IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Digital.ai App Management [EOL] OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is Digital.ai App Management [EOL]?

Shifts to the ‘extended enterprise’ mobile workforce require increased mobile collaboration and productivity apps. IT teams must securely distribute apps and support users’ needs. Enterprise mobile app management (MAM) enables IT to balance the unique needs of IT and remote users.

Digital.ai App Management [EOL] was previously known as Arxan Apperian, Apperian, Apperian App Management, Arxan Apperian App Management.

Digital.ai App Management [EOL] Customers

DLL Group, NetApp, New Balance, Nvidia, Transportation Security Administration, Nationwide, Northrup Grumman, Santam, AT&T, McAfee, Georgia Southern University, Emory University,

Digital.ai App Management [EOL] Video

Archived Digital.ai App Management [EOL] Reviews (more than two years old)

Consultant at a energy/utilities company with 10,001+ employees
​Speeds up app deployment and management. Needs a better API.

What is our primary use case?

Manage mobile applications on unmanaged devices. Allows apps to be distributed to contractor's devices not on company managed MDM.

How has it helped my organization?

• Speeds up app deployment and management.
  • Provides a good and usable enterprise app store.

What is most valuable?

• Supports rolling out apps to unmanaged devices (devices not on Enterprise MDM).
  • Enterprise app store
  • Apps management features

What needs improvement?

• API
  • Mobile SSO
  • Enterprise Security Management
  • Better support for Office 365 integration would help improve it further.

Still implementing.
Shared Services Manager at a retailer with 1,001-5,000 employees

What is most valuable?

Deployment functionality has been most valuable. We launched Apperian in June of 2015 to improve quality of deployment process for a native mobile app on Android & iOS, successfully implementing single sign-on with our corporate security. We recently upgraded to Xamarin. The tool is fairly intuitive for the end-user, and we are now able to capture download and launch stats.

How has it helped my organization?

Our retailers can more easily download our ordering app, and we are able to require app updates to keep users on a single version. Adoption of new apps has increased by virtue of having multiple apps in one catalog. Usage statistics have helped us justify new development efforts.

What needs improvement?

We experienced a few hiccups with app wrapping of policies (e.g., adding crash logging) when we replatformed onto Xamarin, but the Apperian team was very responsive and put in the extra effort required to get critical issues addressed before our launch.

Since June 2015.

No issues with the initial deployment. A couple of bugs needed to be addressed when we replatformed onto Xamarin.

High. They are very responsive.

Update: We have had an issue with iOS 10 since it was released that still hasn't been addressed following multiple contacts.

Technical support was good. It took us a little longer than projected to work through single sign-on with our portal security, but we have a fairly complex implementation.

Fairly straightforward. SSO and non-prod environments required a little additional work and tweaking.

In-house.

The tool was implemented primarily to address customer satisfaction issues.

Apperian worked with us to find a pricing & licensing structure that worked for us.

Yes. Microsoft In-tune and Citrix XenMobile.

Senior Mobility Engineer @ Comcast at a media company with 1,001-5,000 employees

Valuable Features:

Ease of use, Customer service, Affiliate Organizations for development

Improvements to My Organization:

Apperian allowed our internal employees to experience the apps that Elsevier has in the iTunes and Google Play stores without the need to purchase.  By using this service we were afforded a more in depth review of our apps through our own employees.  We also heavily use the affiliate organizations feature to allow individual development teams to create their own QA organization.  The ability to quickly get apps out to the testing community for review has proven invaluable to our mobile development efforts.

Room for Improvement:

I know there is always room for improvement but Apperian really makes every effort to ensure we are successful.

We had an issue with deployment with Android apps, which require an expansion file.

Use of Solution:

1.5 years

Deployment Issues:

Only with Android apps that require an expansion file.

Stability Issues: