FortiMonitor OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

FortiMonitor is the #7 ranked solution in top IT Alerting and Incident Management tools, #50 ranked solution in Infrastructure Monitoring tools, and #54 ranked solution in best Network Monitoring Tools. PeerSpot users give FortiMonitor an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. FortiMonitor is most commonly compared to LogicMonitor: FortiMonitor vs LogicMonitor. FortiMonitor is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 52% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 18% of all views.

Download the Network Monitoring Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2023

What is FortiMonitor?

Panopta provides advanced network and server monitoring for online businesses and service providers. They go beyond providing basic monitoring to give operations teams the tools they need to detect issues before they occur and minimize the impact of outages or slow load time.

FortiMonitor was previously known as Panopta.

FortiMonitor Customers
SONY, GoDaddy, HCL, ING, ARMOR, billboard

FortiMonitor Pricing Advice

What users are saying about FortiMonitor pricing:
  • "We have a large customer base for Fortinet, and the additional buying power got us really great discounts."
  • "The price of FortiMonitor is approximately $200 annually for 225 users. The price is competitive."
  • FortiMonitor Reviews

Product Director at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Reseller
    Proactive monitoring, reliable, and supports dual-factor authentication
    • "The most valuable feature of this solution is what the devices are used for. We have big backups for our Cradlepoint solutions, but FortiMonitor is a great routing device and we love working with them."
    • "We use FortiToken, and it's a pain to use because you have to send things through your phone and then confirm by email. Only after this can you log in. It's dual-factor authentication. I wish that I could just log in or bring up a dashboard where I could log in from."

What is our primary use case?

FortiMonitor is used for high-level up and down monitoring, as well as proactive management and monitoring.

What is most valuable?

FortiMonitor is a great compliment to Cradlepoint.

The most valuable feature of this solution is what the devices are used for. We have big backups for our Cradlepoint solutions, but FortiMonitor is a great routing device and we love working with them.

This solution supports dual-factor authentication.

What needs improvement?

I have had a few problems when connecting from home. When I work at the office, however, I have no trouble with it.

FortiMonitor's stability is great. Unless the carrier has a network outage, they stay up and work.

Network Monitoring Software
    January 2023
    Find out what your peers are saying about Fortinet, SolarWinds, LogicMonitor and others in Network Monitoring Software. Updated: January 2023.
    670,400 professionals have used our research since 2012.

FortiMonitor is scalable.

We deploy, approximately 1,000 per month.

I can't offer a number for all of our corporate users. We do retail, people going into businesses, people dealing with businesses, one on one, or, one to 100 things. Because we are not direct clients, I can't disclose anything about my business, but I can tell what we resell to other people.

We use the FortiClient firewall and there are approximately 2,400 users.

We did use another solution. However, we have switched to Fortinet because of the discounts we have been given. Our choice basically came down to price.

I was not involved with the initial setup of this solution.

We require API integrations with our own network, therefore I assume we have 60 employees watching it 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

What other advice do I have?

We are FortiMonitor partners as well as Fortinet platinum partners.

I would rate FortiMonitor an eight out of ten.

Sutjipto Budiman - PeerSpot reviewer
    Director at Widya Presisi Solusi
    Beneficial user monitoring, integrates well, and centralized management
    • "The most valuable feature of FortiMonitor is user monitoring. We are able to see if the user is following the policy or not from their system. Additionally, the solution integrates well with Fortinet FortiGate and has centralized management."
    • "FortiMonitor could improve by having compatibility with other operating systems, such as Linux."

What is our primary use case?

FortiMonitor is used for monitoring the end user. We can see if there is any data leakage from files.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of FortiMonitor is user monitoring. We are able to see if the user is following the policy or not from their system. Additionally, the solution integrates well with Fortinet FortiGate and has centralized management.

What needs improvement?

I have been using FortiMonitor for approximately one year.

FortiMonitor is stable.

The scalability of FortiMonitor is good. However, we are not a large company and it scales well for the 25 users we have. We use the solution on a daily basis.

We have used the support sometimes when we are having some problems with the installation and we have received an answer from them. They are knowledgeable.

I rate the support an eight out of ten.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

The price of FortiMonitor is approximately $200 annually for 225 users. The price is competitive.

I rate the price of FortiMonitor a five out of five.

What other advice do I have?

I rate FortiMonitor an eight out of ten.

Download our free Network Monitoring Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about Fortinet, SolarWinds, LogicMonitor, and more!
    Updated: January 2023