For the first step, you create the cluster the same way you specify the hardware underneath. On the cluster, you starting creating projects, which are like virtual spaces. There is a physical cluster where you install Kubernetes. You install it on the data center. Each team creates their own virtual space.
Red Hat Advanced Cluster Security for Kubernetes is #8 ranked solution in Container Security Solutions. PeerSpot users give Red Hat Advanced Cluster Security for Kubernetes an average rating of 9.0 out of 10. Red Hat Advanced Cluster Security for Kubernetes is most commonly compared to Prisma Cloud by Palo Alto Networks: Red Hat Advanced Cluster Security for Kubernetes vs Prisma Cloud by Palo Alto Networks. Red Hat Advanced Cluster Security for Kubernetes is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 73% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 21% of all views.
Red Hat Advanced Cluster Security for Kubernetes OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication
Red Hat Advanced Cluster Security for Kubernetes OverviewUNIXBusinessApplicationPrice:
Download the Container Security Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: August 2022
What is Red Hat Advanced Cluster Security for Kubernetes?
Red Hat Advanced Cluster Security for Kubernetes is a Kubernetes-native container security solution that enables your organization to more securely build, deploy, and run cloud-native applications from anywhere. With its built-in security across the entire software development life cycle, you can lower your operational costs, reduce operational risk, and increase developer productivity while improving your security posture immediately. In addition, Red Hat Advanced Cluster Security integrates with security tools and DevOps in an effort to help you mitigate threats and enforce security policies that minimize operational risk to your applications. It also enables you to provide developers with actionable, context-rich guidelines integrated into existing workflows, along with tooling to support developer productivity. The solution is suitable for small, medium, and large-sized companies.
Red Hat Advanced Cluster Security for Kubernetes Features
Red Hat Advanced Cluster Security for Kubernetes has many valuable key features. Some of the most useful ones include:
- Vulnerability management: With the Red Hat Advanced Cluster Security for Kubernetes solution, you gain full visibility into your entire cloud-native landscape. The solution makes it possible for your organization to identify and remediate vulnerabilities in Kubernetes configurations and container images, as well as running applications. It also enables you to provide developers with clear and prioritized guidance on fixable vulnerabilities.
- Configuration management: The solution makes configuration management easy. To identify missed best practices, you can understand how images, containers, and deployments are configured prior to running. It also allows you to leverage Kubernetes-native capabilities - like admission controllers - to prevent misconfigured workloads from deploying or running.
- Compliance: Using Red Hat Advanced Cluster Security for Kubernetes helps you manage compliance with standard-specific checks across CIS Benchmarks, NIST, PCI, and HIPAA, with more than 300 controls and continuous compliance assessments and one-click audit reporting.
- Network segmentation: The solution enables you to enforce network policies by using the native capabilities in Kubernetes. You can simulate new policies, visualize existing ones, generate updated YAML files, and apply them directly to Kubernetes.
- Multifactor risk profiling: With Red Hat Advanced Cluster Security for Kubernetes, you can use risk rankings by combining vulnerability (CVE) details with rich Kubernetes context and artifact data. This allows you to assess and prioritize risk across your entire environment. In turn, you can accelerate remediation times and productivity.
- Threat detection and incident response: By combining custom policies, process allow lists, application and network baselines, and behavioral modeling to identify anomalous behavior, the solution enables you to protect your applications at runtime. You can then leverage Kubernetes-native enforcement capabilities to respond.
Red Hat Advanced Cluster Security for Kubernetes Benefits
There are many benefits to implementing Red Hat Advanced Cluster Security for Kubernetes. Some of the biggest advantages the solution offers include:
- Increases protection, scalability, and portability.
- Eliminates blind spots.
- Reduces time and costs.
- Reduces the effort needed to implement security.
- Streamlines security analysis, investigation, and remediation by using the rich context Kubernetes provides.
- Provides scalability and resiliency native to Kubernetes
Reviews from Real Users
PeerSpot user Igor K., Owner/Full Stack Software Engineer at Maraphonic, Inc., says, “The solution allows teams to create their own virtual spaces and share resources. The most valuable feature is the ability to share resources.”
Red Hat Advanced Cluster Security for Kubernetes was previously known as StackRox .
Red Hat Advanced Cluster Security for Kubernetes Customers
City National Bank, U.S. Department of Homeland Security