We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

Check Point Security Management OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Check Point Security Management is #5 ranked solution in Log Management Software. PeerSpot users give Check Point Security Management an average rating of 10 out of 10. Check Point Security Management is most commonly compared to Fortinet FortiAnalyzer: Check Point Security Management vs Fortinet FortiAnalyzer. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 31% of all views.
What is Check Point Security Management?

R80.30 Cyber Security Management features centralized management control across all networks and cloud environments, increasing operational efficiency and lowering the complexity of managing your security. Learn more about Security Management.

Check Point Security Management was previously known as R80.10, R80, R77.30, R77, Check Point R80.10 Security Management, R80 Security Management.

Check Point Security Management Buyer's Guide

Download the Check Point Security Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

Check Point Security Management Customers

Hedgetec, Geiger

Check Point Security Management Video

Archived Check Point Security Management Reviews (more than two years old)

Network and Security Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
A very good management solution with a straightforward setup and good scalability
  • "It's a great solution for management. We can manage a lot at the same time with one security management system. Also, each gateway depends on the other, which is helpful."
  • "In the last version from 80.20, there are some issues around SSNA Diction. I would like this to be improved."

What is most valuable?

One of the most valuable features is the console application.

What needs improvement?

The client of the management needs to be improved.

The solution is a bit slow. The speed should be improved.

If there is a possibility to use the URL instead of client management in a future release, that would be ideal.

I've been using the solution for one year.

The solution is scalable.

I haven't contacted technical support a lot. I have a colleague that's had issues with a certain version of the solution, and they have made contact. They've had issues, but for me, technical support has always been fine.

The initial setup is not too complex, but those setting it up should have knowledge of Unix as well as some knowledge in Linux command lines.

We're a partner. We help clients implement the solution.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the on-premises deployment model.

I would rate the solution eight out of ten.

System and Network Engineer at a non-tech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good scalability and a straightforward setup, but the solution needs performance tuning options
  • "The firewall's blades are the solution's most valuable feature."
  • "We sometimes have trouble with the performance of the solution. Maybe some performance tuning options could be added in a future release. There should be more visibility about which blade in your firewall is causing the latency."

What is our primary use case?

We are primarily using the solution as a firewall, and for some IPS features as well.

What is most valuable?

The firewall's blades are the solution's most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

We had a lot of problems with the VPN blade on the solution.

We sometimes have trouble with the performance of the solution. Maybe some performance tuning options could be added in a future release. There should be more visibility about which blade in your firewall is causing the latency. That would be nice as well.

I've been using the solution for five years.

The stability of the file blade is good. However, there are a lot of blades, and some of the blades have bugs. For example, the VPN is not so stable. Aso, sometimes when we have high loads on our firewall because we have 20,000 users, the Firewall blade also has trouble.

The scalability of the solution is good. However, we have four or five firewalls and that's more than enough, so we don't need to increase the usage. We have about 20,000 users that go through the firewall at this time.

We don't go through technical support if we need assistance. We instead go to our consultants which assist us if we run into any issues. The consultants may sometimes open cases, but we have no direct contact with Check Point.

We didn't previously use a different solution.

In general, the initial setup was straightforward. Deployment for us took quite long because we migrated in small steps. That was our choice and had nothing to do with Check Point. We have five people managing the solution, and we have two consultants that sometimes help us with some troubleshooting and features.

We used a consultant to assist with the implementation.

Before choosing Check Point, we evaluated FortiGate from FortiNet, Sonicwall from Dell and Cisco FW products.

What other advice do I have?

We're using the on-premises deployment model.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Check Point Security Management. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
564,997 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Head of IT
Web filtering and built-in VPN are key features, but the user interface is overly complicated
  • "Key features include the ability to include logs for everything that you do for admin. Also, it has web filtering built in and VPN."
  • "I would like the ability to have an overview, cross-site: One portal that does all firewalls. Also, the user interface is overly complicated."

What is our primary use case?

Perimeter protection. It has performed well. It's good.

How has it helped my organization?

It hasn't really improved the way our organization functions. It has just provided that extra functionality. That is something we now demand of all firewalls.

What is most valuable?

The ability to include logs for everything that you do for admin. Also, it has web filtering built in and VPN. Those are the main features we use.

What needs improvement?

I would like the ability to have an overview, cross-site: One portal that does all firewalls.

The stability is good, but that's because we've got a high-availability configuration.

It is scalable, but, as I said before, you are not able to connect across multiple sites for a similar firewall.

I would say tech support is about a six out of 10.

There was no previous solution. I inherited this one.

When selecting a vendor, the most important criteria are history, reputation, and looking at the industry ratings.

Although I wasn't involved in the initial setup, I believe it was quite complicated.

What other advice do I have?

Do the homework because Check Point is rather expensive. There are better firewalls on the market now that are cheaper and provide better functionality and security.

I rate it a six out of 10 because the user interface is overly complicated.

Mario Figueiredo
Security Specialist at a insurance company with 501-1,000 employees
URL filtering helps us control what people are accessing
  • "URL filtering is a very important feature."
  • "The usability of the solution could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

This solution is used to validate the firewalls, and it performs this function very well.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps us control what people are accessing, inside the company.

What is most valuable?

URL filtering is a very important feature.

What needs improvement?

The usability of the solution could be improved.

I think stability is good. We haven't had any trouble.

The scalability looks fine.

My company has used technical support, but I have not.

In the past, we had a type of proxy for our URL filtering. The idea was to have everything packaged in the same solution. We removed the proxy and started to use just the firewall to control URL filtering and normal firewall rules in the same solution.

When selecting a vendor, we always check the industry reviews. Then, we analyze the features and, after that, the price-feature combination is the most important factor: which one has the best price and has the features we need.

What other advice do I have?

Pay attention to the stability of the solution because it's very critical.

I would rate this solution a nine out of 10. They need to improve the usability. It's good but it can always be better.