IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

CA Deliver OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the Reporting Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is CA Deliver?
CA Deliver is an online report management system that provides you with tools to manage and reduce the cost of report distribution. Able to be utilized by itself or in conjunction with other enterprise report management solutions from CA Technologies, CA Deliver uses the power of the mainframe to automate the day-to-day report management functions of distribution, tracking and printing.
CA Deliver Customers
ERGO
CA Deliver Video

Archived CA Deliver Reviews (more than two years old)

it_user837525 - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Systems Engineer (Sr. level II) at a insurance company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Gives us one repository for various output formats and retention periods
  • "Having one repository for various output formats and retention periods. Provides the flexibility to establish hundreds of different retention entries, based upon business need, and then group the like retention period outputs together on the same media. It is very efficient."
  • "A common theme with all CA products is they state compatibility with new technologies when it has not yet been proven. I cite the example that CA mainframe products were deemed to be compatible with Extended Address Volumes (EAV) - larger sized disk volumes - when they were not."

What is most valuable?

Having one repository for various output formats and retention periods. Financial firms have many regulatory retention specifications for various report types. Having the flexibility to establish 557 different retention entries, based upon business need, and then grouping the like retention period outputs together on the same media, is very efficient.

What needs improvement?

A common theme with all CA products is they state compatibility with new technologies when it has not yet been proven. Much like other technology companies that have fallen into this trap, let feature and compatibly releases be controlled by the technical group, instead of the marketing and/or management people. I cite the example that CA mainframe products were deemed to be compatible with Extended Address Volumes (EAV) - larger sized disk volumes - when they were not.  I have been doing this for 37 years and see it all too often, sometimes to the detriment of the company itself (Storage Technology Corp. and its Iceberg array comes to mind).

More than five years.

I would rate stability at nine out of 10. For the most part, CA View and Deliver are good out-of-the-box.
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, GNU, IBM and others in Reporting Tools. Updated: June 2022.
608,010 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I would rate scalability at nine out of 10. It does what we need it to do.

I rate technical support at nine out of 10, as we get great service. Only a couple of times was there some foot-dragging when an issue might have been multi-vendor related, and the two vendors should have collaborated instead of using the customer as an intermediary.

We've been using it since 1985. We went with it for the routine printing of all computer generated output at that time.

The product itself is straightforward, if a new customer spends the time to implement it correctly. Our internal turnover of the product was made complex due the complexity that was created during the prior install.

I do not deal with the financial aspect.

None, as it was basically paper back in 1985.

What other advice do I have?

Spend a large amount of time on the front-end, understanding output retention policies and the business recovery/resumption processes specific to your environment. The flexibility of the product makes this a great tool for those in industries with data regulatory issues.
it_user791223 - PeerSpot reviewer
Service Delivery Manager at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Flexible report configuration, segmenting reports on specific requirements are key
  • "Flexibility of report configuration; allows for quick and simple amendments to definitions."
  • "Needs ability to allow export to xls/pdf, etc. (Note: this is available in add-on product CA – OM Web Viewer)."

How has it helped my organization?

Has allowed us to move away from centralised printing to user/local based. Ability to segment reports and archive and/or print, based on specific requirements.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

Functionality to allow export to xls/pdf, etc. (Note: this is available in add-on product CA – OM Web Viewer).

More than five years.

Close to 100% availability. Less than 2-3 problems impacting availability in 20 years.

No issues, very easy to upscale for growth.

Rarely used, but has always been responsive and delivered a solution.

Previously, Control-D. Switched to align to enterprise preferred solution.

Was not involved initially. Have performed many iterations since, very easy to install/configure.

Pricing is reasonable, licensing model suitable for large enterprises.

Offerings from AGS, Tivoli, IBM. None offered a suitable migration solution or same breadth of functionality.

What other advice do I have?

Extremely stable/reliable. Easy to install. Would suggest also installing OM Web Viewer to allow browser based access to the tool. Highly recommended.

June 2022
608,010 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user346092 - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Systems Programmer at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
It's in essence a digital bank that keep customer information for 40 to 50 years, accessible 24/7.

What is most valuable?

It’s an archiving solution with all the support of CA. All your customer data flows through it, from their names to all their other details.

How has it helped my organization?

The benefits are that it keeps their information for over 40 to 50 years, so in essence it's a digital bank for customer information. This means that the customer information is available for you to access 24/7.

What needs improvement?

I work with the developers so I get what I want built into the project.

I've been using it since 1988.

It's totally stable and we've never had any issues.

It's been in use for us for recording 30 million customers and we have 90,000 users on it. We've had no problems.

They're responsive. I've never had an issue and I've been using it for 25-30 years.

It's straightforward, and we update regularly. The last update was to v12.2 about six months ago.

I've never thought about switching.

What other advice do I have?

You should look at the solution that you require and make sure to choose a product that does what you need it for. So here it keeps customer details in a secure location.

Download our free Reporting Tools Report and find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, GNU, IBM, and more!
Updated: June 2022