I work at a Wholesaler/Distributor company with 5000+ employees.
I have a question: if I have Microsoft Power BI Premium and AWS SageMaker, can I use the Power BI tools to consume and present the SageMaker results?
I'm a BI Consultant and today I work with Microsoft Power BI. However, I'm trying to understand better the market and the competitors.
Currently, I have a customer who is in the process of deciding between TIBCO-Spotfire and MS Power BI. I want to understand the main differences between those tools. Which one would be your choice and why?
Also, how is MS Power BI compared to Table...
Consulting Practice Partner - Data, Analytics & AI at FH
18 January 22
Hi @Esteban Fabiani - Thank you for posting this great question. All the tools have base-level functionalities which could serve your day-to-day data analysis and visualizations.
There are various aspects that you would need to consider before choosing these tools such as
1. what are the primary use cases? Who will be using them? (Power BI is more user friendly)
2. Do they require a lot of customisations on the UI/UX ( Spotfire can be more flexible with IronPython scripts for custom UI development, Tableau has the best quality UI and charts)
3. Which cloud platform or server you would be using and what kind of computation power is required (if you are a Microsoft shop then Power BI should be preferred as it can be integrated with many MS applications at ease)
4. Cost - probably one of the key concerns (Power BI will be cheaper (desktop version is free) than Spotfire and Tableau)
5. Availability of talent within an organization as well as in the market (more talent available for Power BI and Tableau)
6. Many Oil & Gas, Manufacturing companies prefer Spotfire, but a slow move towards Power BI or Tableau or other visualization tools based on use cases. Many companies use Microstrategy for enterprise reporting
7. You may download free buyer guide reports from Peerspot, which would help you to choose the right one.
All the best.
We're happy to share our new bi-weekly Community Spotlight with you. Here you'll find recent contributions by PeerSpot community members: questions, articles and trending discussions.
See what your peers are discussing at the moment!
What to choose: an endpoint antivirus, an EDR solution, or both?
What is your recommended IT Service Management (ITSM) tool in 2022?
This is our new Community Spotlight that includes recent contributions (questions, articles and discussions) by the PeerSpot community members.
Is RPA beneficial for a healthcare organization?
With the increasing risk of cyber attacks in the west, due to the war in Ukraine, how safe is your data in the cloud?
8 Business Automation Ideas to Save Time and...
Hi community members,
Here we go with a new Community Spotlight. We publish it to help YOU catch up on recent contributions by community members.
What open-source HCI solution do you recommend?
How much time does SSO save?
What are the main technical differences between Microsoft Power Automate and Blue Prism?
Top HCI in 2022
What is Web Design? The Ultima...
Hi community members,
Here is our new Community Spotlight for YOU. We publish it to help you catch up on recent contributions by community members.
Do you find it useful? Please comment below!
Top HCI in 2022
What are the main differences between XDR and SIEM?
Top 5 Ethernet Switches in 2022
SASE: what is it and what are the main benefits?
What Is Intelligent Process Automation?
Intelligent process automation (IPA) refers to tasks that are automated or optimized in part by artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms. IPA tools can reduce human intervention in a variety of business processes.
IPA solutions go beyond simple, rule-based tasks. For example, IPA tools can apply artificial intelligence to process unst...