Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

webMethods.io Integration OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

webMethods.io Integration is #9 ranked solution in top Integration Platform as a Service providers, #13 ranked solution in top Cloud Data Integration tools, and #17 ranked solution in top API Management tools. PeerSpot users give webMethods.io Integration an average rating of 8.4 out of 10. webMethods.io Integration is most commonly compared to Microsoft Azure API Management: webMethods.io Integration vs Microsoft Azure API Management. webMethods.io Integration is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 69% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 22% of all views.

Download the Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is webMethods.io Integration?

Software AG (Frankfurt MDAX: SOW) offers Freedom as a Service. We reimagine integration, spark business transformation and enable fast innovation on the Internet of Things so you can pioneer differentiating business models. We give you the freedom to connect and integrate any technology—from app to edge. We help you free data from silos so it’s shareable, usable and powerful—enabling you to make the best decisions and unlock entirely new possibilities for growth. Software AG has more than 4,700 employees, is active in 70 countries and had revenues of € 866 million in 2018.

webMethods.io Integration was previously known as webMethods Integration Cloud, Software AG webMethods Integration Cloud.

webMethods.io Integration Customers
Autosen, A1 Digital, Cintas
webMethods.io Integration Video

webMethods.io Integration Pricing Advice

What users are saying about webMethods.io Integration pricing:
"The pricing is a yearly license."

webMethods.io Integration Reviews

Programm Manager at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Allows for good connectivity between platforms
  • "Oracle's self-service capabilities, of which we make extensive use, is the most valuable feature."
  • "The products, at the moment, are new and there should perhaps be support for the older version of the protocols."

What is our primary use case?

While I do not recall exactly which version of webMethods.io Integration we are using, I believe it to be 10 or 12.

We use the solution in respect of eight or nine integrations that we did with the different applications.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The products, at the moment, are new and there should perhaps be support for the older version of the protocols. While I know that they have the new versions, which are actually needed, I don't believe they have that capacity when it comes to any integration with older systems. This is because I believe us to be more advanced nowadays, with what they are doing for the roadmap of new technologies.

The solution is very stable and we have had no issues with it thus far, two years running.

Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS)
September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Software AG, Microsoft, Boomi and others in Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS). Updated: September 2022.
633,184 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is, for sure, scalable and can go to containers and dockers. I believe this to be the plan for the moment.

I found the technical support to be very good. Although we implemented during the pandemic, us being in need of the resources from a side KSA, we did not face any difficulty, as the resources are available locally. Also, we were able to do the implementation during the peak of the pandemic.

We had a very good implementation engineer, so the deployment was very straightforward, nothing complex. Once the input and output signatures are aligned between the systems, everything is as it should be.

The number of people needed for maintenance will vary with the features one is using. We use features which may require two to three people. The same holds true with implementation.

While I have yet to calculate a return on investment, I have definitely seen one. Owing to the number of users, I would say that it is huge. This is because we have used it for self-services, something which is very productive.

In the past, we dealt with paperwork, but we now use the solution to digitize everything. We use it as a platform towards the goal of digitization, which was the whole point of the project itself.

In the past, we had Oracle ESP and we replaced that with Software AG. Contractually, it was Oracle ESB, at which point we got the change request to switch over to Softwares AG webMethods.

What other advice do I have?

I feel the solution provides a very good platform for interconnectivity between the applications, beyond what most users have, which is point-to-point connectivity. This is a good platform for doing multipoint connections and allows one to use the APIs in multiple ways for a variety of purposes and services. It also has caching features, which greatly allows one to cache the data. It has so many caching mechanisms for speeding up the data towards the users.

This saves the user from having to go to the backend to retrieve the data, as it is available on the ESB, something which is cached and can be released to the user. This saves time going to the backend.

I rate webMethods.io Integration as a nine out of ten.

Project Manager at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
User friendly with great internal services; new interfaces easily constructed
  • "It's easy to construct new interfaces like apps and client portals."
  • "Rules engine processes and BPM processes should be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We use this enterprise integration application to support web service portals, B2B processes. I'm a consultant and we are customers of webMethods.io.

What is most valuable?

The internal services that they provide make it easy to work with. It's easy to construct new interfaces like apps, client portals, and so on because they consume the portal services that we provide.

What needs improvement?

I think rules engine processes and BPM processes should be improved. I think they must accommodate the future of the communication between systems and that is related to web services and the like.

I've been using this product for 20 years.

The support is at a medium level of satisfaction.

The initial implementation was straightforward but then there are multiple requests that follow and that may be more difficult. WebMethods is used to provide services to the portal. Users don't directly use our platform; they use the platform that uses our platform and in that sense we probably have about 1,000 users. We don't have plans to increase usage for now.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is to pay attention to the human resources because it's difficult to have senior consultants in all areas, it's rare. There aren't many good, experienced consultants in the market.

I rate this solution an eight out of 10.

Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS)
September 2022
633,184 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Solutions Architect at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Stable solution that allows you to integrate with SAP

What is our primary use case?

I am an integrator of the solution. Our use case is for integration factory for SAP. It is mostly for SAP integration.

The solution is deployed on-premise. We are one version 7.

What needs improvement?

I am not satisfied with the solution because it takes too much effort to migrate and add new information. The migration could be easier. There's a lot of rework that needs to be done if you go to a newer version.

I have been using this solution for one year.

The solution is stable.

For supporting the solution and installing things, we have maybe 10 or so users. We have no plans to increase usage.

The solution is scalable.

Before using webMethods, I used a different cloud data migration solution for other customers.

It's a running system, so I haven't had any experience with the installations.

The pricing is a yearly license.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution 8 out of 10.

I would recommend this solution, but it is old fashioned.

Download our free Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Software AG, Microsoft, Boomi, and more!
Updated: September 2022