Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

IBM eDiscovery Manager OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the eDiscovery Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is IBM eDiscovery Manager?
IBM eDiscovery Manager enables authorized IT and legal staff to search, cull, hold and export case-relevant content to manage electronically stored information (ESI). eDiscovery Manager helps you respond to discovery requests and Streamlines and standardizes the electronic discovery process. It Preserves the electronically stored information (ESI) evidence in a security-rich, auditable, high-scale, trusted evidence repository that includes chain-of-custody tracking and Enhances your capacity to organize ESI, email and other content to reduce discovery costs and risks.

IBM eDiscovery Manager was previously known as eDiscovery Manager.

IBM eDiscovery Manager Customers
Hansgrohe
IBM eDiscovery Manager Video

IBM eDiscovery Manager Reviews

eDiscovery Manager at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Stable with administrative aspects and an easy to navigate backend
  • "Creating and running queries on the solution is very good."
  • "The initial setup is a bit complex."

What is our primary use case?

I'm the administrator of the application tool. I have to set up some searches to check or get some email depending on the legal team. They pass to us the requirements and we have to do a search on the eDiscovery tool. Basically, we have to do queries and do some searching, which is very good.

What is most valuable?

Creating and running queries on the solution is very good.

The administrative aspects are very good. You can provide access to or export cases from the past and more.

Overall, it's a very powerful tool. It's helpful in allowing you to compare results.

The backend is easy to navigate.

If the legal team needs anything, it's easy for them to access everything they need.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to be more user-friendly when it comes to errors on the search.

The initial setup is a bit complex.

It would be ideal if you could verify the logs directly in the tool itself. If we have something fail, we have just a short message and we have to go into the server and check all the logs and we can spend a lot of time doing that. The troubleshooting is a little complex.

We've been using the solution over the last 18 months or so. I've used it for almost four years in total at this point.

eDiscovery
September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Nuix, Smarsh and others in eDiscovery. Updated: September 2022.
633,184 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The stability of the solution is excellent. We've never had issues with the product crashing or freezing. There aren't bugs or glitches. It works well. It's very reliable.

The solution can scale. Two weeks ago, we made an update of the application so we moved it to another version and it was very manageable. This is very easy to handle. A company shouldn't run into any issues.

We have around 40 users at this time. There are 20 that create cases. There're another three to administrate the cases. There are also 10 guys with the IT administrative portfolio and we have three super users.

We don't have a plan to increase usage. We just updated the product about two weeks ago.

In the past few years, I have taken a handful of cases to IBM. We've always been happy with the level of service. They also have a good community surrounding their products and it's easy to access knowledgeable professionals.

We did not previously use a different solution.

The initial setup isn't exactly straightforward. It's a little complex. A company really should hire some experts that can navigate the implementation.

Including testing, the deployment took about three hours. It's not a long or drawn-out process.

Technically, you only need one person to handle the setup, however, it's advisable to at least have two people who are knowledgeable.

In our case, we implemented it first in a separate environment and, once we saw everything was working as it should, then we sent it to production.

There isn't much maintenance required. There's another application that handles that, however, we do have to monitor logs and the server where we put the searches.

It's advisable that an expert is brought on for the process.

I'm not sure if the company has experienced any ROI while using the product. We do have a bunch of different solutions packaged together under one main solution, and, in that sense, the company is able to save more while maximizing technology usage.

I don't directly deal with licensing and therefore can't speak to the exact costs of the solution.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the search version of the solution.

I'd recommend the solution. It's a good tool and it's easy to implement and use. However, it's always a good idea to check out other solutions as well to see what is on the market.

I'd advise also that a company should be very careful in the permission profile that they provide to a partner or who is supporting the application.

I would rate the solution nine out of ten.

Download our free eDiscovery Report and find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Nuix, Smarsh, and more!
Updated: September 2022