IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Axway Synchrony OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the Business-to-Business Middleware Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Axway Synchrony?

Axway Synchrony was previously known as Synchrony.

Axway Synchrony Customers
AIFE - Chorus, Soci_t_ Financire de Distribution (SFD) B2B, International Post Corporation, Union Nationale de Mutualit_s Socialistes, State of California, BHF-BANK, DHL, Clearstream MFT, CITIC Pacific Limited, Genzyme, AstraZeneca, Bollor_ Logistics, STET, MOgroep, Dartford Borough Council
Axway Synchrony Video

Archived Axway Synchrony Reviews (more than two years old)

it_user651522 - PeerSpot reviewer
Delivery Module Lead at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
It provides an API for advanced configuration. Version 6.11.4 is no longer supported by the vendor.

What is most valuable?

It is robust and flexible on new flow configurations. It provides an API for advanced configuration.

How has it helped my organization?

It provides centralized monitoring and managing of organization application file transfers, which helps to reduce the time of monitoring of individual applications. It also helps us understand the file flow between applications and helps with troubleshooting issues.

What needs improvement?

Axway Synchrony Gateway 6.11.4 is no longer supported by the vendor. However, the latest Axway Gateway version has many features and functionalities.

I’ve used this for more than five years.
Business-to-Business Middleware
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Axway, Seeburger, IBM and others in Business-to-Business Middleware. Updated: June 2022.
611,060 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We had very little issue with stability. This occurs only once a year due to OS related issues.

We did not have scalability issues.

Vendor support of this application is really good if you have opted for that.

We did not have a previous solution.

It depends on how the organization wants to create the MFT setup. If they want a gateway server with a DMZ sever, then the setup will be complex. It will then involve a network, a firewall, the OS, SSH keys, etc.

I have no information about this.

We didn’t look at other alternatives. It was business user choice

What other advice do I have?

I certainly recommended Axway Synchrony Gateway MFT since it is robust, flexible on new flow configuration, and has an API for advanced configuration.
it_user651549 - PeerSpot reviewer
Director - Service Operations at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
It is a feature-rich application in the EDI space. There are cheaper alternatives available in the market.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to use and is a feature-rich application in the EDI space. This solution has a user-friendly interface.

What needs improvement?

There are cheaper alternatives available in the market.

I have used this solution for more than six years now.

We have not experienced a single problem in the last six years.

We use it for a very specific business process and we didn’t have any requirement to scale up.

The technical support is very good.

This was the first solution that we have used. Recently, we have been exploring other options, as there are cheaper alternatives available in the market.

The setup was very straightforward, and it required a little bit of training.

The pricing policy is good and comparable to the other products available in the market.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are business partners and resellers of the product in the APAC and NA regions.
Business-to-Business Middleware
June 2022
611,060 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user651846 - PeerSpot reviewer
Tactisch Middleware beheerder at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Provides B2B exchange of files. Logging could be better in XFB.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are XFB for its FTPS and SFTP. XIB is the more powerful tool, but it was only used in a simple way.

How has it helped my organization?

Provides B2B exchange of files.

What needs improvement?

The logging could be better in XFB.

I have used this for close to three years.

We haven’t had any problems. It is rather stable.

We did not scale, so I have no experience with it.

I would give technical support a rating of 8/10. When we needed a consultant, he came.

We didn’t have a previous solution.

I did not set up the software. I just configured the interfaces.

I don’t know. It’s not my cup of tea. I know nothing about pricing of the product.

I was not employed before they started using the product.

What other advice do I have?

For sure have a look at it.

Download our free Business-to-Business Middleware Report and find out what your peers are saying about Axway, Seeburger, IBM, and more!
Updated: June 2022