Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

HiT Software DBMoto OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

HiT Software DBMoto is #10 ranked solution in top Data Replication tools. PeerSpot users give HiT Software DBMoto an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. HiT Software DBMoto is most commonly compared to Syniti Data Replication: HiT Software DBMoto vs Syniti Data Replication. HiT Software DBMoto is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 70% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 24% of all views.

Download the Data Replication Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is HiT Software DBMoto?

HiT Software DBMoto provides an optimal data replication and Change Data Capture solution based on open standards, which enables an IT crew or systems integrator to implement cost-effective, extensible solutions across heterogeneous databases, high-speed analytic systems/platforms and Cloud-based systems

HiT Software DBMoto was previously known as DBMoto.

HiT Software DBMoto Customers

JAS Forwarding Worldwide, Animal, Financiera Pagos Internacionales C.F., Bur de Credito, Qualitas-IT, EFCO Corporation, Andrews Consulting, ASL Modena, BancAssurance Popolari S.p.A., Banco BICSA, Cheshire County Council, Epson Precision, Ferrari North America

HiT Software DBMoto Video

Archived HiT Software DBMoto Reviews (more than two years old)

reviewer1077405 - PeerSpot reviewer
User at a government with 1,001-5,000 employees
Replication monitor feature is helpful in that it allows a quick view of the status, errors, and results of the last replication
  • "DBMoto was very simple to set up and move our tables to the Oracle DB."
  • "This product would be improved with additional built-in functions for simpler date conversion, as well as for data type transformations."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is to replicate files from IBM iSeries DB2 to Oracle RAC.

How has it helped my organization?

DBMoto was very simple to set up and move our tables to the Oracle DB. There were also some transformations that needed to take place.

It worked fine for our implementation of scheduled refreshes and continuous mirroring.  We have not yet set up any synchronization replications.

What is most valuable?

We appreciate the ease of use in this solution. It looks like File Explorer, where you set up your source and targets. Replications are created simply by using the replication wizard. It also has functionality for scheduling, verification, and alerts.

The ability to write code for transformations is very useful. Once the replications are set up it is simple to maintain. The Replication monitor is helpful in that it allows a quick view of the status, errors, and results of the last replication. Replication logs and history files are very useful for determining problematic data issues. The transaction latency tool is also helpful for determining how many connections are required for larger files.

The replication types that are available are: Refresh Only, Continuous, and Synchronization.  We currently use Refresh Only (scheduled refreshes), and Continuous. The source and target table verification is very helpful for running checks. The Replication Monitor is also a great plus, which shows a quick view of the replication status.

What needs improvement?

This product would be improved with additional built-in functions for simpler date conversion, as well as for data type transformations.

Data Replication
September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about HiT Software, JumpMind, Syniti and others in Data Replication. Updated: September 2022.
635,162 professionals have used our research since 2012.

More than five years.

The stability of this solution is ninety-five percent.

With respect to the scalability, the product works fine in our multi-platform environment (iSeries to Oracle).

The technical support is very good.

We did not use a solution prior to this one.

The setup for this solution is straightforward.

We implemented the solution ourselves with some assistance from their support.

We have not calculated the ROI, but this solution has saved us a lot of time.

I found the price to be quite reasonable. No setup cost, it is that easy.

We did evaluate other options, one of which was Oracle, before choosing this solution.

What other advice do I have?

Nice solution for simple data replication. Great that it works with iSeries DB2.

Download our free Data Replication Report and find out what your peers are saying about HiT Software, JumpMind, Syniti, and more!
Updated: September 2022