IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

ReadyTech OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is ReadyTech?
ReadyTech provides the most feature rich hosted training solution in the industry. Because we have been working in the technical training industry for more than 20 years we have a very deep understanding of what features instructors need to deliver an engaging and interactive class and provide students with the best possible learning experience.
ReadyTech Customers
PTC, Cognos, EMC Documentum, Hyperion, Microsoft, 1230Lap

Archived ReadyTech Reviews (more than two years old)

Technical Instructor at a tech vendor with 201-500 employees
I can provide hands-on experience to my customers. Image updates (made in US DC) are not automatically copied to other DCs it seems.

What is most valuable?

Free access to lab image for updates once a month. Data centers in US, Europe and Singapore.

How has it helped my organization?

I can provide hands-on experience to my customers.

What needs improvement?

Singapore DC doesn't support Hypervisor 16G-8C. If you need your image deployed in Asia (this is decided by the time zone in which the image is being used), well it isn’t. It will be deployed in the US DataCenter, which means very high latency when using the image. If you insist the image is deployed on a higher spec hardware (Hypervisor 24G), you need to negotiate with ReadyTech, otherwise a higher cost is incurred. Image updates (made in US DC) are not automatically copied to other DCs it seems. The first time a deployment in the Singapore DC is requested after an image update, the ReadyTech staff have to copy the image from the US DC to the Singapore DC before the the image can be deployed. Because of the extra time needed for the copy, this means the image is not deployed in time to be used as planned. Both result in a bad experience for our customers using the image.

3 years.

Yes, deployment in the wrong DC. This results in poor experience due to latency.

Not anything worth mentioning here.

My usage is not big enough for that.

Customer Service: Good response to issues encountered so far. Technical Support: Poor. Often the questions are not read properly and replies are incomplete, sometimes erroneous.

SkyTap, price for low usage is lower with ReadyTech.

Initial setup was simple for me as I was able to import my existing VMs. FTP can be use to load OVAs and ISOs.

In-house.

Make your own mind.

Yes, building my own labs in house or using AWS.

What other advice do I have?

Yes, once an update capture was unsuccessful resulting in a couple of day's work lost that needed to be redone. Since my trust in ReadyTech tech team has not recovered. This is why my overall note is 4/10.
it_user126645 - PeerSpot reviewer
Vice President, Product Management with 51-200 employees
Accessible on Restrictive Networks, but I had some issues with Linux Desktop

What is most valuable?

The Platform is accessible on Restrictive Networks.

How has it helped my organization?

Once I uploaded my training VM, ReadyTech was able to make it available to all of the class members through standard ports. Instructor is able to take over or view student VMs.

What needs improvement?

I had some issues with the Linux Desktop where the LabManager software would freeze while I was in vim. Support team was very responsive, but couldn't reproduce the issue.

One Month

Although they have sites for US, Asia, EU, they were only able to deploy training at one site, which for a class that contains members from multiple continents is a problem. The participants in India suffered from very bad latency.

Excellent. Very responsive 24/7 team that addressed most issues.

I had worked with using VNC in Amazon. I thought this might be a way to simplify things.

Pretty easy. FTP up a VM and ReadyTech deploys it. Copying files after it was uploaded was a multi-step process that could be improved upon.

ReadyTech is a cloud solution that I was able to work with directly.

It enabled me to meet my short-term timeline, but it is expensive.

The $500 setup fee was waived once the revenue for ReadyTech exceeded $1500.

ReadyTech came through word-of-mouth, so decided to go forward with them. I couldn't find any comparable solutions.

What other advice do I have?

The sales person was obnoxious and seemed perturbed that I was asking for pricing on various configurations. I asked how much for the 8GB solution and he quoted me for 2GB, which was what I went forward with, thinking he had answered my question directly. You'll have to do your own analysis of the price sheet because the sales team can't be bothered. He went on a 3 week vacation while I was running my class and his out-of-the-office pointed me to another person who was on vacation too. I got into trouble on the price of the solution and the sales team did nothing to help me out.
Quick Links