IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

CloudFloorDNS Enterprise DNS OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is CloudFloorDNS Enterprise DNS?

CloudFloorDNS offers Anycast Enterprise Managed DNS for help businesses speed up DNS while adding reliability to their online infrastructure.

CloudFloorDNS Enterprise DNS was previously known as CloudFloorDNS.

CloudFloorDNS Enterprise DNS Customers

Rhapsody, Napster, Everbridge, Voiply, ZVOX, Tivoli Audio, iModules, VOIP Innovations

CloudFloorDNS Enterprise DNS Video

Archived CloudFloorDNS Enterprise DNS Reviews (more than two years old)

Jonathan Sprague - PeerSpot reviewer
Global Sr. Infrastructure Engineer - Technical Lead at Octapharma
Support and communication have been great during setup and implementation

What is our primary use case?

Allocating SRV based on geographical location using GeoDNS. This was primarily for a global VOIP deployment. We also use GeoDNS with A records to distribute different versions of websites according to the country which provides us some regulatory value and more direct marketing. It also allows us to distribute workloads where it is more efficient.

How has it helped my organization?

We have improved our flexibility to deploy web-based or DNS based solutions globally and deliver services more reliably. This has also given us the ability to better handle marketing needs to advertise approved products based on the markets where they are approved and sold.

What is most valuable?

Advertise SRV records based on GEO DNS propagation is fast, typically done within minutes (not once or twice an hour like some providers). Support and communication have been great during setup and implementation.

What needs improvement?

My only recommendation might be a better, more modern interface. But the web UI is still pretty easy to use and gets the job done without issues.

Has been extremely reliable and provides quick updates and propagation.

I see no reason why it would not be able to scale, but we only use it to manage DNS for a few domains.

All of our communication has been excellent.

We use multiple providers based on some corporate standards, but they could not offer many of the features we needed.

Very straightforward setup.

In-house.

Pricing seems competitive with others in the market.

We actually purchased and tried to use GeoDNS with Neustar, but it did not meet our needs.
Easy interface, and changes are emailed to me when zone changes are completed

What is our primary use case?

To have a backup DNS solution when we lose our internet connection with the state provided ISP services, and have the public still reach our web servers.

How has it helped my organization?

Faster resolution in some cases when DNS entries are queried by users. I can rely on them to be available when our internal internet connection is down, or our primary DNS server is not in service or inoperable.

What is most valuable?

• Easy interface, and changes are emailed to me when zone changes are completed.
  • Support was outstanding when first setting up in trial mode and also after we had gone live with the product.

What needs improvement?

Just to be able to import records with our current DNS product which didn't seem to work with importing domains using AXFR zone transfer records.

Less than one year.
EngineerNH - PeerSpot reviewer
Network Engineer at Walsh Brothers, Incorporated
Monitoring and failover were great. They saved me from having to move hostnames manually

What is our primary use case?

Upgraded DNS from GoDaddy to CloudFloor a few years ago. Wanted more reliability for our engineering firm and also used the DNS failover services to monitor and failover our web server and VPN to a backup IP.

How has it helped my organization?

Allowed us to get more uptime, especially with the failover. When our primary ISP went down, we could move the VPN hostname to a backup IP. This helped provide a better level of service to our employees using the VPN when we had a failure on the main ISP. The automatic failover sent me a notification and moved the IPs to the backup ISP within a few minutes.

What is most valuable?

Monitoring and failover were great. They saved me from having to move hostnames manually (i.e., staying up in bed in the middle of the night).

What needs improvement?

Compared to the other platforms, the interface is not as smooth, but the options and support help make that a non-issue. I also liked that CloudFloor had domain registration, although I didn't use it.

The notifications on the failover are quite extensive and the amount of protocols to test with was impressive. I am working on moving my new company over to their DNS in the near future.

Never had an issue, and would have an SLA if there were.

It's Anycast; it's definitely more scalable than my previous DNS.

Great, never made a call but the helpdesk was easy, and a rep responded rather quickly.

I've used GoDaddy, BlueHost and a Network Solutions DNS but the TTLs weren't low enough to support failover (and they didn't offer it), so I switched. The Anycast DNS also offered better reliability than my previous DNS providers.

Setup was easy; they had good docs on how to set up, add domains and other required steps to move DNS.

In-house.

Tough to provide numbers, but avoiding downtime and calls from my employees when the VPN goes down was priceless. This helped avoid helpdesk tickets, and within a few minutes, the VPN was back up.

Setup was amazing, changing my DNS provider isn't fun. They took my zone files and imported them and then spent time walking me through the interface when I had questions. The support and help to get my zones in there really helped me realize I made a good decision. I can add sub-users and set permissions as well which was good.

Yes, a few others like DNS Made Easy and ZoneEdit and EasyDNS. I liked that CloudFloorDNS was local in my area.

What other advice do I have?

I would like to see CloudFloor update their interface and make a novice and expert mode maybe, otherwise I'm satisfied with its performance and price.

reviewer961302 - PeerSpot reviewer
IT Contractor
User
I get notification emails when changes are made

What is our primary use case?

We have dozens of domains worldwide, over many registrars. I needed to consolidate settings and have high performance everywhere.

How has it helped my organization?

Great performance, easy configuration. I can create limited access accounts for my web developers.

What is most valuable?

• Outstanding support
  • The ability to restore from changes
  • GeoDNS is so important to an international presence
  • Speed: Speed is everything in e-commerce.
  • I get notification emails when changes are made.

What needs improvement?

• I'd say that it would be nice if changes were possible on more than one record at a time, perhaps the changed records could change color or be rendered in boldface or just show a "not saved" per record.
  • The email for each line change is excessive, perhaps if the change emails consolidated all changes per domain in a given hour.
  • The stats are nice but deep. I'd like to be able to consolidate the 'www' with the "naked" domain stats.

Seems to be highly stable. I've only used it for a year, so time will tell.

Seems to be highly scalable. Haven't hit any limits yet.

They were able to resolve a baffling problem where one foreign registrar just plainly refused to allow me to use Cloudfloor services.

No, just the standard registrar supplied solution, that and Zoneedit which I used because it was free.

Easy if you give it your full attention.

Just did it myself. I moved the domains over, a few at a time.

Impossible to quantify, sorry.

Just Zoneedit, but I needed a more personalized support.

What other advice do I have?

Take your time to learn how this is different from anything you've used before.