LAW PreDiscovery OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

LAW PreDiscovery is the #6 ranked solution in top eDiscovery software. PeerSpot users give LAW PreDiscovery an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. LAW PreDiscovery is most commonly compared to IPRO: LAW PreDiscovery vs IPRO. LAW PreDiscovery is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 70% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a government, accounting for 28% of all views.

Download the eDiscovery Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is LAW PreDiscovery?

LAW PreDiscovery software works as an all-in-one "eDiscovery engine" to scan, import, and produce all of the potential evidentiary documents needed during legal discovery. LexisNexis LAW PreDiscovery leads the way in document production, including the most flexible imaging and endorsing capabilities. Hundreds of file types exports directly to Concordance software and other leading document review platforms in a wide range of formats and Identifies and extracts content from file types, scan documents from scanners, and produce printed or digital output. LAW PreDiscovery handles even the largest imaging, endorsing, OCR, or print jobs by just adding additional workstations.

LAW PreDiscovery Customers

Murphy & King, BDO Consulting, Beasley Allen

LAW PreDiscovery Video

LAW PreDiscovery Reviews

Jovana Pavlovic - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Back Office Manager at a financial services firm with 51-200 employees
Reliable, with a detailed and comprehensive checklist suitable for small businesses
  • "The sourcing and the detailed background checklist are the most valuable features of this solution."
  • "If these details, photos, dates of birth, and so on are not possible to include, I believe it would be much more efficient if multiple people could log in using the same email address, as we can in some other programs."

What is our primary use case?

We use LAW PreDiscovery to perform required checks every time we receive KYC from our clients to see if they have any political affiliation or if they have any criminal background that we need to know about when it comes to laundering. Because I work for a census company.

What is most valuable?

Once you type in a person's name, it returns a list in which if there are any a hundred percent matches, they will show you as a hundred percent matches, and if not, they will show you, say, the person has the same surname or the same initial, surname, and a first name so has a lot of details and a lot of sources.

It returns a comprehensive list of one hundred percent matched to the person's name.

What needs improvement?

They have a lot of these 100% matches with no details or sources for certain names that are very common in certain countries. It is difficult for us to determine whether or not it is that person. Also, some sources are usually in the country's native language, making translation difficult.

We can rule out that person based on those details and the ones we have because they don't have a photo or a date of birth. While the sourcing is sound, I believe we require more details and sources.

There are some matches that have no sources, and the language can be a problem at times. For example, because there is no photo or date of birth, you cannot rule out that person based on what you know. You must go to the person and confirm whether or not they have committed this financial crime or are associated with some political role.

I have been using LAW PreDiscovery for a year and a half.

eDiscovery
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about LexisNexis, Nuix, IPRO and others in eDiscovery. Updated: November 2022.
653,757 professionals have used our research since 2012.

In my opinion, LAW PreDiscovery is a stable solution.

My problem is that we only have one email address and only one user can use it at a time. If someone else wants to do a world-check on the client, they must log out the first person who was using it. Having a large workload means that only one person can do the world-check because otherwise, they will have to log in again, all the time, every five minutes, type the password, and enter the confirmation code.

The company can purchase more users, but I believe that having multiple users allowed to log in could be included in the license. Or simply the fact that you don't have to log out the other person once you log in. You are not required to log out of the different user.

We have ten users in our organization. They are mainly in compliance and back office.

Back office and compliance We are the only ones who use it.

I've only used it for European IDs, and European IDs have these MRZ at the end, those numbers and letters that look like code, and that we also have on our passports and other documents.

So far, I've only used the program that checks European clients with this MRZ, and LexisNexis is good because, we can check from people all over the world, not just MRZ.

They do, however, have the option to check a passport with the MRZ, but we've noticed that it doesn't actually check the passport, Whatever you write here.

This MRZ code contains your personal information, such as your date of birth and the expiration date of your passport. Your full name, nationality, and everything else that is written in your passport are also written in that code. We have noticed if you make a mistake in this code while typing it out, that mistake will be visible in this final form.

Whatever you write in this MRZ, it doesn't actually check the passport against the entire world, it just gives you the information from what you wrote in that MRZ code.

We have been working with Bamboo HR for six or seven months. The company's HR department uses this solution to send out all important announcements, and we can see our annual leave, sick leave, and salary, as well as the position of every employee in the company.

Everything that is handled by HR, from announcements to annual leave, such as the company calendar, you can see who is on leave, who is in the office, who is working, and so on.

I am using it for my annual leave because there are a number of days remaining in your annual leave as well as a number of days that have been placed on hold from a leave request. It calculates annual leaves. Because I was doing everything manually before, this is a good thing. And I use it for that, as well as to see who is in the office, who is working, who is on leave, who is on army leave, sick leave, who is working from home, and so on.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend it for a small-scale business because only one person can use it, and there are not many details for many names and people.

There are not many details that allow you to rule out the person. You will need to spend some time actually checking all of the sources, translating the sources, and determining how far, what the client's address is, and where the crime was committed, which may take some time. If you have a heavy workload, you wouldn't be able to complete the research properly.

It's a good product to use but on a smaller scale.

I would rate the LAW PreDiscovery solution an eight out of ten.

Download our free eDiscovery Report and find out what your peers are saying about LexisNexis, Nuix, IPRO, and more!
Updated: November 2022