IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

iBwave Wi-Fi OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

iBwave Wi-Fi is #4 ranked solution in top Network Modeling tools. PeerSpot users give iBwave Wi-Fi an average rating of 9.4 out of 10. iBwave Wi-Fi is most commonly compared to Ekahau Site Survey: iBwave Wi-Fi vs Ekahau Site Survey. iBwave Wi-Fi is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 57% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 27% of all views.

Download the Network Modeling Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is iBwave Wi-Fi?

iBwave has been the industry standard software for designing indoor wireless network for over 13 years. Used by hundreds of operators, OEMs, enterprises and system integrators around the world. The iBwave Wi-Fi Suite is a powerful Wi-Fi network design solution that gives you a significantly more productive way to design carrier-grade indoor Wi-Fi networks. Consisting of a mobile app, a powerful PC based software and 10GB of cloud connectivity to easily share and synchronize project information.

Key Features include:

• Advanced 3D Predictive design
  • Advanced capacity planning
  • Calibrated prediction for extremely accurate prediction results
  • Ability to model incline surfaces
  • Comprehensive reporting
  • Cloud connectivity to easily share and access projects anytime
  • Free read-only project viewer for customers and project partners

iBwave Wi-Fi Customers

ARRIS

iBwave Wi-Fi Video

iBwave Wi-Fi Reviews

reviewer1863756 - PeerSpot reviewer
Engineering Team Manager at a wholesaler/distributor with 5,001-10,000 employees
Feature-rich, excellent tool
  • "iBwave Wi-Fi's tech support is great. They pick up their phones. I have no complaints."
  • "The cost of the solution could be improved. It's extraordinarily expensive."

What is our primary use case?

iBwave Wi-Fi is excellent. My primary use case for the solution are predictive RF heatmaps that include all bands of cellular and Wi-Fi.

How has it helped my organization?

iBwave Wi-Fi has improved our sales by allowing customers to see predictive heatmaps for proposed projects.

What is most valuable?

What I find the most valuable about iBwave Wi-Fi is the solution's superior modeling and capability compared to other tools like Ekahau.

What needs improvement?

The cost of the solution could be improved. It's extraordinarily expensive.

July 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about iBwave, Ekahau, NetAlly and others in Network Modeling. Updated: July 2022.
620,068 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been working with iBwave Wi-Fi for 10 years.

The stability is fine. It works great.

The solution has a lot of room for scalability. So, I can go from a single room up to a couple million square feet. It meets my scalability needs.

iBwave Wi-Fi's tech support is great. They pick up their phones. I have no complaints.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

No I did not previously use a different solution. This is the solution I was trained on and I've been using it since.

Deployment does not take long at all. iBwave Wi-Fi is ready to go as soon as the license is activated.

The deployment was done in-house without help from an integrator.

I can't really come up with exact numbers on ROI, but we have used the tool to bring in new customers and to do a lot of projects for those customers.

iBwave Wi-Fi costs $40,000 for the full license and everything else for the first-time purchase. There's license renewals but for the full design license, there's three modules. So to make it a complete design tool, you need all three. I can't remember what the renewal costs exactly; it's around five grand a year.

On a scale of one to 10, with one being the worst and 10 being the best, I would give this tool a 10 because it is feature-rich.

Since I started using this tool, I've looked at Ekahau and AirMagnet. Those are good tools for WiFi but they do not offer the level of modeling detail that iBwave Wi-Fi has.

What other advice do I have?

The advice I would give to others looking into implementing this product is this: to be able to use it fully, you will need to understand LTE and cellular, not just WiFi. However, if you have a little bit of CAD background, you will be able to pick the tool up quickly.

Extensive report generation reduces time required for project cost estimates
  • "The 3D Coverage is a good feature that shows the signal propagation in three dimensions."
  • "I would like to be able to see two buildings at the same time so that you can create a campus view."

What is our primary use case?

We use this product for the study of indoor coverage for many in-building systems such as shopping malls, hotels, and business centers. This is used for DAS design to improve the cellular coverage for indoor places. With this, we can offer our clients a good solution to improve cellular systems in their locations.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution provides us with the ability to obtain an exact equipment list report. This reduces the time needed to calculate the cost of the project.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is report generation. These include the equipment list, area, and compliance. These reports help to calculate the cost of the project and give us project documentation to present to our client.

What needs improvement?

There are many things that should be improved in this solution.

For example, I would like to have more functionality to generate and delete walls, along with a good undo button for reversing the operations.

I would like to be able to see two buildings at the same time so that you can create a campus view.

Two years.

I did not use another solution prior to this one.

This is the only solution that I evaluated.

July 2022
620,068 professionals have used our research since 2012.
reviewer1078797 - PeerSpot reviewer
User at a non-tech company with 10,001+ employees
Top notch stability and feature set

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is designing ERRCS (Emergency Responder Radio Communication Systems) and carriers solutions for large facilities.

How has it helped my organization?

The stability and feature set of the application are top notch and can't be matched.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the signal coverage and prediction capabilities.

What needs improvement?

It would do iBwave well to become more involved with their clients. They need feedback, and I need feedback.

Download our free Network Modeling Report and find out what your peers are saying about iBwave, Ekahau, NetAlly, and more!
Updated: July 2022