IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Hillstone T-Series OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Hillstone T-Series is #32 ranked solution in best firewalls. PeerSpot users give Hillstone T-Series an average rating of 7.0 out of 10. Hillstone T-Series is most commonly compared to Fortinet FortiGate: Hillstone T-Series vs Fortinet FortiGate. Hillstone T-Series is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 58% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 40% of all views.

Download the Firewalls Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is Hillstone T-Series?

Hillstone’s T-Series intelligent Next-Generation Firewall (iNGFW) uses three key technologies to detect advanced attacks and provide continuous threat defense for today’s networks. First, it uses statistical clustering to detect unknown malware, leveraging the patented Hillstone Advanced Threat Detection engine (ATD). Second, it uses behavioral analytics to detect anomalous network behavior, which is based on the Hillstone Abnormal Behavior Detection engine (ABD). Finally, it leverages the Hillstone threat correlation analysis engine to correlate threat events detected by disparate engines – including ATD, ABD, Sandbox and other traditional signature-based threat detection technologies – along with context information to identify advanced threats.

Hillstone T-Series was previously known as Hillstone T-Series Intelligent Next-Generation Firewalls, Hillstone iNGFW.

Hillstone T-Series Customers

University of Córdoba

Hillstone T-Series Video

Hillstone T-Series Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Hillstone T-Series pricing:
"We got a much cheaper price than that provided by Fortinet right now."

Hillstone T-Series Reviews

Senior Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Customizable reports with advanced threat protection
  • "The only firewall able to monitor traffic from a CCTV network. Can detect unauthorized devices plugged into the network, which standard firewalls can't do."
  • "Licensing is not cheap."

What is our primary use case?

I think Hillstone is probably the only firewall that's able to monitor traffic from a CCTV network. A lot of properties today are protected by CCTV cameras, so most of them are IP based. They plug them into to the switch and for most of these cameras, they receive and send data images back to the CCTV network. Normally, a firewall can't detect these kinds of networks because it's blinded by that section.

How has it helped my organization?

Hillstone supports IOT setup and detecting intrusions from IOT or CCTV connectivity. Not all other standard firewalls can do that. With this solution, we can also detect unauthorized devices plugged into the CCTV network and sound the alarm to the administrator.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of the T-Series is the reports you can customize and generate. What everybody wants from the firewall at the end of the day are the reports they can share with management or whoever.

Hillstone also does what we call "advanced threat detection." Before the threat comes in, you can already detect the threat and they're able to mitigate the threat before it actually comes to the network.

What needs improvement?

Whatever improvements I wanted, they put on the A-Series. The new A-Series recently launched a few months ago. It has all the bells and whistles, so I can't complain anymore.

Firewalls
July 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Hillstone Networks, Fortinet, Cisco and others in Firewalls. Updated: July 2022.
620,600 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I've been using it for two and a half years.

Licensing is not cheap, but there are customers who will buy because they understand that this has a cost involved and they will cater their budget for that.

Prices per year vary depending on the model, but normally, the basic one costs about 200 or 300 bucks. It's not that expensive, it's very affordable.

What other advice do I have?

I would give this solution a nine out of ten because it's very reliable software. It gets done and I haven't heard any complaints yet from any users.

Asif Hasan - PeerSpot reviewer
Product Manager at Integra Technologies Limited
Is stable but needs to improve communication issues with technical support
  • "It has been stable so far."
  • "They have a very good technical support team, but I think there are some communication issues due to language differences."

What is most valuable?

Price wise, Hillstone T-Series is cheaper than Fortinet FortiGate right now.

It has been stable so far.

Also, Hillstone T-Series has a good technical support team.

What needs improvement?

Although Hillstone T-Series has a good technical support team, the communication issues could be improved.

The initial setup is a little bit more complex.

We have been using it for about three months.

So far, the stability has been okay, but we need to test how it will perform under more stress. We currently have it deployed on-premises and have not put the box under much stress.

They have a very good technical support team, but I think there are some communication issues due to language differences.

From the feedback I've heard from my team, I think the initial setup is easy. However, compared to that of FortiGate, the setup is a little more complex for Hillstone T-Series.

We have a one year license for testing.

In terms of price, we got a much cheaper price than that provided by Fortinet right now.

What other advice do I have?

We found some limitations with Fortinet FortiGate, and we are satisfied with Hillstone T-Series right now. I would rate it at five on a scale from one to ten.