IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

IBM Integrated Analytics System OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the Data Warehouse Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is IBM Integrated Analytics System?
The IBM Smart Analytics System provides analytics capabilities on a data warehouse foundation. This integrated and optimized system combines advanced software with IBM server and storage hardware to address a range of analytics workloads and accelerate deployment to help achieve greater efficiency, lower cost and higher performance.

IBM Integrated Analytics System was previously known as Smart Analytics System, IBM Smart Analytics System.

IBM Integrated Analytics System Customers
WIdO AOK, EEKA Fashion, SSGC, GS Retail
IBM Integrated Analytics System Video

Archived IBM Integrated Analytics System Reviews (more than two years old)

Senior Information Management Specialist at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
They deliver a canned, scalable solution, but I would like to see the TSA scripts available publicly.

What is most valuable?

With a solid DB2 foundation, it performs incredibly and I recently implemented the new BLU Acceleration, and was dumbfounded that hour-long queries took minutes, in the correct scenario, of course.

How has it helped my organization?

From a consultant point of view, I can step in and immediately know the system. I do not have to spend time understanding the architecture, but can focus on understanding the business issues.

What needs improvement?

The HA -  it's a good solution, but I feel IBM should provide the necessary scripts so you can destroy the TSA domain and rebuild it easily.

I implement and support ISAS and PDOA’s, including hybrid versions for multiple clients, and High Availability options via TSA.
Data Warehouse
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Oracle, Micro Focus and others in Data Warehouse. Updated: June 2022.
608,010 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Not really, apart from what I mentioned above. I would like to see the TSA scripts available publicly.

No issues encountered.

The whole BCU/ISAS/PDOA is geared for scalability, but keep in mind that you will want to move 50TB of data around to optimize query performance IBM addressed the situation with their “fast redistribute” technology.

I would say my customers like the ease of administration.

The setup is done by IBM Services. They deliver a canned, scalable solution and I have worked on a number of projects, creating hybrid ISAS/PDOA systems and even cloning production systems to be development environments.

Most customers go to IBM, or a business partner. My former teammates at IBM are veterans and I would encourage people to go with IBM Lab Services.

That’s why IBM has sales-people, but I’m an IT techie/architect but I will however state that DB2 comes with a 90-day trial license and please make sure to run db2licm and license it, properly. Doing this will avoid calling customer support and suffering an outage.

What other advice do I have?

Know your business, and know your requirements.
Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: I work through Xtivia, a Premium IBM Business partner, and I worked 20 years out of the IBM Toronto Lab.
Download our free Data Warehouse Report and find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Oracle, Micro Focus, and more!
Updated: June 2022