IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

TP-Link Auranet EAP OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

TP-Link Auranet EAP is #19 ranked solution in top Wireless LAN tools. PeerSpot users give TP-Link Auranet EAP an average rating of 7.6 out of 10. TP-Link Auranet EAP is most commonly compared to Ruckus Wireless: TP-Link Auranet EAP vs Ruckus Wireless. TP-Link Auranet EAP is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 50% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 37% of all views.

Download the Wireless LAN Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is TP-Link Auranet EAP?

Auranet access points provide a business-class wireless network solution that’s flexible, manageable, secure, and easy-to-deploy. The free EAP Controller software allows users to manage hundreds of EAPs at multiple sites, all from a single location. The ability to control, adjust and visualize the entire network from any connected PC makes centralized business Wi-Fi management more efficient than ever before. Auranet EAPs also feature captive portal and advanced RF management functions, which make them ideal for demanding, high-traffic environments such as campuses, hotels, malls and offices.

TP-Link Auranet EAP was previously known as TP-Link EAP, Auranet EAP, Auranet.

TP-Link Auranet EAP Customers
Reflections Resort,Sim Lim Square, Hotel Mary Colombia, Peru WISP, Chase Grammer School

TP-Link Auranet EAP Pricing Advice

What users are saying about TP-Link Auranet EAP pricing:
"TP-Link provides solutions that are more cost-effective than other well-known brands."

TP-Link Auranet EAP Reviews

President at EDGE Systems Integrator and Tech Solutions Inc
Convenient cloud-based management, easy to set up, and quick to deploy
  • "This product is easy to use."
  • "The technical support could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to provide wireless internet coverage within the company. It is something that we also implement for our clients.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the cloud-based management option. It is very convenient to manage.

This product is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

The technical support could be improved.

The GUI is quite good, although there's still room for improvement in that regard.

We have been using TP-Link Auranet EAP for approximately four years, since 2018.

Wireless LAN
July 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about TP-Link, Aruba Networks, Ruckus and others in Wireless LAN. Updated: July 2022.
621,593 professionals have used our research since 2012.

This product is quite stable.

Scalability-wise, it is quite good.

Our company is quite small. We have between 10 and 15 people that use it.

One of our clients has a large plant, and they have several EAP access points on-premises. They have between 800 and 1,000 users. Since the access points were installed, they haven't had any issues with them.

It is quite difficult to get support from TP-Link. They should provide more support to their clients. Sometimes, we just research the problem and solve the problems ourselves.

I would rate the technical support a two out of five.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

The initial setup is straightforward and easy to do.

We can set up a single access point in ten minutes. Depending on the person that does the implementation, it can be very fast.

We do the implementation with our in-house team.

TP-Link provides solutions that are more cost-effective than other well-known brands. It is a one-time cost with no licensing fees.

We are currently researching Aruba Wireless products to compare against TP-Link.

We chose TP-Link because it's very cost effective. It is cheaper than the other big brands, like Aruba or Cisco. Our clients prefer to have a cost-effective solution because some of them plan to scale, having a large quantity of access points.

For example, some companies require 20 access points, but they have a limited budget. This means that we need to modify their plan or look for a solution for them that will fit their budget.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, this is a good product and I recommend it because it's easy to use.

ABDURRAHIM - PeerSpot reviewer
Deputy Manager - Radio Frequency Planning at X-Net Ltd.
Simple initial setup, but lacking scalability

What is our primary use case?

Our goal is for the people of Dhaka to be able to have WiFi from their mobile devices, and this is why we are using TP-Link Auranet EAP.

What needs improvement?

TP-Link Auranet EAP is not very efficient, they need to improve it.

I used TP-Link Auranet EAP within the last 12 months.

We have not been satisfied with the performance of TP-Link Auranet EAP.

The coverage of TP-Link Auranet EAP is very low, it is approximately 45 meters.

We had approximately 200 people using the solution.

The initial setup is not complicated. However, mounting the device is not simple.

What other advice do I have?

I would not recommend this solution to others.

I rate TP-Link Auranet EAP a seven out of ten.

Download our free Wireless LAN Report and find out what your peers are saying about TP-Link, Aruba Networks, Ruckus, and more!
Updated: July 2022