IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

HPE Proliant ML OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

HPE Proliant ML is #1 ranked solution in top Tower Servers. PeerSpot users give HPE Proliant ML an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. HPE Proliant ML is most commonly compared to Dell PowerEdge T: HPE Proliant ML vs Dell PowerEdge T. HPE Proliant ML is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 56% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 31% of all views.
What is HPE Proliant ML?
HP ProLiant ML expandable tower servers are ideal for remote and branch offices in need of low-risk networking, file-and-print and shared Internet access solutions, and provide maximum internal storage and I/O flexibility. Many small to medium-sized businesses rely on HP ProLiant ML expandable tower servers for the highest level of efficiency, insight and control. HP expandable servers deliver decades of engineering and integration experience designed to speed the implementation of new business computing technology.

HPE Proliant ML was previously known as HP Proliant ML.

HPE Proliant ML Customers
Kenya Ports Authority, RAK Ceramics, Continental Resources
HPE Proliant ML Video

HPE Proliant ML Pricing Advice

What users are saying about HPE Proliant ML pricing:
  • "The ML series is cheaper than other products, and everything is included with the standard licensing fees."
  • "The price of HPE Proliant ML is very good. If we are partners, we have courses to attend and exams to do, but we buy more or less at the same price as everybody else. We have a small discount which should be increased."
  • HPE Proliant ML Reviews

SAIF Rahman - PeerSpot reviewer
    Network Admin at ALRASHID ABETONG
    Easy to set up and use, with technical support that is both good and readily available
    • "The most valuable feature is the technical support, which is both good and available easily."
    • "I think that the RAID support can be improved because it is not very effective compared to the DL series."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use these as file servers. Rarely, we use them for applications.

We are in a physical environment. We have a head office that is based in Saudi Arabia, as well as a second one.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the technical support, which is both good and available easily.

What needs improvement?

I think that the RAID support can be improved because it is not very effective compared to the DL series. Generally, scalability can be improved.

I would like to see a centralized monitoring system for the ML series, where we can see all of them in one place. Something like InfoSight would work well.

We have bee using the Proliant series for about 12 years, since perhaps 2008. We used to buy a new one every three to four years.

These servers are stable and we have never had an issue.

The Proliant ML is not very scalable because we can hardly increase the memory. The RAID support is also much less than what you get with the DL series.

We have between 10 and 15 Proliant servers and hundreds of users.

HPE support is both good and easy to find, especially compared to competitors.

There are two or three local partners in this area and they're good.

We are also using the DL series. We primarily use these, as opposed to the ML series. The DL is better, for sure, because it's a little more high-end.

The initial setup is simple and there is nothing complicated about it. You really just have to turn it on because it's just the backend. After that, it depends on your software and what you're going to install, but it's open and ready to use.

Our in-house team implemented and deployed our servers. We have a service maintenance team of between three and five people, and we also have partners.

If there is maintenance that needs to be done and it is an issue under warranty then they will come and fix it, or sometimes give us a replacement. All of the other things are done here.

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that I would certainly recommend because they are the easiest and simplest form of servers available here in the market. It's easy to use for any purpose.

I would rate this solution and eight out of ten.

Sales Engineer at SGE
    Leaderboard
    High part availability, reliable, and simple implementation
    • "The most valuable feature of HPE Proliant ML is the high availability of the parts. It's easy to find parts, such as replacements or spares. Additionally, we have a good relationship with the brand which is important."
    • "The technical support from HPE Proliant ML could improve. They are not as fast as they should be. When you have an SLA contractor, they don't give you the parts quickly, it can take weeks sometimes."

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of HPE Proliant ML is the high availability of the parts. It's easy to find parts, such as replacements or spares. Additionally, we have a good relationship with the brand which is important.

I have been using HPE Proliant ML for approximately eight years.

HPE Proliant ML is stable.

I have found HPE Proliant ML to be scalable.

We have approximately seven people using this solution in our company.

The technical support from HPE Proliant ML could improve. They are not as fast as they should be. When you have an SLA contractor, they don't give you the parts quickly, it can take weeks sometimes.

When you open a ticket, there is always a long procedure. You have to restart the system and upgrade etc etcetera, but it's something that we usually do by ourselves. We don't need support. It takes a few hours, maybe days to get all the answers, such as you have to update, or you have to restart. That takes a lot of time. Then when you need a part, especially in this period where there is a shortage problem, they don't always have it in the shortest way possible. Sometimes it takes days to have a hard drive or memory delivered.

The initial setup of HPE Proliant ML is easy.

The price of HPE Proliant ML is very good. If we are partners, we have courses to attend and exams to do, but we buy more or less at the same price as everybody else. We have a small discount which should be increased.

We don't have a reason why we decided on HPE Proliant ML instead of Dell or something else, we found out it's the most available in the market and this is why we chose it.

What other advice do I have?

I rate HPE Proliant ML an eight out of ten.