IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

NNT Log Tracker Enterprise OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

NNT Log Tracker Enterprise is #24 ranked solution in Log Management Software and #26 ranked solution in top Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools. PeerSpot users give NNT Log Tracker Enterprise an average rating of 8 out of 10. NNT Log Tracker Enterprise is most commonly compared to Cybereason Endpoint Detection & Response: NNT Log Tracker Enterprise vs Cybereason Endpoint Detection & Response. NNT Log Tracker Enterprise is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 67% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 28% of all views.

Download the Log Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is NNT Log Tracker Enterprise?

NNT Log Tracker Enterprise is a comprehensive and easy-to-use Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solution for any compliance mandate providing:

• Enterprise-class SIEM capabilities.
  • Compliance Automation.
  • User and System Activity Audit trails.
  • Network Anomaly forensics.
  • Proactive Threat Detection.
NNT Log Tracker Enterprise Customers

Wonga, WHSmith

NNT Log Tracker Enterprise Pricing Advice

What users are saying about NNT Log Tracker Enterprise pricing:
  • "We have selected a perpetual license along with support."
  • "NNT's pricing is moderate - I would rate their pricing two-and-a-half out of ten."
  • NNT Log Tracker Enterprise Reviews

Senior Infra Manager at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
    File integrity monitoring with built-in vulnerability protection, easy to setup, and has good support
    • "File integrity monitoring is a very important function."
    • "It is able to identify the vulnerability, however, they need an option to auto-mitigate."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is to integrate with the change tracker.  You can perform the file integrity monitoring with actions, or a log analysis and a correlation of the log.

What is most valuable?

File integrity monitoring is a very important function. Also the build-in vulnerability and a compliance assessment for your endpoints based on CIS standard. It does not have any limitations on the number of events per second.

What needs improvement?

The correlation was an issue but they have improved it. From a mitigation standpoint, it needs to be improved. It is able to identify the vulnerability, however, they need an option to auto-mitigate. In the next release, I would like to see the mitigation feature work as a sole platform. Rather than the SysOPs team investigate the incident, the tool should understand.

I have been using this solution for two years.
    Log Management
    June 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about NNT, Splunk, IBM and others in Log Management. Updated: June 2022.
    610,190 professionals have used our research since 2012.

This solution is stable.

It's a scalable solution but it depends on the limitations in terms of events per second. You can scale up the server and support the additional load. This is a SIEM solution that is mainly used by the SysOPs team. The SysOPs team is made up of 12 users.

I contact technical support on a regular business because we have to customize things as per our requirements. They help with technical queries and ensure that the issue is resolved, no matter the customization.

Previously, we did not use any other solution. This was the first one.

The initial setup is straightforward, it's simple. One day is sufficient time to deploy this solution. Once it is configured properly and performs the regular health checks, it doesn't need any manual intervention. There is no manual maintenance required.

We did not use the help of a vendor. We accessed the PaaS from the OEM.

We have selected a perpetual license along with support. It's part of the overall package. It's all in one.

What other advice do I have?

If you want to deploy a SIEM and you want it to be simple, and not deal with much maintenance or help from the OEM, then I would say that NNT is the one. You only have to implement it one time properly and it will run on autopilot mode. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Senior Infra Manager at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
    Great for PCI compliance but issues with stability and large amounts of data
    • "The most valuable feature is the predefined reports for PCI compliance."
    • "The correlation suite needs to be improved."

What is our primary use case?

I mainly use this solution to meet PCI compliance.

How has it helped my organization?

The automation of compliance reports and the correlation of the log have been major improvements.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the predefined reports for PCI compliance.

What needs improvement?

The correlation suite needs to be improved. I also think they need to improve the product's handling of large amounts of data. In the next release, I would like to see real-time data correlation.

I've been using NNT Log Tracker Enterprise for around three years.

There are some issues with the stability - the correlation engine has failed multiple times, and the reports sometimes take too long, so we have to involve the tech team to get them.

This solution can scale vertically and horizontally, depending on the Windows server where it is deployed. I think this tool can be used for an endpoint of between 100-200 - however, if the count increases, it may create performance issues.

NNT's technical support is sound, but the overall time for resolutions could be improved.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

The initial setup was straightforward and smooth, and deployment took no more than two weeks. I would rate the setup process as four out of five.

Our implementation was done by a vendor team.

We have seen some ROI from this solution - I would rate the ROI as between three and four out of five.

NNT's pricing is moderate - I would rate their pricing two-and-a-half out of ten. There are no additional costs, they include the entire package in a single license.

We evaluated ManageEngine Event Log and SolarWinds Log Tracker.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to anyone looking to meet PCI requirements. I would give this solution a rating of seven out of ten.

Download our free Log Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about NNT, Splunk, IBM, and more!
    Updated: June 2022