iCIMS Recruit OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

iCIMS Recruit is the #11 ranked solution in best Applicant Tracking Systems. PeerSpot users give iCIMS Recruit an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. iCIMS Recruit is most commonly compared to Jobvite: iCIMS Recruit vs Jobvite. iCIMS Recruit is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 59% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 16% of all views.

Download the Applicant Tracking and Recruiting Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is iCIMS Recruit?

Position Yourself as an Employer of Choice
According to the Talent Board, candidates rank company career sites as the most important tool for researching career opportunities. Enhance yours so candidates can explore your vision and values, as well as open positions. You'll make a stronger impression and forge deeper connections.

Streamline the Candidate Experience Across Multiple ATSs
Create a single, streamlined experience for candidates and HR alike, regardless of your technology environment. You'll ease administration on your end, and improve the candidate experience in the process.

Use Best-in-Class CRM Tools to Measure, Manage, and Market
Keep talent pools warm and informed, simplify administration, and track it all via dashboard analytics. You'll stay top of mind with candidates, and on top of your game 24/7.

iCIMS Recruit Customers
NorthStar Anesthesia, Southeastern Grocers, AmTrust Financial, RPM Pizza, Hackensack Meridian Health, Esurance, Peet’s Coffee, Regis Corporation, Cedar Fair

iCIMS Recruit Reviews

Cheryl Cole - PeerSpot reviewer
Sr. Benefits and HRIS Analyst at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good documentation and customization with fairly straightforward setup
  • "The solution offers good customization and good dashboards."
  • "If reporting could be more robust, that would be phenomenal."

What is our primary use case?

Recruiting and onboarding

How has it helped my organization?

We've streamlined both our recruiting and onboarding processes.  Before COVID, half our population was remote.  Then, of course, when COVID hit we did all of our hiring remote.  We were quickly able to switch to full time remote recruiting for all new hires.

At the moment, there are no face to face with potential employees, it's all done online. We also have Modern Hire integrated in the platform, which is a video interviewing software.  Modern Hire is what we were using for the individuals we were initially hiring remotely in the first place.

What is most valuable?

For the most part, it works for our needs and when it doesn't, we can adjust it to our requirements.

The solution is very user-friendly.

They have iForms that we can use for both recruiting and onboarding. In fact, we were looking at going to a new Core System and the reason we didn't is due to the fact that their recruiting tool was not anywhere close to what iCIMS offers.

The solution's technical support and documentation is very good.

I would say it's pretty stable. Over time, I've seen them build on their platform, make improvements, enhance the user experience, and continue to gather feedback for improvement from end users.

The solution offers good customization and good dashboards.

What needs improvement?

If reporting could be more robust, that would be phenomenal. Any time you're obviously dumping into Excel and having to manually manipulate data it takes time. It would be great if we could do everything in the platform.

They do offer some great products. I wish it was all bundled together. They have an Offer Suite you have to pay additional for, which would be great if it was included with their initial product.

There are items as a system admin we should have access to change.  I do believe iCIMS is working on a certificate solution, where we would be allowed to make some of those changes ourselves.

Applicant Tracking and Recruiting Software
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about iCIMS, Jobvite, phenom people and others in Applicant Tracking and Recruiting Software. Updated: November 2022.
656,474 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We've had iCIMS since April of 2016.

I do think the solution is scalable. Over time, they've done things like bring in TextRecruit.  I do see them getting larger.

We are an organization that has an employee population of around 1400. In terms of our team, there are two admins, myself and an individual from IT.  We have three recruiters and an HR coordinator.

We use the product every day.

Technical support is helpful. They are good at walking you through resolving the issue.  They also have a robust knowledge base where you can search for articles when troubleshooting or even making changes to the platform.

The technical support team is responsive.

We've been satisfied with the level of service.

We used to use UltiPro, which is now UKG.

When I started working on this project, I personally did not use the old UltiPro Recruiting platform.  iCIMS has email campaigns and other functions where we can leverage the platform that Core Systems do not have yet.

My understanding is that we switched since UltiPro Recruiting was an old product with no conversion roadmap to their new product.  We wanted something more robust on ATS and onboarding.  We did recruit first and then we moved to using onboarding, which has been great. I can't imagine trying to do all of this without having the onboarding system as well.

The initial setup isn't complex at all. It's very straightforward and simple.

However, when it's not straightforward, their customer service is excellent. If it's something I'm not sure I have access to change, I will open a help desk ticket and they will help guide me through it.

I want to say it was four to six weeks in terms of deployment time.  This included the training, the data, the customization, and getting the data migration.

We did keep our old ATS open for a little while.  We closed out some jobs in the old one and then started fresh in the new ones for tracking purposes.

The solution doesn't require too much maintenance.

We implemented through an in-house team.  There were about seven people involved in the process.

I have noticed an ROI mostly from the time saved. We find that there's an efficiency in terms of how our recruiters can go through, do the whole process and see everybody at a glance.  Levering onboarding has also helped us to be more efficient, help with soft boarding, and complete all new hire paperwork remotely.

One always wishes to get the solution for a little less; however, we just went through our contract renewal.  We did an early contract renewal to help with the costs and iCIMS was great.  When we negotiated with them on how our increase would work, we came to an agreement that work for both of us.  We needed more flexibility due to a previously bad year.

We get so many licenses and that all changes with our renewal. Before, we had to pay extra for additional iForms, licenses, and portals.  Now it's all included.

What other advice do I have?

I'm the system administrator for our organization. I do the configuration and troubleshooting. I'm also part of the PEP with iCIMS, which is the Product Experience Panel.  The PEP gets to give input and test out new products ICIMS is offering.  I also get my recruiters to participate, so that they get feedback on what would be user-friendly on the backend and what works for us.  As part of the PEP we also get to see roadmaps, which is great!

Often companies will take a current process and shove it into the new system and think it's going to work miracles. I would suggest doing a current state map and a future state map.  By mapping out how you what your future state to look, you will have a better idea on how you want the process to look and then leverage iCIMS to make it happen. If you are not happy with your current process, automating the bad process isn't going to make it any better.

In general, I would rate them at an eight out of ten. I'm happy with the solution; however, I do still see some room for improvement.

Download our free Applicant Tracking and Recruiting Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about iCIMS, Jobvite, phenom people, and more!
Updated: November 2022