IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

MailChimp OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

MailChimp is #2 ranked solution in top Cloud Email tools. PeerSpot users give MailChimp an average rating of 8 out of 10. MailChimp is most commonly compared to Zoho Campaigns: MailChimp vs Zoho Campaigns. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 31% of all views.
What is MailChimp?

MailChimp is an email marketing service with more than 5 million users around the world. Design, send, and track email newsletters from anywhere. And since MailChimp is built to support lists with millions of subscribers, we'll scale with your company.

MailChimp Customers

The Atlantic, WNYC, Sierra Nevada, New York Times

MailChimp Video

MailChimp Reviews

Nabin Poudel - PeerSpot reviewer
CEO at Curl Labs
Good templates, nice dashboards, and easy integration with other apps
  • "Running email campaigns is easy and straightforward."
  • "A standalone system for private servers would be ideal."

What is our primary use case?

We have integrated the MailChimp plugin into our WordPress website to collect subscribers. We've collected subscribers that are segmented automatically from the MailChimp dashboard.

It also provides email templates that can be customized quickly. Running email campaigns is easy and straightforward.

It gives a nice reporting dashboard of the active campaigns with bounce rate, open rates, clicks, etc.

MailChimp also offers transactional emails for quickly authorizing our users. We have been happily using  MailChimp for all our email marketing needs.

How has it helped my organization?

Before MailChimp, sending bulk emails and managing subscribers used to take hours, and many subscribers were missed or lost. We had no idea how many of our emails were opened or clicked.

After using MailChimp to collect and manage subscribers and newsletter campaigns, we are able to automate the whole process of email campaigns in just a few clicks. This has saved hours of manual and tedious work for our marketing department. With its rich reporting dashboard, we are able to gain valuable insights into the effectiveness of our email campaigns.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of MailChimp are as follows:

1. It's free to start. You can collect and manage up to 2,000 subscribers and 10,000 emails per month. This feature allows new users to get a quick glance at MailChimp's power.

2. It offers widgets and plugins to easily collect subscribers either from websites or apps.

3. It has a library of beautiful email templates that can be customized in just a few clicks.

4. Its reporting gives important insights on open rates and clicks.

5. Email campaigns can be automated or scheduled.

What needs improvement?

Push notifications and SMS capabilities can be included in the next release.

Also, a modern and updated template library would be great.

The website builder can also be improved with more customization and hot reloading features.

A standalone system for private servers would be ideal.

Mobile apps can be improved to harness current hardware standards.

The user dashboard can be made much more elegant.

Some kind of gamification, reward, and loyalty programs for users would be awesome to have.

Also, integration with more third-party systems would be a plus.

We have been using Mailchimp for almost ten years now.

Project Manager at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Has many capabilities, but could be more user-friendly
  • "MailChimp has many capabilities."
  • "The solution could be easier to use."

What is our primary use case?

We use MailChimp to send campaigns to potential clients.

What needs improvement?

The solution could be easier to use. I'm still looking around. While it has many capabilities it could be more user-friendly.

The limitations of the solution should also be better defined. I reached my maximum limit for Gmail use and now cannot work with my email.

I have been using MailChimp for around one week.

I do not know if we will increase usage. This will depend on the growth of our work.

We have not made use of technical support.

Previously, we used the CloudMail product of Gmail.

As the solution is cloud-based, there is no installation involved.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is one of CloudMail.

For the moment there is a single user. As mentioned, we primarily are involved in campaigns for email companies.

I cannot provide a recommendation of the solution at this time as it is very early on and I would need to use it more.

As MailChimp has many capabilities, but is not sufficiently user-friendly, I rate it as a seven out of ten.