowledge repository is in one place, and searching and retrieving content is properly filed and organized.

What needs improvement?

Hoping they include "the ability to communicate and have face time" within your own space.

6 months

No, easy to configure, has widgets, have a technical IT staff who found the "drag and drop" approach easy to architect.

No issues, up and available most times, we have a geographically dispersed team and multiple time zone, so availability rates high on our list.

Small Not For Profit organization with 10 - 15 users and meets our needs with the ability and flexibility to scale when we grow.

Excellent customer service, responsive, hand-holding if needed.

Responsive, allocated a regular account manager and "tech guy" who developed a relationship with us that was responsive to our needs.

Yes, Google Drive. Igloo has better security, able to architect our internal intranet to meet the needs of partners, team members and visitor specifically.

Straight forward, drag and drop interface, widgets, easy roles and permission set up for access, our "tech guy" had fun.

In house

Yes. Mangoes, Central Desktop.

What other advice do I have?

Cost effective, budget friendly for a small organization, short start up and training time for team members.