IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

IBM QualityStage OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the Data Quality Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is IBM QualityStage?
IBM QualityStage is a foundational component for your data quality and information governance initiatives. It helps you create and maintain consistent views of key entities including customers, vendors, locations and products. This lets you investigate, cleanse and manage your data.

IBM QualityStage was previously known as QualityStage.

IBM QualityStage Customers
PRO BTP, Gachon University Gil Hospital, Sicoob, NICE Systems, Integra LifeSciences Corp.
IBM QualityStage Video

Archived IBM QualityStage Reviews (more than two years old)

it_user154311 - PeerSpot reviewer
BI Technical Arquitect with 1,001-5,000 employees
If you install everything on the same box, the installation process is easy.

What is most valuable?

Data Profiling and Data Cleansing features.

How has it helped my organization?

I work for a company which provides solutions to the customers using this software

What needs improvement?

Predefined rules implementation depending on the industry

4 years

July 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Informatica, Trillium and others in Data Quality. Updated: July 2022.
621,548 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The installation process will depend on the solution topology from the infrastructure point of view. But if you go for the easy way (Everything installed on the same box) the installation process is easy.

No significant stability issues found.

No significant scalability issues found.

Customer service is really good.

Customer service will depend on the support you buy, but I would say the the support up to now has been really good.

I have checked out IDQ and IDE (Informatica)

It's difficult to get the overall knowledge if you are coming from java or similar engages.

In-house

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution depending on the Data Quality Issues you have.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: IBM partner
it_user147546 - PeerSpot reviewer
Application Systems Security Tech at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Has allowed my teams of developers to transfer data quickly and easily from SQL databases into Oracle databases.

Valuable Features

As an administrator the most valuable tools are the Admin client and IBM Information Server. These tools allow me to create and maintain projects as well as create and maintain user security.

Improvements to My Organization

This application has allowed my teams of developers to transfer data quickly and easily from SQL databases into Oracle databases. The application also allows my teams to easily create and run batch jobs.

Room for Improvement

As an administrator I would appreciate a more condensed installation guide. The amount of information is overwhelming for the install. With all the necessary installation steps spread out over multiple web forms installation is difficult the first time. It would also be helpful for the educational assistant links to be linked to the directions relevant to those steps. It is very time consuming to search for a tutorial relevant to the specific step of the install.

Use of Solution

I have supported this tool within my company for two and a half years. We previously used version 8.1 and last year upgraded to version 8.7.

I did encounter issues during the install. For most issues the concierge service only sent me links to documentation I already had. Once I was given a dedicated resource to assist in troubleshooting the level of support was great.

Yes we have encountered issues with stability. After a successful import and compile of all of our jobs, they would have a “Not compiled” status in Director. Our IBM resource stated we would need to change the odbc file to list a default parameter. This seems to be a common issue with this product, however, I could not find this detailed in the installation documentation. We have also noticed that the tnsnames entry for the oracle database does not connect properly using the full database naming convention. However, when setting up connections to other databases the full path can be used.

No, we have found the product to be very scalable for our company’s purposes.

Customer Service: I have only requested support twice and each time support was very good once I was given a dedicated resource.Technical Support: The support is very good once given a dedicated resource. It is difficult to get a dedicated resource when first requested. The initial response is a link to documentation. This would be helpful to others who have not gone through the documentation but a little frustrating when submitting a support issue after going through the documentation.

Initial setup was complex. The documentation is not very straightforward and a little difficult to navigate. Because of the large choice of installation options it would be helpful to be able to filter more on the specific architecture being used for each install. It would also be helpful to have links to the Education Assistant included in the sections that are relevant to that section.

Implementation Team

We implemented through an in-house team, which consisted of our DBA and myself.

Other Advice

My advice would be to review all relevant installation documentation in advance. Bookmark the relevant pages as well as the Education Assistant tutorials relevant to your install. If this is the first install engage a vendor team.
July 2022
621,548 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user3882 - PeerSpot reviewer
IT Administrator at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Good for experienced users but not for novices

Valuable Features:

QualityStage remains unique in the Information Server suite. It’s the best standalone single purchase of the entire suite ever released. Indeed, it is distinguished in terms of single data quality tool for scope and performance as it runs on an extremely scalable parallel architecture.

Room for Improvement:

• It’s good for experienced users and not for novices. • Has little attraction for Data Warehouses and dimensional models. • It’s not required when dealing with codes and numbers

Other Advice:

QualityStage eases data migration as it permits merging and cleaning for a brand new application. It’s got an in-built GUI design across both ETL and data quality functions, it's got a huge variety of source and targets comprising native parallel connectivity to Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata and DB2. These days I would choose it by default as compared to any other product.
it_user3876 - PeerSpot reviewer
it_user3876Database Manager at a tech company with 51-200 employees

Can we use QualityStage with MySQL database? And if we compare performance of QualityStage with DataStage, than which tool will you recommend?

it_user1092 - PeerSpot reviewer
Developer with 10,001+ employees
Gartner rightly placed QualityStage in the leader's quadrant of Data Quality Tools, as it is one of the best enterprise-level data quality tools available.

Valuable Features:

Best profiling tool available, scalablity, automatic linking between data and business glossary, parallel framework, accurate probabilistic matching, scientific justification of matching

Room for Improvement:

There is a longer deployment time, it is a complex cost model, and has a longer learning curve as it is meant for complex cleansing. It is not a good choice for simple data profiling projects or for small enterprises.

Other Advice:

It was chosen by our organization for the implementation of CRM and Datawarehouse initiatives, in order to address various data quality issues, along with Info-sphere Information Server Data Integration, which greatly reduced our implementation time. It was mainly used for data cleansing and customer data enrichment by using its powerful probabilistic matching technology for customer and household views consolidation.
Download our free Data Quality Report and find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Informatica, Trillium, and more!
Updated: July 2022